[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Multi-clienters ruining/abusing events

Comments

• OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    How about making them less rare?

More people get em, the value drops, and participation is rewarded instead of rewarded once in a blue moon.

Someone I know used 12 alts fishing constantly and only got ONE black bag!

Make the good rewards obtainable, rather than obscure.

Players who are active and constantly dedicating their time to the events should be REWARDED!
    SherriYangKoete
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,135
    edited April 3, 2018
    Odinwolfe wrote: »

More people get em, the value drops, and participation is rewarded instead of rewarded once in a blue moon.

Players who are active and constantly dedicating their time to the events should be REWARDED!

That'll just make things worse in the long run, instead of a crowd of people abusing hundreds of alts to get the primary prize of an event, now they get to get like a thousand of those rare wings that will inflate in price, and will become a meta equip that people will NEED, and gladly pay 10 to 50 mil for. People who end up missing events will become a steady meal ticket for multi clienters who farm the daylights out of limited items.
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Froglord wrote: »
    Odinwolfe wrote: »

That'll just make things worse in the long run, instead of a crowd of people abusing hundreds of alts to get the primary prize of an event, now they get to get like a thousand of those rare wings that will inflate in price, and will become a meta equip that people will NEED, and gladly pay 10 to 50 mil for. People who end up missing events will become a steady meal ticket for multi clienters who farm the daylights out of limited items.

So it's better to just have the elitist multi-clienters to have em instead?
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Or just after so many log-in or fishing said requirements...a one time item that is account bound. Most ppl wouldn't mind having a black bag space...and those who don't need it could just not do the event.

-shrugs- Either way you can't stop what Nexon NA allows people to do for all these years. I mean there's still quite a bit of harassment still going on. Atop that the last time people tried to let NA know about the malicious players...there was nothing done so other players took it into their own hands with the programs those malicious ppl used and used it against them since it was pretty bad....Lets just say it didn't end well and those malicious ppl are still up and about with a slap on the wrist. The players who were trying to help got perma banned.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,920
    I'd say make event give out spin coins for activities such as cave of trial. And make each spin at least 5:1 ratio or 10:1 if there is a lot of coins given out.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,355
    Carlize wrote: »
    While I don't like multiclienters abusing events, I think the bigger picture should be looked at. Having multiple accounts is not against the terms of service, if I'm wrong please direct me to where it says they are because I looked through it thoroughly. But using 3rd party programs and mods are. I think there's a huge difference between doing an event on multiple accounts and putting in actual effort to get more chances at getting the items, and multiclienting or macroing like 8 accounts at a time just to afk them. I think the problem comes down to how Nexon creates the events in the first place. First, we have normal afk events. But then multiclienters abuse it, so now we have ones where we have to click a button every hour/15 minutes/whatnot. It's similar with the login events, people abused it so they made a 36 minute wait period. The issue is this isn't affecting the people who are the serious problem. Now the "normal" player who doesn't have any third party programs has to be attentive and clicking regularly, while the person who was already multiclienting will just macro whatever they need and do it just as easily. Even with this recent Festia event, within 5 minutes of the server going up (which was ~40 minutes before schedule to boot) there were already alt armies on and doing the event. That isn't humanly possible. If they want people to stop abusing the events they'd need to have harsher punishments when they're obviously modding or using third parties like this.

But that's not the only issue with how Nexon plans their events. We have items like the NPC figure box and the Kindergarden Squire trans medals. where you can only get 1/6-7 potential items for logging in. So if you want to collect them or get a particular one, it's still going to cost you despite being a login event item. This even bleeds over to the event gacha's RNG. I don't know if they assume everyone plays on like 20+ characters or if there's just no rebalancing from KR's population to NA's, but the odds for nearly every event item in the last couple years has been absolutely atrocious. On Ruairi there are a couple items, such as Blue Cutiefly wings from Mabi's 8th anniversary and the green Glow-in-the-Dark Bracelet from MusicQ, that have zero stars because they never even made it into the dressing room. The fact that event items come out and are so rare that they never make it into the server just makes no sense to me. Why go through the effort and then have your playerbase unable to even enjoy it?

