Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Multi-clienters ruining/abusing events

Comments

• SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited April 1, 2018
    What is the point? The wings have been taken for the people that abuse multi accounts/client and unless you want to spend gold on it, the "best" you can afford with the Festia Insta Prize Coins is the platinum hammer which is 294/300 right now.

Devs/mods should do something and take measures about this problem in most of this kind of events

Maybe next time just give everything to the NPC "Dero" or something and don't limit the prizes like this.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Limited prizes and sales are disgusting...
    SherriSheenaYangKoeteZeo
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Greta wrote: »
    Limited prizes and sales are disgusting...

I agree, but I bet people who use alts would only say that we are 'butthurt' we didn't win anything good.
    SheenaYangKoete
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    edited April 1, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    idk why people are even surprised that the festia wings were gone within an hour.... most players (like me) had over 300 coins saved up to throw at that machine the instant the servers went up. and most payers (like me) walked away with something like 100 gift boxes and 70 prof hammers and 100-some full recovery pots. Obviously the 3 lucky people would eventually win the wings they had saved their coins 3 weeks for. You should not be surprised AT ALL that they were gone so fast, and you can't just make up some bullcrap about 'hundreds of alts' just because they were gone so fast. Hell, the gold prize festia wings are STILL at 0/2 in Mari so these hundreds of alts aren't trying very hard are they? :P Conspiracy Theory, much? I feel like I just read a thread by the Alex Jones of Mabinogi XD

Too much effort to transfer money to alts
    -comment removed-
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    idk why people are even surprised that the festia wings were gone within an hour.... most players (like me) had over 300 coins saved up to throw at that machine the instant the servers went up. and most payers (like me) walked away with something like 100 gift boxes and 70 prof hammers and 100-some full recovery pots. Obviously the 3 lucky people would eventually win the wings they had saved their coins 3 weeks for. You should not be surprised AT ALL that they were gone so fast, and you can't just make up some bullcrap about 'hundreds of alts' just because they were gone so fast. Hell, the gold prize festia wings are STILL at 0/2 in Mari so these hundreds of alts aren't trying very hard are they? :P Conspiracy Theory, much? I feel like I just read a thread by the Alex Jones of Mabinogi XD

At this point it's just FUD. Even in alexina almost all the gold rewards are still up. I had ~200 coins myself saved and blew them all as soon as the servers came up. I don't think anyone would bother putting in the effort of making the claimed 100 alts for a set of festia wings.

Also for the dungeon thing, AAHM is pointless to run unless you have 4 people. I do think this should be changed.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited April 1, 2018

The servers went up early before mentioned when they would be up.
    Within 5 minutes all the wings were gone on Alexina.

What they should have done was increase the coins needed amount and made it more difficult to farm for them.
    Like the Chain slasher event. It was actually possible to get the teir 3 prize in that event yet this one only gives recovery pots...
    That would have made it actually rewarding to do this event. i spent like 1000+ coins in a month and got 0 plat hammers, 0 music boxes, 0 wings.
    And like 2 HS items... The drop rates for this event were absolute bs the fact that the wings were gone in 5 mins mean theres mean there were far too many people exploiting this event.

All the prizes should be untradable everything else is already untradable in the coin machine its only fair that everything else be locked too.
    I could care less about the people want to trade the items to their friends cause the chance of them ever getting one of these items and trading them to friends is just a bs arguement to begin with. No one would ever give away one of kind wings that give the equivalent of "p2w" wings.
    As for the Music box there is already like 4 different kinds of these music boxes. All they needed to do would be increase the drop rate for them anyway. Since there were 120 chances for them that is a considerable amount of them and i would say a fair amount of them per server.
    Besides if the items were increased in drop rates and untradable it would make more people happy than unhappy.
    But i have no doubt in my mind there are gonna be people who dont agree with me simply because they value their opinions over my own.
    so its whatever.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Just gonna add that alt abusers know just how far they can push things (multiple accounts on one connection, multiboxing,etc) before actually getting caught. People suggesting new limits on those grounds won't accomplish anything at this point. Make things untradable or not worth it for the """end game crowd""" and all these eventchar#### characters will cease to exist.
    This has gotten to a point where any attempts to be fair to the general population will fail to stop the rotten from doing this. Nip it off at the bud like you guys did with Hamlet, Nexon.
    OpalthiraVaughan
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited April 1, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

At this point it's just FUD. Even in alexina almost all the gold rewards are still up. I had ~200 coins myself saved and blew them all as soon as the servers came up. I don't think anyone would bother putting in the effort of making the claimed 100 alts for a set of festia wings.

