Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Coming Back To Mabi

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Animemabi wrote: »
    If this is still being talked about till this day then mabi is doomed.

Everything dies eventually. Smh.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Greta wrote: »

Except my love for an individual as pulchritudinous as yourself, Greta. ;)
  • GretaGreta

Except my love for an individual as pulchritudinous as yourself, Greta. ;)

Lies :D
  • lostheavenlostheaven
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
    edited April 1, 2018
    Multiposts have been merged. Please do not spam posts.

Thank you everyone for your comments & input. I'm glad to see that some people actually agree with me on some points.
    Leinei wrote: »
    I wish more outfits would be released in bags with perhaps idle animated versions being released in the gachas. Also, make the beauty stuff pon-based instead of coupon based (seriously, Nexon is shooting themselves in the foot with the coupon system) and update the older hairstyles so new players can have something nice to start out with. We could use an update on those textures of those old outfits/armors from days gone by as well.

The funny thing is I would have assumed that Nexon would make more money off of shopping bags than gachas anyways. 1,000 players paying $10.00 for a guaranteed outfit over a few hundred spending a hundred dollars on a gacha would make more sense. But I guess it really depends on how many players really do buy the gacha & how much the average player spends.
    I think I remember hearing about a thread where Homestead houses will be acting like the housing channel ones in the future.

That would be amazing, but I really can't see Nexon giving up the money that they make from the housing service. There would probably be some kind of service charge for Homestead housing.
    Rank 1 reforged X-Grade equipment.

Where once was a focus of Mabinogi as both a work of creativity and a commercial product, now favours it's money making potential and less of it as a game.

Reforges are what killed the game. So many original players quit the game when reforges came out.

Someguywashere
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    lostheaven wrote: »
    Multiposts have been merged. Please do not spam posts.

Thank you everyone for your comments & input. I'm glad to see that some people actually agree with me on some points.
    I wish more outfits would be released in bags with perhaps idle animated versions being released in the gachas. Also, make the beauty stuff pon-based instead of coupon based (seriously, Nexon is shooting themselves in the foot with the coupon system) and update the older hairstyles so new players can have something nice to start out with. We could use an update on those textures of those old outfits/armors from days gone by as well.

The funny thing is I would have assumed that Nexon would make more money off of shopping bags than gachas anyways. 1,000 players paying $10.00 for a guaranteed outfit over a few hundred spending a hundred dollars on a gacha would make more sense. But I guess it really depends on how many players really do buy the gacha & how much the average player spends.
    I think I remember hearing about a thread where Homestead houses will be acting like the housing channel ones in the future.

That would be amazing, but I really can't see Nexon giving up the money that they make from the housing service. There would probably be some kind of service charge for Homestead housing.
    Rank 1 reforged X-Grade equipment.

Where once was a focus of Mabinogi as both a work of creativity and a commercial product, now favours it's money making potential and less of it as a game.

Reforges are what killed the game. So many original players quit the game when reforges came out.

The thing with gacha's (that I've probably said 100 times by now) is no where near 1000 people are buying the outfit bags at $10 I honestly doubt even 200 are. They make money off of the financially well off players. I know at least 5 people that blow $500+ on every gacha there's some that spend even more. Outfit bags would need to be like $150 each or more to even come close to gacha sales, assuming the same number of people bought bags.

And for your last point, I'd also say that's false. At least from what I experienced in Ruairi near that time sure a few people left but most stayed. Also mabi on steam charts has more players now than it did when reforges came out so...
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Well...powercreeps in a game is a lucrative buisness. Hence nothing is balanced in game anymore to the point we still have a unbalance risk vs reward system. No one really runs anything anymore yet everybody and thier grandma can easily own a majority of the "Coveted" meta_equips that gacha nowadays shells out. While being self_conscience of these facts I'm not gunna riot over it. Since it saved me years of progress time from all of this as well. Just my 2 cents.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    The only end game is mabi is to get the highest end game gear possible or fashion.
    Not to say the game is unplayable with out that gear.
    However using the gear is basically no different than playing a phone game.

People on average have to spend 300 dollars to get an outfit with the idle animation per gacha.
    Thats per person. There are 4 servers within 4 of those servers there are over 100 players buying gacha.
    Thats 30,000 dollars per gacha compared to 10,000 off of outfit bags.
    You want outfit bags they need to be first off NEW and cost you 50-100 dollars per outfit bag.
    judging how people want the new outfits with idles, Idle outfit bags would need to cost 100+ dollars,
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    Mabi is one of the best games ever. But I do have some friends that have quit because they couldn t do some of the generations. They have trouble with Girg I This would have been a good one to have a Royal Alchemist help you and the one spot with the Shamala fighting the big lion. You freeze when you use the one skill and if you have any lag you can t do it. So it should be either fixed or taken out. And like I said people have quit the game because of these 2 things
  • lostheavenlostheaven
    edited April 6, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    The thing with gacha's (that I've probably said 100 times by now) is no where near 1000 people are buying the outfit bags at $10 I honestly doubt even 200 are. They make money off of the financially well off players. I know at least 5 people that blow $500+ on every gacha there's some that spend even more. Outfit bags would need to be like $150 each or more to even come close to gacha sales, assuming the same number of people bought bags.
    Opalthira wrote: »
    The only end game is mabi is to get the highest end game gear possible or fashion.

