[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Possible new area (And a Seal Stone?...)

ZairakZairak
Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
Posts: 83
Member
edited March 28, 2018 in General Chat
Recently, I have begun auditing the Journal in Mabinogi, to try to understand why over 50% of it seemed to be a giant mystery. I've nailed down most of it, I think (I suspect that most of it is just Nexon's error in calculating the points in the Battle Tab, but I'm not quite there yet), but one tab in particular caught my interest: The Exploration Tab.

After going through and adding in all 11 of the Seal Breaker Journal entries, it came up to 3,570 out of 3,870 points. That means exactly 300 points not accounted for, or the amount of a single Seal Breaker entry.

At first, I thought this might be a Journal entry that was added for content we never actually got; specifically, a Seal Stone on Nekojima Island, or somehow related to it.

To try to find more information, I turned to this forum and did a Search for 'Journal', only to find this post by Arjune.
Arjune wrote: »
hAZQfse.jpg

In this screenshot, the maximum points for the Exploration tab were 3,570. I do not know when Arjune took that screenshot, but I assume it was taken for the purpose of making the thread that comment originates from.

If that's true, then it follows that, sometime between December of 2017 and March of 2018, they slipped 300 more Exploration Journal Points into the Journal.

I see two possible explanations for this.

1) We are going to get a new area soon, and it will have its own Seal Stone to break for an additional 300 Journal Points.

2) We are going to get an expansion on Exploration in general soon, and 1 or more Journal entries to go along with it.

What say you, forum? What do you think these 300 mystery points go to?

Comments

  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,905
    Posts: 602
    Member
    Makes me happy. But... If they could have the seal stones rebuilt, say every week, to give everyone a chance to get points/title, I'd be even happier.
    ZairakCrimsCarlizeSherri
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Posts: 83
    Member
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Makes me happy. But... If they could have the seal stones rebuilt, say every week, to give everyone a chance to get points/title, I'd be even happier.

    That's true enough, though I imagine there would be repercussions.

    For instance, unless they made the requirements very easy, it would disrupt Commerce greatly.

    Of course, if they made them easy, they wouldn't have much meaning or satisfaction either, just another item on the checklist.

    I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm all about completionism too, but I can't see Nexon making a nuisance for most of the players just to satisfy a niche like us.
    Twelie
  • Sephard3Sephard3
    Mabinogi Rep: 465
    Posts: 8
    Member
    You mean like having to find Maiz dungeon just because no one else cares and it's your grandmaster mission?
    TwelieZairakCrimsLiyetaSherri
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Posts: 83
    Member
    Sephard3 wrote: »
    You mean like having to find Maiz dungeon just because no one else cares and it's your grandmaster mission?

    Basically, or to make an example in Commerce, trying to do a Limited Goods run and having to figure out which obscure title you have to wear to get through this week.

    I mean, it'd be a novel thing at first, I'm sure, but after a few months, well... At least Maiz and Karu aren't literally blocking you from walking anywhere if you haven't found them.

    I guess we have moon gates and all now, but the point still stands for when you can't use those, haha.
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,235
    Posts: 7,064
    Member
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Makes me happy. But... If they could have the seal stones rebuilt, say every week, to give everyone a chance to get points/title, I'd be even happier.

    Holy... that's an excellent idea! We could have the first seal breaker title for the originals and then a subsequent seal breaker title and accomplishment for everyone else. Brilliant!
    Zairak
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,160
    Posts: 314
    Member
    Zairak wrote: »
    What say you, forum? What do you think these 300 mystery points go to?

    not really much of a mystery though the answers to it might actually come from these 2 words "Tory Ravine"
    the in accessible area in Belvast and might be available during or after the next generation quests
    since our last generation quest allowed us to access Avalon gate which looks like the pathway to Tory Ravine
    so it wont be a surprise if the next generation quests would unlock it
    so maybe this mystery wont be much of a mystery for long

    (a little correction to your grammar"What can you say about it, forum? Where do you think these 300 mystery points go to?")
    Zairak
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 43,090
    Posts: 6,263
    Member
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    Zairak wrote: »
    What say you, forum? What do you think these 300 mystery points go to?

    (a little correction to your grammar"What can you say about it, forum? Where do you think these 300 mystery points go to?")

