Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why did you turn on the servers on early

OwntrolfOwntrolf
Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
edited March 22, 2018 in General Chat
692cec4c1e.png
Mari got insta 0/2 and 0/3

And I probably wont be able to get anything from this event because someone thought it was a good idea to turn on servers early
Zairak
  1. salt14 votes
    1. yes
       71% (10 votes)
    2. yes
       29% (4 votes)

Comments

• ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Ive given up on the event.. i was 1 gold coin away from getting #1. It already annoys me it doesnt correctly display what you get when you draw, then you have to get so many of the said amount to get the item? ...Its a in game gachupon, but worse. Then again guess thats fair since you arent paying a dollar for it..(Not really, just annoying you cant actually get anything -_-)
    ZairakoffwithyourheadsYangKoete
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    Ive given up on the event.. i was 1 gold coin away from getting #1. It already annoys me it doesnt correctly display what you get when you draw, then you have to get so many of the said amount to get the item? ...Its a in game gachupon, but worse. Then again guess thats fair since you arent paying a dollar for it..(Not really, just annoying you cant actually get anything -_-)

Nah, it doesn't have anything to do with how many times you get to spend gold a day.

Nexon just likes to tweak our noses by making the 'failed 6th attempt' always fall on the #1 prize icon.
    GretaYangKoete
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Zairak wrote: »
    Nah, it doesn't have anything to do with how many times you get to spend gold a day.
    So.. You dont have to get the amount shown under to get the actually prize?
    Zairak wrote: »
    Nexon just likes to tweak our noses by making the 'failed 6th attempt' always fall on the #1 prize icon.
    Also as for the always fall on that icon.. I meant that i had three coin entry and one gold, But it never once showed i got it. Same for #2, I never see the Icon but it showed i got it.
    Zairak
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    0/2 means no one actually got it yet lul If the prizes are already snatched, it will show as 2/2 with red colors
    ZairakGretaTweliecourtneyy
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited March 22, 2018
    Owntrolf wrote: »
    692cec4c1e.png

And I probably wont be able to get anything from this event because someone thought it was a good idea to turn on servers early

as said in every maintenance post "Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification." there have been a few times in the past where players could login 10 to 30 minutes before the maintenance was estimated to end. it is nothing to get worked up about and players are given notification that it may change and should be prepared for the possibility that they can login a few minutes early or have to be a few minutes late. 10th anniversary is supposed to be about enjoying the event with friends so next time just try logging in earlier even if it fails and enjoy Festia :)
    ZairakGreta
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    edited March 22, 2018
    ShouK wrote: »
    0/2 means no one actually got it yet lul If the prizes are already snatched, it will show as 2/2 with red colors

If only Mabinogi's RNG were so kind as to run out of prizes within a half hour.

I'm not sure that Tarlach has managed to totally run out of the top 3 prizes yet for this event.
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    Instant prize winnings tells you how many people on the server have won the prize out of how many of that prize are possible on the server. It got to insta 0/2 and 0/3 because prizes refreshed and 0 people on the server have won the prize yet. You don't need a certain number of winning pulls to get a prize.
    ZairakGretaTwelie
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Ah ok, I never understood it when it came out- Then again when it came out i wasnt really a fan of the over all idea of the fiesta since you need tickets to do a lot ;_;.. Plus over all, You need people.. But thank you for clearing that up.
    Zairak
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    It's rigged anyway. Multiple times I have landed on a good prize just for it to change last second.
    A few friends of mine have this issue as well.
    ZairakYangKoete
  • Sephard3Sephard3
    Mabinogi Rep: 465
    Every week the Gold Entry has been 0/2. I'm sure lots of people are doing their 5 gold entries per day and it literally hasn't given out wings for gold a single time. (On Mari)
    Zairak
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    This thread confuses me. What's OP problem? o-o
    Zairak
  • gregre
    Mabinogi Rep: 865
    Greta wrote: »
    What's OP problem? o-o

because i almost earned 4mil by selling my second pair of wings and i knew i was on my third
    Zairak
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Returning to the game this week, at this rate, getting anything from the event is already a win for me.
    Zairak
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited March 22, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    This thread confuses me. What's OP problem? o-o
    OP is confusing 0/2 and 0/3 for 2/2 and 3/3. With the thinking that all the prizes were already claimed because "there are zero left".
    ZairakTwelie
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited March 22, 2018
    TBH, I'm surprised Alexina didn't max out ANY of the prizes other than wings for gold this past week.
    So I guess the RNG is worse than the previous Festia Instant Event that was very recently, the game is 'finally dying', not enough people are throwing coins at it, or Nexon learned how to 'balance' RNG, once again unlike the last event.

