Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Coming back... Maybe..Why do you still play?

AnimemabiAnimemabi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
in General Chat
So i had been watching a twitch streamer for a while yesterday i go to their channel and see them playing and i go....holy i recognize this person and after a while of chatting i download mabi. After i log in i noticed some things the population has taken a massive drop and the market is well last time i was on fine reforges sold for like 200-ish each now it is like 400k.I'm wondering about everyone elses take on this is it worth getting back into and why do you still play?

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Animemabi wrote: »
    So i had been watching a twitch streamer for a while yesterday i go to their channel and see them playing and i go....holy i recognize this person and after a while of chatting i download mabi. After i log in i noticed some things the population has taken a massive drop and the market is well last time i was on fine reforges sold for like 200-ish each now it is like 400k.I'm wondering about everyone elses take on this is it worth getting back into and why do you still play?

Reforges are considered cheaper now. Not sure at what point 200k was the norm.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Maybe when bots were selling them?
    Greta
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    I took a break too, but the chain talent and expansion on baltane unit made me come back for a while. They're enjoyable.

I still love just playing freestyle jams in dunbarton. Mostly just waiting on g21 right now, but i'm taking some time to train my character again in prevision of that.

I'm just slowly reconnecting with the game, and yeah, while there's been a decline in population, you'll still find people wanting to hang out, i'm sure. There's probably content you missed on that you could catch up on as well.
  • AnimemabiAnimemabi

Reforges are considered cheaper now. Not sure at what point 200k was the norm.

i used to do a lot of merchant work before i left thats what i recall selling them for i could be wrong.
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    The things that keep me playing are:

Friends
    Already spent money on pets and other things
    Events that give free stuff
    Updates and new features
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I keep playing because well.. at almost total level 10k, I still have a lot of stuff that I can do;
    I recently completed G19 (onto G20!)
    I have talents to master still,
    I have yet to get a GM title ..cuz' I'm lazy..,
    new content will be released (story or outfit wise haha)..
    Then there is my friends. I love grouping together to play music, play mafia or just talk with each other on a particular crappy day, or just run SM's/Dungeons/Sidhe Finnachaid together if we are bored.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited March 31, 2018

Not sure at what point 200k was the norm.

About 1 or 2 years ago (on Mari at least). I started going to Belfast for the first time in ages after the Festia Instant Prize Event where they gave out 5m checks. I was super shocked to see Reforges costing more than 200k (excluding the scammers that would try to sell for 2m).
    TheNyanCat
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Not worth getting back into, no. Most of us are either delusional, pining off nostalgia, or invested so much time and crap into this game that we may as well go down with the fiery inferno and wait for the flames to be smothered. I m not saying the game can't still be enjoyable, but most likely unless you p2w hard or you're very casual (which given the sheer amount of gacha-only outfits being heavily inflated half the time might still bite you as-...buttox) you'll probably find the whole experience of improvement and gain to be more frustrating than pleasant.

and if you're a masochist well... you're in good company, I guess.
    JazmynSherri
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Liyeta wrote: »

… No its not worth it.
    There is too many cheater and irl money trades.

Also the dev don't really care about their player base which is kinda sad.

Real world trades have been a part of every mmo since well... ever. And I think some of our GMs do care there just isn't much they can do.
    Tairiku wrote: »
    Not worth getting back into, no. Most of us are either delusional, pining off nostalgia, or invested so much time and crap into this game that we may as well go down with the fiery inferno and wait for the flames to be smothered. I m not saying the game can't still be enjoyable, but most likely unless you p2w hard or you're very casual (which given the sheer amount of gacha-only outfits being heavily inflated half the time might still bite you as-...buttox) you'll probably find the whole experience of improvement and gain to be more frustrating than pleasant.

and if you're a masochist well... you're in good company, I guess.

