Check out the patch notes for the June 18th content update, My Little Pet: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23192/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Removal of bank fees

KyaryKyary
Mabinogi Rep: 650
Posts: 8
Member
in Feedback and Suggestions
Having played on and off since Mabinogi beta, I still don't understand the point of bank fees to this day, maybe someone can enlighten me. I think they should get rid of the cost to make checks, deposit gold, and deposit items in the bank. I mean if they were trying to be more realistic, it still doesn't make sense because in real life you don't pay money to deposit your money and the price of a check isn't determined by the amount of money you're trying to make a check for. What do you guys think?
YangKoete

Comments

  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,090
    Posts: 867
    Member
    we would have bank fees removed if they would give us the updated premium/VIP services. the updated VIP services Korea has removes bank fees and check fees and you can make check worth up to 20 mil instead of 5 mil. hopefully we will get the update soon, it has been out in Korea for 1 or 2 years now and every other version of mabi has better VIP services then the NA mabi.
    KyaryYangKoeteSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,175
    Posts: 6,637
    Member
    edited March 27, 2018
    No thanks. We need that gold sink for already messed up inflation. Fees are made to prevent this, or at least used to, until they started to give out ton of pets/bags which now can be bypassed by holding checks instead.
    YangKoeteSherri
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,900
    Posts: 2,759
    Member
    edited March 27, 2018
    Kyary wrote: »
    Having played on and off since Mabinogi beta, I still don't understand the point of bank fees to this day, maybe someone can enlighten me. I think they should get rid of the cost to make checks, deposit gold, and deposit items in the bank. I mean if they were trying to be more realistic, it still doesn't make sense because in real life you don't pay money to deposit your money and the price of a check isn't determined by the amount of money you're trying to make a check for. What do you guys think?

    @Kyary The idea is simple. In real life, money circulates. It changes hands, but a finite amount exists due to a finite amount of resources that are desired and needed.

    In Mabinogi, currency generates out of nothing. There is a never ending supply of gold. For some games, this works, but usually due to the absence of a player market. The problem with an infinitely increasing supply of gold is that, its value goes down. You need more over time, and sellers realize this. The monetary reward of missions stays the same. This makes it grind, and subjected to many other problems.

    To prevent this, one must realize that if there many ways to infinitely generate gold, there must just be as many to permanently destroy it. You got NPC shops, sure, but those aren't as reliable a constant as banking fees. Everyone uses the bank, banks are percentage based.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Posts: 266
    Member
    Well, there's still a MAJOUR thing that you do already for a fee; REPAIR.

    Seriously, how much money do ya spend to repair an accessory or Celtic weapon?
    Kyary
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,900
    Posts: 2,759
    Member
    YangKoete wrote: »
    Well, there's still a MAJOUR thing that you do already for a fee; REPAIR.

    Seriously, how much money do ya spend to repair an accessory or Celtic weapon?

    Not much if you don't use them. I don't run into many content where such things are feasible in amount to their repair. Many players like myself carry fomor weapons and cardinal blades for this reason. If we can do content just as easily with lower tier weapons, then we will, if but to save gold.
    Greta
  • KyaryKyary
    Mabinogi Rep: 650
    Posts: 8
    Member
    YangKoete wrote: »
    Well, there's still a MAJOUR thing that you do already for a fee; REPAIR.

    Seriously, how much money do ya spend to repair an accessory or Celtic weapon?

    I totally forgot about repairs. My swords alone cost 200k+ a point. I mean if KR Mabi has VIP services that get rid of the fees then I'm assuming it's not that detrimental, but I don't know how the economy in KR is.
    YangKoeteSherri
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Posts: 266
    Member
    YangKoete wrote: »
    Well, there's still a MAJOUR thing that you do already for a fee; REPAIR.

    Seriously, how much money do ya spend to repair an accessory or Celtic weapon?

    Not much if you don't use them. I don't run into many content where such things are feasible in amount to their repair. Many players like myself carry fomor weapons and cardinal blades for this reason. If we can do content just as easily with lower tier weapons, then we will, if but to save gold.

    There's still people who use them.

    Besides; Another big thing that is a minor "fee"? Consumables. Potions, Food, Enchants, Gem Ups, etc.

    Food is mostly just for buffs, but still.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,900
    Posts: 2,759
    Member
    YangKoete wrote: »
    YangKoete wrote: »
    Well, there's still a MAJOUR thing that you do already for a fee; REPAIR.

