Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Give Up Button on Basics Quests

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited March 17, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Everyone who has played Mabinogi has gotten the Basic Class Quests for the Talent they rebirth into. While they are nice for Beginners, they're annoying past their first run-through. What I would like to see is the Give Up button added to these quests so they can be removed from the Quest List without having to waste time on them.

Thoughts?
Leinei of Ruairi
Zairak
  1. Basics Quests. Love 'em or hate 'em?12 votes
    1. Love them!
       17% (2 votes)
    2. Hate them!
       42% (5 votes)
    3. Don't care!
       42% (5 votes)

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited March 17, 2018
    If a talent needs its own tutorial, then it is inherently too complicated and inelegantly designed. I want them removed altogether so we can eliminate the "Beginner Battle Class Board."
    Zairak
  • LeineiLeinei
    It's good for beginners to teach them how stuff is done and to unlock skills. But to be locked into having them sit in your quest window unless you do them is really annoying. -_-
    Zairak
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    I'd much rather have each combat talent have their own short tutorial storyline, like Fighter, Ninja, and Chain Slash.
    Zairak
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited March 18, 2018
    My main problem with the Basics of Quests are the fact that you always have them in your Quest Window until you do them. There's no Give Up Button, and when you're almost ten years into the game like I am, that's an annoying thing.

I think Quest Storylines for that sort of thing would be helpful, as long as it's a one-and-done thing.
    Zairak
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    edited March 22, 2018
    I thought the Beginner Quests were a one-time thing anyway.

It might be that Mabinogi's just glitching for you and re-giving the quest when it shouldn't be; I've been cycling through Talents for GM and haven't gotten any of the Beginner Quests again. I have, however, received a G1 quest again, where you have to kill zombies for Duncan's eldritch doppleganger, despite that quest-line being done for years.

At least, that's what I assume is happening to you, since you seemed alright with the concept of a 'one-and-done' Quest Storyline.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited March 22, 2018
    Zairak wrote: »
    I thought the Beginner Quests were a one-time thing anyway.

It might be that Mabinogi's just glitching for you and re-giving the quest when it shouldn't be; I've been cycling through Talents for GM and haven't gotten any of the Beginner Quests again. I have, however, received a G1 quest again, where you have to kill zombies for Duncan's eldritch doppleganger, despite that quest-line being done for years.

At least, that's what I assume is happening to you, since you seemed alright with the concept of a 'one-and-done' Quest Storyline.

No, the quests I'm talking about are the ones that come to you every time you rebirth into a Talent. You get the Tin Tutorial Quests that teach you about the skills and they keep coming back. It doesn't matter how many times you do them. Not talking like where you get skills originally, like the Rush of Love storyline quests.
    Zairak
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Leinei wrote: »
    No, the quests I'm talking about are the ones that come to you every time you rebirth into a Talent. You get the Tin Tutorial Quests that teach you about the skills and they keep coming back. It doesn't matter how many times you do them. Not talking like where you get skills originally, like the Rush of Love storyline quests.

Yeah, exactly. I've never gotten those ones more than once per Talent, no matter how many times I went back into it.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited March 23, 2018

Yeah, exactly. I've never gotten those ones more than once per Talent, no matter how many times I went back into it.

I think Leinei is saying they do not WANT to get them per Talent type. Say I rebirthed into range talent, I get beginner range quests, next I rebirth into gun talent, I get beginner (again) gun quests.... they don't want that. They don't want any beginner quests, regardless of it being a new talent.

That is what I understand from what they are saying anyways, and I could be totally wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. Lol. :p
    Zairak
  • LeineiLeinei
    Jazmyn wrote: »

I think Leinei is saying they do not WANT to get them per Talent type. Say I rebirthed into range talent, I get beginner range quests, next I rebirth into gun talent, I get beginner (again) gun quests.... they don't want that. They don't want any beginner quests, regardless of it being a new talent.

That is what I understand from what they are saying anyways, and I could be totally wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. Lol. :p

Ok, lemme start over because it sounds like I am being misunderstood. For some reason, when I rebirth into a talent, even if I've been in it previously, I still get these Basics of (Insert Talent Here) Quests from the Beginner's Class Board thing, you know the stuff with Tin? It doesn't matter if I've done them, they come back any time I rebirth, and it's really annoying to deal with because you can't simply just say "Give Up" on the quest to get rid of it. You'd have to go through the motions for it to finally go away for that rebirth period. They're labelled as Tutorial Quests in the Quest Window.
    Zairak
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Ok, lemme start over because it sounds like I am being misunderstood. For some reason, when I rebirth into a talent, even if I've been in it previously, I still get these Basics of (Insert Talent Here) Quests from the Beginner's Class Board thing, you know the stuff with Tin? It doesn't matter if I've done them, they come back any time I rebirth, and it's really annoying to deal with because you can't simply just say "Give Up" on the quest to get rid of it. You'd have to go through the motions for it to finally go away for that rebirth period. They're labelled as Tutorial Quests in the Quest Window.

These ones?
    Zairak
  • LeineiLeinei
    Yes.
    Zairak
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Yes.

Ok, so, say you rebirthed into Gunslinger talent for the first time, you get the tutorial quests for Gunslinger talent, you complete those quests and then rebirth again in a week into Gunslinger talent for the second time and you will get the Gunslinger talent tutorial quests again?
    Zairak
  • LeineiLeinei
    Yes.
    Zairak
  • papatuluspapatulus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    yeah, that's a bug. I rebirthed yesterday and did not receive any new beginner quests
    ZairakJazmyn
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    As a veteran i agree, it can be a pain to do those small quests over and over again for every new character i make.
    Especially if you're trying to clean out your quest-list of unfinished quests. :P