Also for the dungeon thing, AAHM is pointless to run unless you have 4 people. I do think this should be changed.

It's not FUD when you got people bragging about making 100~200 alts in the discord channel, showing off their 200 something rebirth potions, and showing pics of their army of alts surrounding the festia draw machine, and other npc's like the sweeper event npc.
    SherriVaughan
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited April 1, 2018
    I don't know about here in Mari but I've seen people running around with like four alts behind them. Quite a few times too.
    Froglord wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

It's not FUD when you got people bragging about making 100~200 alts in the discord channel, showing off their 200 something rebirth potions, and showing pics of their army of alts surrounding the festia draw machine, and other npc's like the sweeper event npc.

Oh lord, this is probs why one of my friends avoid people at all costs.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Inb4 everyone ignores mine and Buffalos posts cause they're right...
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I see.... sounds to me like it's just a specific server having this issue then :/ Prizes seem to be going at a decently slow rate in Mari
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Inb4 everyone ignores mine and Buffalos posts cause they're right...
    Something something if it's already perfect don't add on to it. Or people have a pre deposition to ignore me
    I see.... sounds to me like it's just a specific server having this issue then :/ Prizes seem to be going at a decently slow rate in Mari
    Abuse rate is going to be proportional to the server's population of over the edge try hards, which in turn is in proportion to the server's overall population. Alexina has this super bad, but that doesn't mean this doesn't exist in the other servers: just isn't as obvious to the normal eye.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900

What they should have done was increase the coins needed amount and made it more difficult to farm for them.
    Like the Chain slasher event. It was actually possible to get the teir 3 prize in that event yet this one only gives recovery pots...
    That would have made it actually rewarding to do this event. i spent like 1000+ coins in a month and got 0 plat hammers, 0 music boxes, 0 wings.
    And like 2 HS items... The drop rates for this event were absolute bs the fact that the wings were gone in 5 mins mean theres mean there were far too many people exploiting this event.

I think it would have been better if it made you run a shadow mission of your rank, or you could only get coins from the Thank you Note Seals (which requires you to fight monsters of a certain CP), and you can only get 10 a day. Having to run things would and increasing the amount of coins it costs (or decreasing the Thank You Note Seal drop rate) would make it sufficiently irritating enough to run multiple clients.

All the prizes should be untradable everything else is already untradable in the coin machine its only fair that everything else be locked too.
    I could care less about the people want to trade the items to their friends cause the chance of them ever getting one of these items and trading them to friends is just a bs arguement to begin with. No one would ever give away one of kind wings that give the equivalent of "p2w" wings.
    As for the Music box there is already like 4 different kinds of these music boxes. All they needed to do would be increase the drop rate for them anyway. Since there were 120 chances for them that is a considerable amount of them and i would say a fair amount of them per server.
    Besides if the items were increased in drop rates and untradable it would make more people happy than unhappy.
    But i have no doubt in my mind there are gonna be people who dont agree with me simply because they value their opinions over my own.
    so its whatever.

The TOP prizes should be untradeable. I feel like the homestead items should remain tradeable, simply because of how IRRITATINGLY HARD it is to get them. I've had to buy a couple from another player. And that's where I disagree with you; I would like the option of tradeable homestead items and for them to always remain tradeable.

But wings and music boxes and plat hammers don't really need to be tradeable.

But I don't know. Personally, I think it's kind of sour how we get obtainable wings but they're left to chance instead of hard work. Even if you upped the drop rates, you will still have people that won't be able to get them, and making them untradeable would make sure these people won't be able to buy them either. I would really prefer untradeable wings that everyone can get from working hard at an event (like the wings of light, etc, except non-expirable and non-tradeable).

That's my two cents.
    Sherri
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    i saved up nearly ALL my instant prize for the final week, which was just under 300 (it was 290 somethin' I think). Ended up with 95 prize boxes (no HS items at all TT.TT) , too many rusty hammers and full recovery pots, and 1, exactly ONE platinum hammer.

I was hopin' to at LEAST get a music box and some of the new HS items...

And why on earth would anyone want to drag around so many alts? 1 or 2 i can understand, but any more than that is kinda ridiculous.
    SherriYangKoete
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    i saved up nearly ALL my instant prize for the final week, which was just under 300 (it was 290 somethin' I think). Ended up with 95 prize boxes (no HS items at all TT.TT) , too many rusty hammers and full recovery pots, and 1, exactly ONE platinum hammer.

