Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How about that Cave of Trials?

Comments

• ToonToon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,460
    edited March 23, 2018
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the application and activation of Bloody Duke is quite consistent, and that stacking equipment effects does not result in a stronger effect, which would be what is implied by stacking the wings with the pots?
    It's not like the wiki is infalliable, but if any/all of the above information is incorrect, I'd like to fix it.

After you get marked by Duke it is rng. You can just drop dead at any time, he doesn't need to hit you with anything. "Going near Duke's Mist while being affected by Bloody Duke will instantly incapacitate the player." < This on the wiki is not true. Any attack speed buff item stacks until your attack speed is capped. Lances are Very Slow weapons, that's why you need a lot to cap with them. That's actually written in the attack delay potion description as well. "Attack Delay is reduced by 15% for 10 minutes upon use. (Only applied when your attack speed is not maxed out.)".
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    edited March 23, 2018
    Toon wrote: »
    After you get marked by Duke it is rng. You can just drop dead at any time, he doesn't need to hit you with anything. "Going near Duke's Mist while being affected by Bloody Duke will instantly incapacitate the player." < This on the wiki is not true
    From my experience, I only get instakill if I am near the Duke after he use that digging the ground move though so it is not rng and the wiki is true on that if this “Duke’s Mist” is the black round thingy under Duke after he teleports.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Duke's instant kill move is rng, there is not much you can do to avoid it besides killing him as fast as you can. If you use the demigod shield skill, you should be fine on lich, not take any damage on him. Theoretically humans are the best for caves, as seen here The top scores are elves in NA because there are no strong enough humans. If you have connection issues, use a tunneling service like Mudfish, WTFast or Pingzapper. Another thing that helps is eating Indog Cotton Candy, for when your demi shield is down.
    EDIT: I take that back what I said about humans being better for it, I've managed to beat that human's time by 5 seconds.
    EDIT 2: I take that back again, the best strat for this is FH ele lance with 9 pierce, attack speed delay potion, attack speed set and festia GM wings.

Are you sure you just don't kill anything super fast before it does anything? :p
  • ToonToon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,460

Are you sure you just don't kill anything super fast before it does anything? :p

Talking about the duke thing? I'm honestly not sure don't quote me on that, it's just based off of information I've obtained and past experiences.

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I'm just going to throw this out there as I find it slightly amusing (also extremely surprising that I made it that far), but I finally got up to Duke the other day and I got knocked out so fast that I didn't even see what he looked like. xD
    YangKoeteMaiaWolfandWolf

Talking about the duke thing? I'm honestly not sure don't quote me on that, it's just based off of information I've obtained and past experiences.

I fight him a great deal slower, and I consistently die from that one attack till i began dodging it, and surviving allowed me to live long enough to kill him.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Duke's instant kill move is rng...

...attack speed delay potion, attack speed set and festia GM wings.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the application and activation of Bloody Duke is quite consistent, and that stacking equipment effects does not result in a stronger effect, which would be what is implied by stacking the wings with the pots?
    It's not like the wiki is infalliable, but if any/all of the above information is incorrect, I'd like to fix it.

one gives attack speed, and the other is delay reduction. They do stack.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Doing this nonchalantly, when sahagins spawn they throw me off a bit before succubus queen.
    Claimh Solas uses some time due to large HP amount. And by the time I get to #7 I'm worn out.
    Also I'm doing this in the middle of night after a long day of work.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    I don't understand how the devs expected elves and giants to beat this. I know humans can just Final Scum their way to victory (like everything else), but with us it's a little bit harder (and don't even BEGIN to suggest Final Shot, it's so useless in comparison that it's pretty much just a bad joke at this point).

Making it to the Master Lich is easy, but after that I'm just done. I can't see giants doing it either really, I don't know much about them but I'm fairly certain they don't have any massive DPS.

At this point I just enter the dungeon and leave immediately so I can get the daily done.

I'm an elf, I can beat it in ~4 mins if I get somewhat lucky. If not it's longer because queen debuff. I don't even have a magnum combo card yet either, but vision + final shot means magnums fire as fast as I can click basically and all those shots are hits too.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Duke's instant kill move is rng...

...attack speed delay potion, attack speed set and festia GM wings.

one gives attack speed, and the other is delay reduction. They do stack.

I meant the whole AS set + Wing effect / Delay Pot + Wings effect, I understand AS and delay are considered separate.

I now understand that they work for max meaning VFast, not to a maximum % increase, as I had originally thought.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    After you get marked by Duke it is rng.
    nah it's one of his attacks either the rise up in the air thing or the black circle, can't tell cuz only died to it a couple times and i had the camera facing away from him
    but it's definitely only because i was being careless and got too close to him. cuz if i get bloody duke debuff applied and then stay out of his attack range, never die
    hm i've only ever got the debuff from the life drain thing i think
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Also, as an additional bit of unimportant info, since you said you didn't have any experience with the Duke before, if you manage to get a Critical Counterattack, Duke will lose more and more of his outfit.
    It doesn't seem to do anything special in this version of the fight, but it's just something interesting.
    lol what!!! really!!!

• YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    I made it to the Duke since I spammed potions SO much XD
    Jazmyn
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Also, as an additional bit of unimportant info, since you said you didn't have any experience with the Duke before, if you manage to get a Critical Counterattack, Duke will lose more and more of his outfit.
    It doesn't seem to do anything special in this version of the fight, but it's just something interesting.

Duke confirmed for King Incubus?
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited March 26, 2018
    The Lich is the toughest for me.

Add me to the list of people trying to figure out why the heck the Daro and the Song of Grief come *after* the Succubus Queen. LOL
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Policroma wrote: »

Add me to the list of people trying to figure out why the heck the Daro and the Song of Grief come *after* the Succubus Queen. LOL

Daro hits like a truck and you can't really avoid it I'd say he's harder than queen, at least trials queen. Song of Grief is a push over in trials and should 100% be before queen. I hate lich because if he spawns on you sometimes you just lose instantly. Gets the choking debuff on you while 2 ghasts beat on you then you get thundered. It's just RIP right there.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Daro hits like a truck and you can't really avoid it I'd say he's harder than queen, at least trials queen.
    But he don't debuff you while you're attacking him so you can basically tank his attack. At most I only need 2 recovery pots before I killed him. Unlike the queen, once you get debuffed to level 3 you can't attack her anymore and have to play the waiting game.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Daktaro wrote: »
    lol what!!! really!!!
    uIszpQV.jpg
    LOL
    i had to for science
    Radiant DawnTwelieWolfandWolfJazmyn
    edited March 27, 2018

Daro hits like a truck and you can't really avoid it I'd say he's harder than queen, at least trials queen. Song of Grief is a push over in trials and should 100% be before queen. I hate lich because if he spawns on you sometimes you just lose instantly. Gets the choking debuff on you while 2 ghasts beat on you then you get thundered. It's just RIP right there.

Dero is in a way "tougher". The entire battle consists of you tanking his blows. With enough caution and full recovery potions, it isn't too difficult for even an Elf like myself to repeatedly tank his blows.

He's more or less just cheap. He has a far too short a knock down time, and has autodefense that makes it bit difficult. He teleports. He keeps coming and coming with a flurry of high hitting melee.

The entire battle is essentially a spam of either Chain Impale, Magnum Shot, etc.

The queen requires more thought in how to play again her. You have to use invincibility frames to dodge her soul drain, or otherwise Way Of The Gun or Arrow Spam. You have dodge her pink balls. You are best off utilizing range so she won't do her Succubus Kung Fu on you. You are better off with a full set of ice elementals to nullify her instacast ice spear. Her meteor...alright, the meteor is pretty cheap.

With good enough stats and buffs (Indigo Cotton Candy, anyone?) Dero is simply a yawn fest. Succubus Queen requires more strategy due to her hits inflicting a devastating debuff that one cannot simply bypass with a full recovery pot or two.

Essentially, dodging Succubus Queen is a necessity for those who cannot kill her in under 10 seconds flat.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 27, 2018
    lol what!!! really!!!
    uIszpQV.jpg
    LOL
    i had to for science

*spits out water* What... LOL. This is so good :^)
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

Dero is in a way "tougher". The entire battle consists of you tanking his blows. With enough caution and full recovery potions, it isn't too difficult for even an Elf like myself to repeatedly tank his blows.

He's more or less just cheap. He has a far too short a knock down time, and has autodefense that makes it bit difficult. He teleports. He keeps coming and coming with a flurry of high hitting melee.

The entire battle is essentially a spam of either Chain Impale, Magnum Shot, etc.

The queen requires more thought in how to play again her. You have to use invincibility frames to dodge her soul drain, or otherwise Way Of The Gun or Arrow Spam. You have dodge her pink balls. You are best off utilizing range so she won't do her Succubus Kung Fu on you. You are better off with a full set of ice elementals to nullify her instacast ice spear. Her meteor...alright, the meteor is pretty cheap.

With good enough stats and buffs (Indigo Cotton Candy, anyone?) Dero is simply a yawn fest. Succubus Queen requires more strategy due to her hits inflicting a devastating debuff that one cannot simply bypass with a full recovery pot or two.

Essentially, dodging Succubus Queen is a necessity for those who cannot kill her in under 10 seconds flat.

I like the Queen fight because of the different mechanics involved. Daro is just a straigh dps check so I do think he's "harder" in that sense. I don't like Queens meteors as there isn't really a way to dodge them and it stacks that debuff on you. A tempura shrimp catering dish (bought from food truck) makes daro a lot more manageable too.