People on average have to spend 300 dollars to get an outfit with the idle animation per gacha.
    Thats per person. There are 4 servers within 4 of those servers there are over 100 players buying gacha.
    You want outfit bags they need to be first off NEW and cost you 50-100 dollars per outfit bag.
    judging how people want the new outfits with idles, Idle outfit bags would need to cost 100+ dollars,

So what you're both saying is that the "average" player spends $300 - $500 every month on this game? How is that even possible?

• lostheavenlostheaven
    Pepper wrote: »
    Mabi is one of the best games ever. But I do have some friends that have quit because they couldn t do some of the generations. They have trouble with Girg I This would have been a good one to have a Royal Alchemist help you and the one spot with the Shamala fighting the big lion. You freeze when you use the one skill and if you have any lag you can t do it. So it should be either fixed or taken out. And like I said people have quit the game because of these 2 things

I still can't do the snowfield pursuit part of Saga II. Much too laggy. x.x
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595

So what you're both saying is that the "average" player spends $300 - $500 every month on this game? How is that even possible?

No that is not what they're saying. They're saying people who want to get the idle animated outfits have to spend on average $300 - $500 on a new gacha and that outfit bags, even if purchased once by the average player who doesn't spend $300 - $500 on gacha, aren't going to get Mabi the same cash as gacha does.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

Did you actually read my post, or just skim through it?
    GretaBlissfulkill
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 8, 2018

I have no words to describe this lack of reading comprehension I myself am failing to understand. I apologize if I am insulting, but I just do not trust people with the default Nao Avatar to be, well...Moving on.

Opalthira was referring to rates, by using the average amount of currency in USD one needs to spend in order to procure the rarest drops of any one gachapon, and then comparing the expected revenue of gachapons to the expected profit of shopping bags.

To clarify the example, Gachapons rates as Opalthira and Hellkaizer posited are as followed

-$300 for an optimal chance of acquiring said habiliments * The 100 players who would actually spend enough to do so, and who consistently do so= $30,000

-$10 for a shopping bag containing saids outfits * 200 or 500 or 1000 players who would buy it= $2,000,$5,000, or $10,000, respectively.
    GretaHellkaizer
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    While I wasn't here from the start and only have been playing for about 2 months it's a shame the gacha situation got to the point of almost "pay to win" I'm also a bit annoyed at Nexon's approach to "sales" on the store I'd happily pay for more inventory space if it wasn't temporary and I'd happily pay for old cosmetics such as the tails and ears from 2015(?) or whatever but I can't as they seem to put all this effort into making cosmetics to delete them after a few months.
    As for gameplay selling training potions left and right is abysmal and directly goes against what makes the game unique "Jack of all trades master of all" if you give enough time and some rebirthing. Shame it seems you can only get top tier reforges with RNG payment and it doesn't seem that damage vs armor does terribly much unless you can get gear with 20 defense 15 protection or something as several mobs can gank you to death with projectile spam and a melee fighter from my limited experience.
  • WolfpheWolfphe
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    I've only just come back recently, and to be honest I'm really here for the nostalgia.
  • YianKutKuYianKutKu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited April 18, 2018
    I've been playing since 2009. I still play off and on (mostly due to sunk cost fallacy), but one thing my friends and I love about Mabi is the Transformation skill. It gave us incentives to go out our comfort zones to collect certain forms.

It's rare that a game will let you have (semi) permanent cosmetic transformations, especially as in-depth as Mabi's where you can be almost any monster/NPC in the game with a little time and effort (or money if you're after the NPC's > .>;).

Honestly, if the other games I play adopted this kind of system, I wouldn't have stuck around as long as this. I just kind of like the roleplay aspect of Transformation Mastery. Plus it's fun to go through a dungeon as Glas Ghaibhleann.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Liyeta wrote: »
    I just wish that mabi team actually clean up the game so that it is at least okay to play as a new player.

Outdated graphics
    Toxic player base
    Bots…lots of bots.

Mabi reeks the smell of dead mmo. No one want to invest their time and money on mmo like that.

I mean, runescape is doing just fine and it's way worse in all of those categories.

Even the MMO giant WoW has all of those problems too.
    Greta
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    One of the things I miss about other mmorpgs is the ability to chat worldwide, or at least citywide. Mabinogi feels a bit lonely and cut off, even though you're in a sea of people. The party/market advertisements clogging up the main chat log doesn't help.
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 19, 2018
    I just wish that mabi team actually clean up the game so that it is at least okay to play as a new player.

Outdated graphics
    Toxic player base
    Bots…lots of bots.

Mabi reeks the smell of dead mmo. No one want to invest their time and money on mmo like that.

I mean, runescape is doing just fine and it's way worse in all of those categories.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Nothing else to say. Don't understand how people can deal with company like Jagex, they have been a bit too scummy lately. Especially when it comes to Deadman Tournament.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

Outdated graphics
    Toxic player base
    Bots…lots of bots.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Nothing else to say. Don't understand how people can deal with company like Jagex, they have been a bit too scummy lately. Especially when it comes to Deadman Tournament.

You mean

Jagex gives 10k to well known DDOSers and cheaters while simultaneously managing to make huge mistakes on their end every time.

Last DDM over 100 people disconnected at the start of the tournament, they ignored it entirely because apparently making a back up copy at the start of a tourny worth $10k is too hard.

Or how about the increase in membership costs and failed promise on top of failed promise.

RS has way more issues than mabi.

Greta