Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why did you turn on the servers on early

Comments

• ZetophiZetophi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,425
    And then we have to contend with this Ridiculous lag.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited March 29, 2018
    "takes the time to do all this stuff for all their alts, then they deserve all those chances at the instant prizes."
    literally the worst statement in Gacha and lottery industry

say, a lottery company give 3 tries to each customer to try the lottery machine, one of them try to make fake several identities and get several more tries to get better chance to get the prize of lottery, if the other customer heard about this, there would be an outrage

it is no longer about lucky winner, it is about cheating the mechanic, not effort
    GretaTwelie
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I spent 300+ coins, I got one plat hammer. tons of full recoveries, 103 anniversary boxes(Only got one HS item, rest was junk) and tons of prof hammers I have nothing to use on.

I had 3 mabicoins left so I said "Eh might as well suffer some more and get the box from coin shop"
    and I get the Romantic Rose Dress.

So I think I am done with this event now.
    BlissfulkillSherriKokoro
  • LunarZeroLunarZero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    I dunno how many times I've rolled, but I've never seen anything higher than a 4 the whole event. Last time the Festia instant prize event was around, I at least got a 3, which IIRC was a 5m check. I'm not asking to get the grand prize, but at least give me something slightly better than potion gift boxes or full restore pots. I just rolled 150~ of them today.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    At least you got a HS item... I got NOTHING after wasting all the coins. All i have from anniversary event is 11x11 bag and... Dai balloon. GG.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Greta wrote: »
    At least you got a HS item... I got NOTHING after wasting all the coins. All i have from anniversary event is 11x11 bag and... Dai balloon. GG.

Only good things I've gotten were balloons too. That and I guess Romantic SHOES. Sigh. s>romantic rose heels/boots (male and female) server Mari
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Hazurah wrote: »
    "takes the time to do all this stuff for all their alts, then they deserve all those chances at the instant prizes."

say, a lottery company give 3 tries to each customer to try the lottery machine, one of them try to make fake several identities and get several more tries to get better chance to get the prize of lottery, if the other customer heard about this, there would be an outrage

it is no longer about lucky winner, it is about cheating the mechanic, not effort

I stand behind my statement that effort should equal instant prize coins, without limit. (Just like a real life lottery where you can buy as many tickets as you want) I also think there should be no "free" instant prize coins just for existing or idling. The abuse and cheating starts with alts and bots getting instant prize coins just for standing around. Every spin on that wheel should cost someone, somewhere, 5 minutes of their life.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited March 31, 2018

I stand behind my statement that effort should equal instant prize coins, without limit....

IN AN EVENT THAT REQUIRES EFFORT IN THE FIRST PLACE
    NOT LUCK
    might as well says coming to lottery itself and waiting in queue are efforts (are not)
    if the instant prize coupon require you to fight, or play games, or looking for artifact running certain dungeon, then yes you spend effort to do those
    every spin on that wheel would only cost 10 seconds at least
    the most thing that differentiate real life lottery and this instant prize is the fact that this one IS TOTALLY FREE IN FREE TO PLAY GAME WITH NO RESTRICTION WHATSOEVER
    hence the reason why i use above example of Trial tries for customer
  • papatuluspapatulus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    eh, I like the prizes. Proficiency hammers mean now all of my stuff is gem upgraded, and instapotions are pretty handy too.

Then again I'm a 'newbie' so I guess I'm not supposed to be able to enjoy this event?
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 31, 2018
    papatulus wrote: »
    eh, I like the prizes. Proficiency hammers mean now all of my stuff is gem upgraded, and instapotions are pretty handy too.

Then again I'm a 'newbie' so I guess I'm not supposed to be able to enjoy this event?

Don't know how about you, but i'm out of useful weapons i can prof after this event. After getting like 100+ hammers obviously people will be fed up with this reward. Full recovery potions can be obtained in few areas in permanent content... So yeah... Not one of best rewards as well.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited March 31, 2018
    the drop rates for the prize boxes are horrible. spend around 20 Festia coins and only get maybe 5 or 6 boxes with a extremely low drop rate for totem and 3 homestead props. now I am hoping to win a few of the durability hammers before the event ends, the enchant helper fried the durability on my fleet feet. proficiency hammers helped quickly upgrade my chain blades and staffs so they are nice but getting tired of them now.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Negumiko wrote: »
    the drop rates for the prize boxes are horrible. spend around 20 Festia coins and only get maybe 5 or 6 boxes with a extremely low drop rate for totem and 3 homestead props. now I am hoping to win a few of the durability hammers before the event ends, the enchant helper fried the durability on my fleet feet. proficiency hammers helped quickly upgrade my chain blades and staffs so they are nice but getting tired of them now.

I guess it isn't too bad. I got my chain blade to step 4 red upgrade stones and I'm making some spirit weapon repairs.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited March 31, 2018
    Full Recovery Potions would be great if you could store them on pets. That is the one flaw that made them trash to me. Can't just leave 200+ full recovery potions in your inventory.

At least they don't have a timer.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited April 2, 2018
    IN AN EVENT THAT REQUIRES EFFORT IN THE FIRST PLACE
    NOT LUCK
    might as well says coming to lottery itself and waiting in queue are efforts (are not)
    if the instant prize coupon require you to fight, or play games, or looking for artifact running certain dungeon, then yes you spend effort to do those
    every spin on that wheel would only cost 10 seconds at least
    the most thing that differentiate real life lottery and this instant prize is the fact that this one IS TOTALLY FREE IN FREE TO PLAY GAME WITH NO RESTRICTION WHATSOEVER
    hence the reason why i use above example of Trial tries for customer

calm down and read my post, we both want the same thing. effort = stuff.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Sai wrote: »
    Full Recovery Potions would be great if you could store them on pets. That is the one flaw that made them trash to me. Can't just leave 200+ full recovery potions in your inventory.

At least they don't have a timer.

Bank them. I have at least 1 bank tab full lol
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 4, 2018
    So yeah... Bought from NPC like ~20 more boxes with coins which i collected for few days and guess what? This time i got Caswyn and Kanna balloons and a freaking Romantic Rose Wig and Crown... MALE... Smh Nexon, why you always give me male crap???? Last time i opened like 50 or so boxes and got only Dai balloon and now this... lol.

P.S: Alexina is already out of gold prizes for wings.