Negumiko wrote: »
    Owntrolf wrote: »
    692cec4c1e.png

as said in every maintenance post "Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification." there have been a few times in the past where players could login 10 to 30 minutes before the maintenance was estimated to end. it is nothing to get worked up about and players are given notification that it may change and should be prepared for the possibility that they can login a few minutes early or have to be a few minutes late. 10th anniversary is supposed to be about enjoying the event with friends so next time just try logging in earlier even if it fails and enjoy Festia :)

/thread

knowledge > salt.

Edit:
    @
    |
    |
    V Well, you sure ain't wrong.
    Zairak
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    TBH, I'm surprised Alexina didn't max out ANY of the prizes other than wings for gold this past week.
    So I guess the RNG is worse than the previous Festia Instant Event that was very recently, the game is 'finally dying', not enough people are throwing coins at it, or Nexon learned how to 'balance' RNG, once again unlike the last event.
    Well all the top prizes sucks, so probably people don't throw alts at them or don't do them on their main every day. Previous event actually has some awesome stuff that gives out celtic howling and 5m every week so people have been religiously doing them and alt scumming.

Watch the top prize for the last week gone within an hour after maint for coin spot because the top prize is a new festia wing and we would have 400++ coins if we didn't spend any yet.
    Zairak
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited March 23, 2018
    Well all the top prizes sucks, so probably people don't throw alts at them or don't do them on their main every day. Previous event actually has some awesome stuff that gives out celtic howling and 5m every week so people have been religiously doing them and alt scumming.

Watch the top prize for the last week gone within an hour after maint for coin spot because the top prize is a new festia wing and we would have 400++ coins if we didn't spend any yet.

Yep this is what's going to happen. I already see armies of alts in festia. I'm sure single players will be throwing thousands of coins at those wings. It's pretty dumb. I wish I could have traded the instant prize coins for mabi coins. I could have gotten another couple bags and made a killing.
    Zairak
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Low level accounts should not be allowed entry, even to the behest of newer players. Sorry guys, but who knows how'll long you guys will stay?
    GretaAshersKensamaofmaricourtneyyZairakSherri
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited March 24, 2018
    Low level accounts should not be allowed entry, even to the behest of newer players. Sorry guys, but who knows how'll long you guys will stay?

Er. I started almost 10 years ago and have 11 characters and play on more than one doesn't mean I'm not worthy of top prizes, sorry. Grinding out levels means literally nothing next to the dedication to the game and time spent playing. Maybe they should actually limit high level players from entering since they have so much stuff and are oh so godly, what do they need a lame pair of wings for?

EDIT: Also, they already have enough time keeping new players, why do something stupid like that, that would disappoint them even more?
    ShouKZairakSherri
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 24, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Er. I started almost 10 years ago and have 11 characters and play on more than one doesn't mean I'm not worthy of top prizes, sorry. Grinding out levels means literally nothing next to the dedication to the game and time spent playing. Maybe they should actually limit high level players from entering since they have so much stuff and are oh so godly, what do they need a lame pair of wings for?

EDIT: Also, they already have enough time keeping new players, why do something stupid like that, that would disappoint them even more?

I think a certain level IS appropriate. I wasn't talking a cumulative of 10k or 1k, although my logic there was that as an anniversary celebration, it should celebrate Mabinogi and the players who supported it. To which I say yes, an argument can be made that some "deserve" it more. (To clarify, this is a basic distinction between prospective players and established players, not "14031 deserving it more than 14029")

Even then, the level should ideally be high enough that repeating alternative entries would be more burdensome with more attempts. Say...300. Nothing to newer players, a nightmare to repeat a significant number of times.

Perhaps with occasional email renewals, this would weed out more without such an unnecessary blow to low level players.

This isn't too high a burden to fulfill. It is almost a requisite of sorts, a minimum to say one plays Mabinogi.

My favorite idea, though, is separate tiers for different ranges of levels. (1-1k,1001-2k, 9001-20k.