This goes for both event gacha and prizes you buy with earned coins. Because Mabi limits the amount you can earn on one character, you're often forced to choose which prize you want the most, and then you have to either purchase the other items from other players or use alt accounts to get them. So even more so than trying to regulate modders and multiclienters, I think they need to look at how lazy their forms of events have gotten. Most are usually to just stand around and afk or fish or something similar to that. Off of the top of my head, I can only think of 5 events where you could spam the entirety of it on one character and be guaranteed all the rewards: Samhain Event, Star Piece Event, Maple Leaf Event, Dragon Boat Event, and Meowbinogi. For the most part all of these events are met with fewer complaints and I usually notice a temporary boom in active population with events like these. So I'd say it's more events like these we need and not afk/semi-afk events. I think for a majority of people, they don't want to be on alts majority of the time, they want to play their main character that they worked hard on. It's Mabi's event design that isn't allowing that to happen. So while I don't like how abused the events are by multi clienting, I dislike even more so how Nexon has made their events this exploitable to begin with.

This right here for sure. Mabinogi's events have been getting more RNG-fest for a long time. I'm beginning to see why people tend to use alts and now I even feel bad for most of them.
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,405
    As long as there are AFK events there will be AFKing alts to milk them
  • FroglordFroglord
    I get people are desperate for good things because the RNG sucks, but making 200 alternate accounts to suck up every last prize is a whole other story. That just drives it to become virtually impossible to get anything from these events at all while a cheater is dancing around with 3 of every wing, 5 celtic chain blades, hundreds of premium consumables, and etc.

It's just wrong, and it needs to stop.
    SherriZeo
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,035
    Pan wrote: »
    Account creation should require SSN.

A social security number for making an account for a game? Please tell me you're being sarcastic... because if someone gets hacked and gets their hands on THAT, oof!!
    VeylaineErorservYangKoete
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,570
    Xiokun wrote: »

A social security number for making an account for a game? Please tell me you're being sarcastic... because if someone gets hacked and gets their hands on THAT, oof!!

Nexon isn't exactly known for their security either. the day they ask for a SSN is the day I finally quit

• papatuluspapatulus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    could always do what some games have and make it so you need to have payment info connected to your account to 'upgrade' it in a way. Doesn't even need to be used to buy anything (could even be nexon-wide) - although I'm sure almost everyone in this thread has bought NX before. Either you fork out money onto all of your alts, or you spoof payment info which is probably illegal.
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 895
    edited April 5, 2018
    Froglord wrote: »
    Ever since the release of the Chain Blade instant prize events, people have been making hundreds of alternate accounts to absorb prizes from events. Prizes include all of the 1st and 2nd place Festia instant prize rewards from both the Coin and Gold draws such as wings, gold prizes, and other good items. Other events include hot-days with trade enabled items that ensure maximized rewards such as enchant potions, rebirth potions, forgetful potions, among other premium items.

These players are amassing hundreds alternate accounts just for these events, but nothing is done about them at all. These events are becoming a hand-out to the players who are always cheating to get to the top, and they profit off of every bit of it.

In the past, with the Hamlet delegation event, these players were dealt with, and banned for abusing these events along with all of their alternate accounts, but this time they're getting off free without any form of sanction.

Please do something about this.

