[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Multi-clienters ruining/abusing events

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 6,280
edited March 31, 2018 in General Chat
Ever since the release of the Chain Blade instant prize events, people have been making hundreds of alternate accounts to absorb prizes from events. Prizes include all of the 1st and 2nd place Festia instant prize rewards from both the Coin and Gold draws such as wings, gold prizes, and other good items. Other events include hot-days with trade enabled items that ensure maximized rewards such as enchant potions, rebirth potions, forgetful potions, among other premium items.

These players are amassing hundreds alternate accounts just for these events, but nothing is done about them at all. These events are becoming a hand-out to the players who are always cheating to get to the top, and they profit off of every bit of it.

In the past, with the Hamlet delegation event, these players were dealt with, and banned for abusing these events along with all of their alternate accounts, but this time they're getting off free without any form of sanction.

Please do something about this.
GretaLiyetaKageitoTwelieIyasenuRheySparkleFairyMangoFishSherriBrawlynBuffalosand 6 others.

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,280
    edited March 31, 2018
    Simple solution, make event items untradable. I really wouldn't mind actually.
    MaiaGembipawcalypseAlchemistjkKrissyPootelImaizumiSherri
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,940
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Simple solution, make event items untradable. I really wouldn't mind actually.

Not really a good solution. Reforge service and enchant protection service is a common thing in game.

Hardmuscle
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,705
    I wouldn't mind untradable rewards either. Then I could drop it rather than hoard for later resale. It would be a relief.
    MaiaBlissfulkillpawcalypseTairikuImaizumi
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,610
    I'll admit it was quite amusing that the festia tier 1 jackpot was capped a few hrs after it went live for week 4 on Mari. Most likely alts used 2 hoard coins were by seasoned players who planned the odds in their favors than sum lucky newb or casual player winning it by sheer chance. I'd like to see a publishing of who won the tier 1 jackpots just to have an idea if its by an alt or a legit main. :s
    SparkleFairyMangoFishJazmynoffwithyourheadsSherri
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,650
    edited April 1, 2018
    I would completely hate to have event items untradeable because me and my fiancee share everything. If we get items we don't want, we give them to eachother/sell them/ give them to friends. Making event items untradeable ruins the idea of doing events with loved ones/friends.
    RheySparkleFairyMangoFishJazmynTwelieSphyra21KaiwythJayy124offwithyourheadsTsumikkiFinityand 3 others.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,280
    edited April 1, 2018
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I would completely hate to have event items untradeable because me and my fiancee share everything. If we get items we don't want, we give them to eachother/sell them/ give them to friends. Making event items untradeable ruins the idea of doing events with loved ones/friends.

When something is abused and exploited on a huge scale, it has to be fixed. As unfortunate as it is, these players will continue to abuse these events regardless until something is done about it, essentially ruining for everyone anyways.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,265
    Oh, the Hamlet Delegation Event...

Was so badly abused, they ended the event early.
    That was super lame.

I agree, something's gotta change.
    Multi-accounters have a clear advantage over players who only have one account, especially if those multi-accounters are also multi-clienters.
    And this is not just with event rewards, either.
  • QuickRantQuickRant
    Mabinogi Rep: 230
    Multi-clienting is rampant on ruairi, so much so that there's at least two guilds with nothing but alts for events. There was specifically a person with about 10+ alts that had the same name grouped up by the gotya area and I believe they actually ended up banning them? So much good it did when the person just created or ended up using other alts and spreading them in different channels. It sucks seeing people blatantly abuse it with no regard for consequences and they don't even try to hide it. It makes other people think they can do so as well which makes it even more widespread. The same people multi clienting are usually real world traders as well, so they end up making real money off the events. It would help if they actually warned the player themselves once or twice before banning them completely, instead of just a ban for the alts and not the person's main. That doesn't really help. It's a cycle that will never end unless nexon does something about it.