Maybe if you're low level or don't know what you're doing you can't progress. My s/o started playing mabi 2 months ago and only really has time to play less than 8 hours a week at most, and she's already progressed more than half the people I see in game grinding all day. Why are you still here if you hate the game so much?
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    To mess with the forum mods.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    As long as I am still not capped, as long as there’s still enough active players for trading and stuff, I will keep on playing Mabi I guess. I am still 10k AP away from ranking all skills (minus dan ranks for combat skills as I like to think they don’t exist for certain skills). Still has 9 talents left to GM. And I still need to get Phantasm Breaker title. It’s a challenge with my horrible ping and I have never even run it with a party to get used to the dungeon mechanism, being a solo player and all, but since me playing Mabi is very achievement-driven, as long as I have goals to attain I don’t think I will stop playing.
  • AnimemabiAnimemabi
    So pretty much people have a love hate relationship with this game i honestly miss seeing the ch1 is full and stuff like that.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited April 2, 2018
    I regularly feel hatred for the game as I play, yet I keep playing.
    BlissfulkillTwelieJazmynTairikuSherri
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Because I don't have to play your mabi. And that's glorious.
  • LllaaazzzyLllaaazzzy
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    edited April 3, 2018
    what other mmo offers such a vast life skill system that isnt merely get R1 so you can mine the best material in the game and thats it., everything under R1 is just exp fodder...... Nope, Mabinogi, Everything is useful, you can start gathering wool, their isnt super wool no uber wool, its just wool, spider web? nope just spider webs, fish? sure they get bigger but all provide the same stats (i think) not like everyone buys everything though ( i buy leather straps[yes there is finest/fine but those are potato easy to gather and if you arent trying to find them you still find them and its free gold]and ore if i see it though so i cant be the only one) cause gold isnt the easiest i guess thing to farm , i heard lord missions were pretty OP but i dont know how easy they are hummm what else, combat is fun, wouldnt say endless but builds are pretty fun as in.... aiming for 100% crit for a str build on ninja sort of thing...... dont really know how magic and stuff gets good but whatever ........... i guess alot of other games offer alot more FUN skills and OP skills but this game is a bukkake solo ................. im actually hooked to events as a new player, older players might not need all the pets and stuff but they usually sell enchant protects among other things......

mabi is one of the only living mmos now.... unless your cool with WoW Clones and runescape (although runescape has taken a substantial hit in player base RIPPP)

not that all mmos suck but i dont really wanna play things like neverwinter/teso where we get merged together unless you do the massive end game (limited to daily missions, huge questlines full of walking even with decent mounts) or things like tera/bdo where we got map wide AoE and are pretty much just maplestory clones where you try and kill and mob as many mobs as you can, then 1 skill kill them all, NO THANK YOU.... Tree of savior just got lame huge disappointment for the hype but playable... i bet dfo would be pretty good if it didnt have a million classes... causer you know, after a while you cant really not recycle skills

and if your that thirsty or lacking a pc yeah theres some pretty good games that are 15 years old you could play im not gonna bother naming them
    edit: theres a few games like albion and stuff that are OK and meet some of the requirements ive mentioned but those are just military simulators and arent any fun for solo players/people without friends/people who dont wanna join guilds or just wanna play with a small party cause your just gonna get zerged and its NO FUN AT ALL And even in a 2v1 where your the one , even if your a strong solo player, your probably not gonna kill both of them unless your really well geared for whereever your playing and getting ganked, OR you can run away (maybe)
    im thinking about playing some guild wars 1 next time i take a mabi break

Also, regarding reforges, those are litterly the easy way of upgrading your gear.... i bet you not even 60% of the current player base has a decent artisan upgrade.....
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    These questions always confuse me. If you need others to give you a reason to get back into playing, then you're probably not interested in playing at all to begin with.
    starkiller1286Zero2021Tsukoyomi
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 3, 2018
    I do not know why I still play, if but solely on the fact that the gamemasters are among the most beautiful women in the world. Objectively speaking.

:D
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Lllaaazzzy wrote: »
    what other mmo offers such a vast life skill system that isnt merely get R1 so you can mine the best material in the game and thats it., everything under R1 is just exp fodder......

If you are in need of deep, balanced gameplay and attention to detail, try out Achaea. It's a MUD, meaning it is text-based and lacks graphics.
  • RandomguyonmabiRandomguyonmabi
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    I still play because I've been playing since the game came out and I like the uniqueness of it.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    My slow relaxed way of playing makes me completely way behind on the storyline.

The only game where I leave for 6 months and come back relatively to stability
    Yokkaichi