[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Doki Doki Returns!

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 22,605
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    We used to get banned for making threads like these. You'll see why when someone freaks out on the forum because that thing they prepared for (that thing they were never promised) never ever happened. ~ I'd rather have the real content from which this content was born and drawn over.

*is-sick-of-Doki-Doki* -- Doki Doki: Where the entire population of Mabinogi goes to afk fish die learn to fly.

Nekojima - Japan "Exclusive" (not to be confused with that other place using/occupying its map).

I dunno...

I feel that Nekojima content would get swiftly discarded or ignored.
    It's basically all grind, just for Cat Armor.

You do get a Lucky Neko Robe for doing the mini-questline, though. And a mostly-cosmetic title.
    People might do it once just for that, since previously it's been only released in limited situations, like the Meowbinogi event, or as a reward for attending a convention.

But Nekojima seems to be one of those... "products of its time". Content-wise of course
    It's dungeon novel because of its Dungeon layout, cat enemy theme, and lack of a boss fight, but it's basically just working towards Cat Armor.
    And the Island itself just has the unique properties of being unable to summon dog-type pets, and the local cat NPCs becoming hostile to rodent-type pets, and having access to metallurgy sites where you can find fancy gems that are basically reskins of current gems that aren't any better for ego-feeding and can't be used for upgrades.
    It's just novel content, mostly done once for the rewards and ignored.
    In that sense, it resembles an event.
    I mean, we're likely to never get it, so it's a moot point, but still.

Also, how can you be sick of Doki Doki Island?
    Hasn't it been almost 2 years since we last got it?
    There's been plenty of time to get over being sick of it.
    HardmuscleTwelieCrims
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,125
    I think for those who have everything already maxed out and have most of the outfits...these events become moot point in doing period...as they wait for the next content. Other than that...these events that cross the board for beginners and advanced players alike are really awesome....so glad they started doing that because it was hard for beginners and they need new ppl to settle into this game.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    edited March 13, 2018
    @Iyasenu - Nekojima is based on a real place in Japan (hence the "Exclusive" narrative). We'll never see it here.

https://allabout-japan.com/en/article/3882/

Yeah. It's been about two years, but it's still the place where everyone in Mabinogi goes to park, fish and sleep.

It wouldn't bother me so much if we weren't made to engage in "fake love ties" with "strangers" :smirk: :trollface: :love:

Edit (20 minutes later).. I just caught .. -- learn to fly .. -- but I want to fly alone .. lol -<-

Greta
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,460
    I'd like to get a Nekojima event at least once, just to experience the island the way that it was originally intended. XD As it is, it's fun to just look at all the cat things and wonder.

Mostly though... just hoping that they'll unlock rebirths for Doki pets when the event rolls out again because I still have a ton of duplicates that I'd like to convert into other animals. And unless we do get new pets to go after, I don't have much reason to participate in Doki again. =/ I'm totally just here for the pets.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,465
    Doki Doki island that one event you can do on all characters and be done one months grind in a week.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,580
    Can't we just have Nekojima be full of cat girls?

541.png

ecd.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvZ0Qg-FIrnFZ66o8jWehM-OXuamAK-vY19GqH_6vPHSnrsnzo

And the pet boxes gives you a choice of the Baltan Squires with cat ears? Kaour with cat ears, Kanna with cat ears, etc?

I'd kill for this.
    HazurahSherriNegumikopawcalypse
  • Radiant DawnRadiant Dawn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,095
    mmm as to cat girl/boy i prefer the Miqo'te from final fantasy 14 :D
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 43,070
    edited March 14, 2018

furrytrash

furrytrash

furrytrash

And the pet boxes gives you a choice of the Baltan Squires with cat ears? Kaour with cat ears, Kanna with cat ears, etc?

I'd kill for this.

Uh, no thanks... xD Seen so much cat girls that it literally gives me strong weeb vibes every time i look at one.
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,230
    edited March 14, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Doki Doki island that one event you can do on all characters and be done one months grind in a week.

Until they make you register a character. I've noticed that even with older events and new ones, that is starting to become a trend.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,595
    edited March 15, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »

Until they make you register a character. I've noticed that even with older events and new ones, that is starting to become a trend.

IDK about anybody else but it's annoying me that they've been doing that. -_-
    All it does is encourage alts.
    Blissfulkill
  • CrimsCrims
    Sherri wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

IDK about anybody else but it's annoying me that they've been doing that. -_-
    All it does is encourage alts.

Yeah but alts require some work with the level 30 requirement.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 30,805
    Unless they make the fish from Doki Doki/Nekojima permanent and their respective dishes as well, people will continue to AFK fish there. Although their goal is to not use the fish in that way.
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    I loved Doki Doki Island and I think they should work on it and make it into a new area
  • papatuluspapatulus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200

I'd kill for this.

man this post is weird. just me?
    GretaSunfallSky
    papatulus wrote: »

I'd kill for this.

Well at least it's not caterpillars
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,580

I'd kill for this.

Where's the dislike button, where is it? :/
    Kensamaofmari
    On FB.
  • CrimsCrims

I'd kill for this.

Where's the dislike button, where is it? :/

You know originally the new forums was going to have a feature like that, but it was never implemented because more than likely it would be abused.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,805

Not just you, I think I saw other girls also intimidated by the cute cat girls.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,805
    edited April 8, 2018
    I've waited... and will continue waiting to resell my cateyes