Irrelevant to the thread but I would bet that there isn't even 10,000 ACTUAL players in this game even at peak hours. Have to boost up player count somehow right?
    JazmynVaughanAlchemistjk
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    edited April 1, 2018
    Account creation should require SSN.
    MIIUTHICCthighssavelives
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    Pan wrote: »

Should I remind you that there are non American players too ?
    WolfandWolfRheySparkleFairyMangoFishHardmuscleMizukiHayamaJazmynCarlizeJiantoSherriTwelieand 10 others.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,940
    Or do something like valve and make machine learning cheater detection tool.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,610
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

Especially if U miss an event. It's great 2 be able to grab the extra leftovers from other peeps. If we're gunna impose more restrictions I'd say make it more progress related liek talent/TTL/CL...etc.
    SparkleFairyMangoFish
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,740
    edited April 1, 2018
    While I can't say it doesn't bother me to see "Player001", "Player002", "Player003", "Player004", "Player005", and "Player006" all doing something together; I do understand it's not all being done on a single machine. ~ Unless you want Nexon to limit us to one connection per household; this will never change.

Amassing alts for events isn't new either. It's been happening since the game was first released, and they have taken steps to curb it, but those steps almost always lead to other problems (innocent people being banned for suspicion of things they were not guilty of). Too many holes.

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,290
    Untradable prizes would probably be best. Honestly the best prizes I've won are probably untradable ones anyway lol
    HardmuscleGretaRadiant DawnSherri
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited April 1, 2018
    Untradeable prizes is one avenue ..., but .. we can't make everything non-trade and there's downsides to that logic too (consider those who don't exploit this for gold and play for only themselves..; they do exist). -- Mabinogi's Market needs a regulator (like Atlantica); a way to limit the value of certain items when sold. (so they can't be sold for more than they are actually worth) -- but not for everything. -- --
    Pan wrote: »
    No it should not.. -- Identification perhaps (State ID or License Number), but not our SSN (not unless they plan to pay us a wage).
    The best (most effective) solution is to not buy what they're selling.

GretaAlchemistjk
  • AshersAshers
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    When I was doing seal quests I used my other characters labeled like Ashbank(then a number) I think they need have safties in place for stuff like that. Other than that I agree the bots need to STOP. I dont agree with things being untradable though, me and my real brother both play and love to help each other out!
    Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited April 1, 2018
    Ashers wrote: »
    When I was doing seal quests I used my other characters labeled like Ashbank(then a number) I think they need have safties in place for stuff like that. Other than that I agree the bots need to STOP. I dont agree with things being untradable though, me and my real brother both play and love to help each other out!
    These aren't bots (this is not about bots). -- A bot is an automatic player controlled by a script. --

These are real people using more than one real computer. -- Just like you and your brother do. --

• FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,140
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Unless you want Nexon to limit us to one connection per household; this will never change.

Sadly, that would not fix anything because some households have more then one actual person that play the game at the same time.
    Hardmuscle
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,265
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    While I can't say it doesn't bother me to see "Player001", "Player002", "Player003", "Player004", "Player005", and "Player006" all doing something together; I do understand it's not all being done on a single machine. ~ Unless you want Nexon to limit us to one connection per household; this will never change.

Amassing alts for events isn't new either. It's been happening since the game was first released, and they have taken steps to curb it, but those steps almost always lead to other problems (innocent people being banned for suspicion of things they were not guilty of). Too many holes.

What do you mean by this?
    Maybe sometimes multiple machines are involved.
    But not always.

This isn't an example I've seen from NA Mabi, but I've seen some videos of KR Mabi where a player had multiple windows of Mabi open, and was "soloing" Phantasm with 3 other dummy alts.
    Then, when he finished Phantasm, he just clicked the taskbar at the bottom to switch to the other instances of Mabi to make his alts drop their keys and take all the rewards for his main.
    If you could just click into different windows from the taskbar, doesn't that mean it's one machine?

Can't imagine the computer specs to be able to run 4 separate instances of Mabi while still being able to solo Phantasm...
    And the connection to be able to react while having 4 simultaneous connections.

Well, regardless, that's probably the most aggravating use of alts, to me.
    Running dummies through content to boost rewards well beyond what any other solo player could be getting.

Sort of the same principal with running multiple accounts through events.

Other than boosting the "must be total level XXX to participate" thing to higher levels, which risks alienating newbies (though not that much, given how quickly a sub-1000 account can level), just a better investigative presence could help.

Actual GMs in-game moderating.

Hey, a ban list like MapleStory has could be neat.
    If only to show that something's happening.
    HardmuscleSherriYangKoete
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited January 28
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