    Seriously, how much money do ya spend to repair an accessory or Celtic weapon?

    Not much if you don't use them. I don't run into many content where such things are feasible in amount to their repair. Many players like myself carry fomor weapons and cardinal blades for this reason. If we can do content just as easily with lower tier weapons, then we will, if but to save gold.

    There's still people who use them.

    Besides; Another big thing that is a minor "fee"? Consumables. Potions, Food, Enchants, Gem Ups, etc.

    Food is mostly just for buffs, but still.

    If we could do them just as easily, we wouldn't need any of those, and you forget. We normally get those in the player economy, not from NPCs.

    (Which is the basis of such. The point you pose before with repairs was that the gold was taken out and essentially destroyed as well.)
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Posts: 266
    Member
    YangKoete wrote: »
    YangKoete wrote: »
    Well, there's still a MAJOUR thing that you do already for a fee; REPAIR.

    Seriously, how much money do ya spend to repair an accessory or Celtic weapon?

    Not much if you don't use them. I don't run into many content where such things are feasible in amount to their repair. Many players like myself carry fomor weapons and cardinal blades for this reason. If we can do content just as easily with lower tier weapons, then we will, if but to save gold.

    There's still people who use them.

    Besides; Another big thing that is a minor "fee"? Consumables. Potions, Food, Enchants, Gem Ups, etc.

    Food is mostly just for buffs, but still.

    If we could do them just as easily, we wouldn't need any of those, and you forget. We normally get those in the player economy, not from NPCs.

    (Which is the basis of such. The point you pose before with repairs was that the gold was taken out and essentially destroyed as well.)

    I was saying stuff for ingredients only NPC's sell.

    Base Potions. Ingredients for food. Song scrolls. Scrolls for Tailoring/Blacksmithing.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,060
    Posts: 2,533
    Member
    I disagree, we need the gold sink. Especially Mari.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,900
    Posts: 2,759
    Member
    edited March 27, 2018
    YangKoete wrote: »
    YangKoete wrote: »
    YangKoete wrote: »
    Well, there's still a MAJOUR thing that you do already for a fee; REPAIR.

    Seriously, how much money do ya spend to repair an accessory or Celtic weapon?

    Not much if you don't use them. I don't run into many content where such things are feasible in amount to their repair. Many players like myself carry fomor weapons and cardinal blades for this reason. If we can do content just as easily with lower tier weapons, then we will, if but to save gold.

    There's still people who use them.

    Besides; Another big thing that is a minor "fee"? Consumables. Potions, Food, Enchants, Gem Ups, etc.

    Food is mostly just for buffs, but still.

    If we could do them just as easily, we wouldn't need any of those, and you forget. We normally get those in the player economy, not from NPCs.

    (Which is the basis of such. The point you pose before with repairs was that the gold was taken out and essentially destroyed as well.)

    I was saying stuff for ingredients only NPC's sell.

    Base Potions. Ingredients for food. Song scrolls. Scrolls for Tailoring/Blacksmithing.

    Those are mainly optional, and don't offer as much as a heavy, scaling price as percentage fees. (Optional here meaning that they are far less integral than the usage of the bank itself)

    To which yes, I am saying how expensive the fees can be is a good thing. Why? it likely takes the most gold out, for one, but it depends mainly on how much gold one has or wishes to transfer. These things are more imposing on wealthier, stronger players for a reason. Wealth and strength are interlinked. Hence why stronger weapons have higher fees. Why accessories have such exorbitant fees. Those two things aren't generally used by newer players.

    And for this reason, it is why 99% of content hardly benefits from those things. Because 99% of the content is available to near everyone or requires rudimentary equipment and not much else. The other 1% is difficult enough to where it becomes viable to use a Celtic Howling, Equip Accessories, or otherwise.

    With percentage based fees, it goes straight for the jugular. The closest that really comes to such an expense would be....Restorative Potions for Dungeon Passes? Grandmaster Certificates? *Shrugs*.

    We need gold sinks.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,835
    Posts: 790
    Member
    The bank is a business with it's own costs, including employees, security, and space. It cannot sustain itself without fees. You are free to keep your gold and items in your inv and pets to avoid these fees.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Posts: 199
    Member
    Just keep gold in inv and pets.
    Also checks bypass the fees. Sell something for 1m, as a check and you can store it until you need to buy something for 1m