    I like how you correct other people grammar while yours is not one of best as well :trollface: (mine too lol)
    ZairakTwelieSherri
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,580
    Posts: 2,733
    Member
    I hope they reference a past generation quip concerning why Tory Ravine is closed. Apparently, a corpse of something not human washed up on shore.
    Zairak
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,050
    Posts: 764
    Member
    Just return the seal stone on 1 channel every week.
    :/
    Zairak
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    Posts: 418
    Member
    I like the seal stones the way they are. It's a great part of Mabi history.
    ZairakTwelieKageito
  • LllaaazzzyLllaaazzzy
    Mabinogi Rep: 415
    Posts: 19
    Member
    Zairak wrote: »
    Recently, I have begun auditing the Journal in Mabinogi, to try to understand why over 50% of it seemed to be a giant mystery. I've nailed down most of it, I think (I suspect that most of it is just Nexon's error in calculating the points in the Battle Tab, but I'm not quite there yet), but one tab in particular caught my interest: The Exploration Tab.

    After going through and adding in all 11 of the Seal Breaker Journal entries, it came up to 3,570 out of 3,870 points. That means exactly 300 points not accounted for, or the amount of a single Seal Breaker entry.

    At first, I thought this might be a Journal entry that was added for content we never actually got; specifically, a Seal Stone on Nekojima Island, or somehow related to it.

    To try to find more information, I turned to this forum and did a Search for 'Journal', only to find this post by Arjune.
    Arjune wrote: »
    hAZQfse.jpg

    In this screenshot, the maximum points for the Exploration tab were 3,570. I do not know when Arjune took that screenshot, but I assume it was taken for the purpose of making the thread that comment originates from.

    If that's true, then it follows that, sometime between December of 2017 and March of 2018, they slipped 300 more Exploration Journal Points into the Journal.

    I see two possible explanations for this.

    1) We are going to get a new area soon, and it will have its own Seal Stone to break for an additional 300 Journal Points.

    2) We are going to get an expansion on Exploration in general soon, and 1 or more Journal entries to go along with it.

    What say you, forum? What do you think these 300 mystery points go to?

    or you know its just a place holder
    Zairak
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Posts: 83
    Member
    Lllaaazzzy wrote: »
    or you know its just a place holder

    That was the implication, yes; they added in an invisible Journal entry (or entries) until such time as they add the associated content.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    Posts: 213
    Member
    edited April 4, 2018
    @Blissfulkill If you talk to everyone on Belvast - sometimes multiple times - it quickly becomes clear that Tory Ravine is where most of the Island's Fomor population lives, and Admiral Owens has declared it off limits to everyone else in order to help keep the peace between the Fomors and the Humans/Elves/Giants. But yes, the place was sealed off after what appeared to be a dead Imp/Goblin initially washed up there (with the implications being that a Human likely killed the Fomor, since a mysterious man - dressed in black robes - said they'd soon find a body before it was found).

    Of course, it seems the long-running restrictions - placed by Admiral Own - have no rules against Tory Ravine's Fomors visiting Belvast.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,580
    Posts: 2,733
    Member
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    @Blissfulkill If you talk to everyone on Belvast - sometimes multiple times - it quickly becomes clear that Tory Ravine is where most of the Island's Fomor population lives, and Admiral Owens has declared it off limits to everyone else in order to help keep the peace between the Fomors and the Humans/Elves/Giants. But yes, the place was sealed off after what appeared to be a dead Imp/Goblin initially washed up there (with the implications being that a Human likely killed the Fomor, since a mysterious man - dressed in black robes - said they'd soon find a body before it was found).

    Of course, it seems the restriction - placed by Admiral Own - is in one direction exclusively.

    I believe it used to a tourist hotspot, till a body washed up, which apparently had adverse effects on the environment.

    To which I also lament the end of the Ascon-Videk Quest Chain, which concerns Videk fleeing to Belfast with his goods after marrying Ascon's sister I believe. I found the quest chain to be simply interesting, and like to see it continue, among other things to do with Belfast. In particular, I like a revamp of forest purification.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,580
    Posts: 2,733
    Member
    Fascinatingly enough, parts of the Isles have walls meant to separate Irish Nationals And Protestants Loyalist.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_lines