Well then you better find a way to separate who is doing what. Some players have more than one account because they can t afford to buy character cards. SO that means you will punish the innocent. And some players have more than one account because of the black robing that happened years ago. Or when they made there character and didn t know to make a human first so they could get a giant and elf later. These people shouldn t be punished . They also use there friends account for things when a friend is away. So you d have to find a way around these things and not punish everyone
  • FroglordFroglord
    You get like 6 free character cards per account, that's hardly a very valid excuse for some people to have almost 200 individual accounts for hoarding limited event items that sell for millions of gold to get ahead via cheating.
    BuffalosZeo
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited April 5, 2018
    there are only 6 wings available per server per WEEK....of the thousands that will be playing each week only 6 on each server will win wings....if there were only 100 players on 100 single accounts then there would STILL be 94 people crying over not winning any wings.....get over it already.....agreed, they should make them more readily available instead of such a low number....also the cheap lower prizes need to be something a whole lot better than spamming crap tons of hammers....seriously, Festia looked like there was a Blacksmith's convention, and they all got sick and threw up hammers everywhere.....full restore potions were nice, but also too spammy......wanna spam a prize ???.....how about FREE 100% REPAIR COUPONS for equipment....now that everyone would enjoy, and no one would throw away
    TwelieArjuneSherriYangKoete
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,140
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 5, 2018
    Xiokun wrote: »

Could just ask for a cell phone number instead. Not like everyone hasn't thrown their cell number for some online service anyway.
    Pepper wrote: »
    Well then you better find a way to separate who is doing what. Some players have more than one account because they can t afford to buy character cards. SO that means you will punish the innocent.
    We're well beyond the point where Nexon NA can fix this without affecting the innocent players.
  • YagiriiYagirii
    Friendly reminder that multi clienting is part of the KR base client and does not require mods. And like it was mentioned before in this post, multiple accounts is not against the ToS, and should not be. Also about this event this comment sums it up pretty well
    Arjune wrote: »
    idk why people are even surprised that the festia wings were gone within an hour.... most players (like me) had over 300 coins saved up to throw at that machine the instant the servers went up. and most payers (like me) walked away with something like 100 gift boxes and 70 prof hammers and 100-some full recovery pots. Obviously the 3 lucky people would eventually win the wings they had saved their coins 3 weeks for. You should not be surprised AT ALL that they were gone so fast, and you can't just make up some bullcrap about 'hundreds of alts' just because they were gone so fast. Hell, the gold prize festia wings are STILL at 0/2 in Mari so these hundreds of alts aren't trying very hard are they? :P Conspiracy Theory, much? I feel like I just read a thread by the Alex Jones of Mabinogi XD

I'm going to be very direct here and say that there was no efficient alt abuse for this instant prize event, if any at all. If you actually put your mind to it you'll realize how much work it is to stack these coins across a huge number of alts. If you think these things are easy, or "cheating" go try it yourself. And as you saw, the gold prizes were 0/2 for some servers and were only gone like 2 days ago in Alexina. Just as Arjune said, people had coins saved up, many people did, because they didn't want the prizes on the previous weeks. Froglord has a reputation of putting blame on things like this so I'm not surprised.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,325
    Another person that thinks afking on an event is hard lmao
    Buffalos
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,905
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Another person that thinks afking on an event is hard lmao

I think afking on 100~200 accounts is pretty hard
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,140
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Yagirii wrote: »
    I'm going to be very direct here and say that there was no efficient alt abuse for this instant prize event, if any at all. If you actually put your mind to it you'll realize how much work it is to stack these coins across a huge number of alts. If you think these things are easy, or "cheating" go try it yourself.
    It's still "cheating" because it gives the abusers more draws in an event that is designed to be limited on how many draws you can do in the event time frame. A prior instance of this being punished was The Hamlet Delegation Evemt and it was shut down weeks before it was meant to end due to people make dozens of accounts to get multiple draws from the event each day. It seriously doesn't matter how """difficult""" it is to make a draw happen on each character per day, they are still breaking the same rule that Nexon has punished for in the past.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,570
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Could just ask for a cell phone number instead. Not like everyone hasn't thrown their cell number for some online service anyway.

that's assuming everyone has cell phones... which I certainly don't

SherriYangKoete