Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Elf archery misses too much without vision of lade

RaichiiRaichii
Mabinogi Rep: 720
in Feedback and Suggestions
I have gotten to a point I don't want to use archery as an elf unless vision is off cooldown. I noticed it the most in dan 3 magnum shot that elves miss just way too much. You can stand on top of a target aim to 90%, miss, try again, miss then end up smashing your monitor with your fist that you thought would have also missed. I Livestream this game a lot which means I have video proof of such misses. Either get rid of archery misses altogether and all elves can happily shutup about final hit and 200k giant smashes. All races are op. But missing shots just makes people log off. Goes for human archer too. With these new skills like chain where you can do 25k crits without cooldown with stock standard chain blades. Who cares if archery gets a buff. The game is old and most of the people left are people who love the game. If archery does get that much needed fix I'm sure a lot of people would complain and in that case all I say is take up archery then? I would even be happy with misses if the next few shots are guaranteed. Although if you put dan 3 ranged attack with 1500+ Dex and convert that into a doctor's degree with 10years experience would you expect that doctor to slip up and miss during surgeries at a rate higher than 60%. Food for thought.
Pepper
    No results for this poll

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Raichii wrote: »
    I have gotten to a point I don't want to use archery as an elf unless vision is off cooldown. I noticed it the most in dan 3 magnum shot that elves miss just way too much. You can stand on top of a target aim to 90%, miss, try again, miss then end up smashing your monitor with your fist that you thought would have also missed. I Livestream this game a lot which means I have video proof of such misses. Either get rid of archery misses altogether and all elves can happily shutup about final hit and 200k giant smashes. All races are op. But missing shots just makes people log off. Goes for human archer too. With these new skills like chain where you can do 25k crits without cooldown with stock standard chain blades. Who cares if archery gets a buff. The game is old and most of the people left are people who love the game. If archery does get that much needed fix I'm sure a lot of people would complain and in that case all I say is take up archery then? I would even be happy with misses if the next few shots are guaranteed. Although if you put dan 3 ranged attack with 1500+ Dex and convert that into a doctor's degree with 10years experience would you expect that doctor to slip up and miss during surgeries at a rate higher than 60%. Food for thought.

Making archery not miss would be INSANE. Some things to note, magnum is fired at range, without animation lock doesn't require building a resource AND shoots nearly twice as quick AND chain blades can't get penetration bonuses either.

No I don't think smash is op, nor do I think final hit is the end all be all. Sure it's nice to push a button and drool on yourself and just mindlessly kill things but...

Your comparison is also off too, a surgery is done very slowly with a room full of people assisting you, and mechanical assistance as well not in the middle of combat while things are trying to hit you and you're moving while aiming. I'm pretty sure even competitive archers IRL would have pretty skewed aim if they were trying not to get killed and aim.

Since you claim to have proof why didn't you link it already?
  • RaichiiRaichii
    Yes but as I stated, you can stand on top of a target that isn't moving and miss a high aimed shot followed by another miss that gets you hit. The way monsters run at you sometimes you need to take the shot at the last possible second which may only be 60-80% and miss that shot also which makes you wonder why you even took the shot. If you took all shots at 80%+, you miss more than you hit average. I put the doctor comparison in because there isn't better range than dan 3 ranged attack (experienced wise). Why would a dan 3 experienced archer miss at the same rate as someone just equipping the bow. An experienced anything is bound to be better than a first timer. Fair enough making no miss would change the whole aim process and everyone would shoot at 0% but I'm sure there is something else you can do to minimise the amount of misses. The game is designed for Koreans connection. I'm sure you have seen them play, not many NA players can play at the pace they do which means koreans obviously don't miss as much. I'm also posting from my phone so I'll look into getting a video for you which includes commentary of miss callouts and anger. I think archery is perfect with vision of ladeca active. That being a passive which it almost is for 25k+ players would fix this issue. When people say elves are the most op currently. Yes. Only while vision is active. Without it, it's just a missfest and it makes you question why you even play the game.. i am basically saying with how dead most servers are coming and how old this game is getting. Why would anyone complain about buffs in any sense to the game. So what if archers become so good they solo stuff. They already do. Now they solo stuff without feeling annoyed. I don't care that humans final hit for 16k crits for a whole shadow mission (thanks reforges) cause it means easy carries. But this game is made up of mostly humans. Humans get annoyed when they see an elf take all the kills while they try to final hit which immediately makes them unhappy because final hit is what it is. (Final hit is an example and you can buff it for all I care) (I just don't want to miss so much) buff giants smash buff melee buff alchemy whatever. For my enjoyment with archer I don't want to miss. Stop seeing it from a perspective we can't do that because elves will be superior. Who cares? Play to enjoy it. If an elf is stronger than you as a human or giant, Why you mad? How does it upset your gameplay?
    Damn this is long. To put it easy I don't care who is the strongest race. I don't care who has the most op skills. I just don't want to be annoyed by a huge flaw in such an amazing talent
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    All this long rant...
    But no Shot of God
  • RaichiiRaichii
    Opalthira wrote: »
    All this long rant...
    But no Shot of God

What even is Shot of God though. My understanding of it is out of range spam the misses until 1 shot hits via luck. I don't see any YouTube videos stating otherwise. You are welcome to link this Shot of God in action whereas no shots would miss because it's a god shot. Thanks
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Raichii wrote: »
    What even is Shot of God though. My understanding of it is out of range spam the misses until 1 shot hits via luck. I don't see any YouTube videos stating otherwise. You are welcome to link this Shot of God in action whereas no shots would miss because it's a god shot. Thanks

shot of god is when you release the arrow at a certain frame in the animation where it never misses
    it was something like.. you release at the very moment the arm pulls back to its furthest point before switching into the 'holding aim' animation
    so if you do it right you can land hits out of range and/or at 0% aim

idk if the frame actually exists or is just a random glitch that happens sometimes
    but i practised it and was able to do it back in 2014 lol
    i could never do it consistently though because my timing is very bad and i live in new zealand so the delay is also very bad
    Jazmyn
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited March 31, 2018
    I agree they need to put archery back to no missing. Its not fair that all the other skills don t miss. I started playing this game so I could be an archer and I ve just about quit playing a few times because of not being able to use my archery and compete with other skills before everything in the room is dead even before I get a shot or miss altogether. Ive shot at a target 15 times and missed thats ridiculous But I ve been complaining for 6 years yeas they don t care about there players. They have not fixed the raft displacement either for 6 years. You can t even go rafting with your bow anymore with the cooldown you pass everything bye. So with this problem you can t do a good job rafting to get poison herbs. the poison herbs don t re spawn in the caves and the amount you get at Shyllien reserve is very minimal and doesn t help you when your doing herbalism there are a ton of things that need to be fixed And ti would be nice to fix synthesizing It takes way to long to put in 1000 herbs to synthesize poison herbs