I was hopin' to at LEAST get a music box and some of the new HS items...

And why on earth would anyone want to drag around so many alts? 1 or 2 i can understand, but any more than that is kinda ridiculous.

I think, out of the 300 or so coins I had, I got exactly ONE red rose tile. ONE. Despite opening what had to be countless hundreds of those boxes.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira

I think it would have been better if it made you run a shadow mission of your rank, or you could only get coins from the Thank you Note Seals (which requires you to fight monsters of a certain CP), and you can only get 10 a day. Having to run things would and increasing the amount of coins it costs (or decreasing the Thank You Note Seal drop rate) would make it sufficiently irritating enough to run multiple clients.

so its whatever.

The TOP prizes should be untradeable. I feel like the homestead items should remain tradeable, simply because of how IRRITATINGLY HARD it is to get them. I've had to buy a couple from another player. And that's where I disagree with you; I would like the option of tradeable homestead items and for them to always remain tradeable.

But wings and music boxes and plat hammers don't really need to be tradeable.

But I don't know. Personally, I think it's kind of sour how we get obtainable wings but they're left to chance instead of hard work. Even if you upped the drop rates, you will still have people that won't be able to get them, and making them untradeable would make sure these people won't be able to buy them either. I would really prefer untradeable wings that everyone can get from working hard at an event (like the wings of light, etc, except non-expirable and non-tradeable).

That's my two cents.

My bad i forgot about the hs items.

Making the top prizes untradeable would make it so that there would end being more chances for the top prizes. Because if you cant trade them theres no reason to farm for them with alts.
    In turn the same amount that we already have would be more likely to go to players that play fairly.
    The worst that would happen is hs items would start getting monopolized and get a price hike.
    At this point everyone would either give up alt spamming or try really hard to get rng boxes to get something to sell.
    And with those odds we might as well consider them non-existent.

In short, make the top prizes untradeable and be done with it.
    No more people accounts spamming to get items worth millions just to sell them.
    WolfandWolf
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 2, 2018
    35 gold entries < ~400 coin entries in a single week. Of course coin entries will be out in half of hour since imagine how many player accounts get a chance to use their coins, plus players who also have alts get even more chances to win something. Meanwhile, gold entries are limited to 5 a day, wouldn't be surprised if multi-clienters don't even bother to log in and use these 5 rolls, so instead they hoarded coins for 3 weeks and got done with this event after using them all. Just stop justifying multi-clienting.
    ArjuneJazmynSherriSheenaZeo
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited April 2, 2018
    Nothing should be untradable, that's just stupid. the dressing room (and usually pets) don't allow untradable things to go into it. You think people want to fill their luxury bags / bank with untradable stuff?? and what if the event is their big chance to make a lot of gold to buy stuff they DO want?? They can't let abusers get way with ruining everything else for others. they need to find other ways to stop them. I already have a pair of white dominion wings from an old contest Sabina did that I can only keep in my bank. I'd prefer not to be stuck with 563767567 untradable items

This Festia thing is the only type of event I've heard of alts really abusing, though I heard Alexina has people abusing hot times really bad too. Don't punish all severs for Alexina's crimes. Hell I bet Conflict was nerfed because of Alexina too. I never see multi-client alts in Mari, and the one time I did it was a bunch of players in penguin robes just being funny... no abusable event was going at the time. Just someone having a joke
    Sherri
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    This Festia thing is the only type of event I've heard of alts really abusing, though I heard Alexina has people abusing hot times really bad too. Don't punish all severs for Alexina's crimes. Hell I bet Conflict was nerfed because of Alexina too. I never see multi-client alts in Mari, and the one time I did it was a bunch of players in penguin robes just being funny... no abusable event was going at the time. Just someone having a joke

They tend to hang out on the much less populated channels on our server. I see them during almost every event that requires afking or events that are just easy to get rewards from. You usually see them hiding around the event areas/event npcs, or at times afking in the Dunby bank, etc. and they still have the "Fledgling" talent title. Though Idk if they are multicliented or multiple pcs being used.

The conflict or other missions spamming was almost a daily common sighting at some point with certain players having 3 or 4 alts with almost identical names following them into shadow missions. Not sure if that still occurs though since I've been super lazy with running missions in the past 6 months.
    GretaVaughanSherriTwelieCrimsọnoffwithyourheadsYangKoete
  • ArjuneArjune
    I don't usually go on other channels so yeah they're probably just on other channels. I just don't want everything to become untradable because I already can't stand it when I have items that can't go in the dressing room... ugh...
    TwelieSherri