Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Regarding Events like the Festia Instant Coin Priz

OpalthiraOpalthira
Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
edited April 3, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
In the future would you be willing to make it so that the top 3 prizes for this event are untradeable?
During the current 10th anniversary coin prize event all the wings were gone with in 5 minutes of the server starting up. Which was also started up earlier than stated when it would be.
The servers were up around 1:20pm Est and the wings were gone around 1:25pm Est. on Alexina.
I suggest making these prizes untradeable because people are exploiting this event and others like it by waiting until the moment the servers start up and getting all the prizes before anyone else is able to log into the game. This is extremely unfair to the community as a whole. Its not that there are limited items its the fact that they are gone within the time it would take someone to log in the game.

Why do i suggest making the items untradeable over anything else?
I do this because I know it will immediately remove all these people exploiting these events. It will remove them because they will no longer be able to make profit off the items.
Rendering farming the items on multiple accounts meaningless. This will solve the issues regarding fairness in the community and will also make it possible to rearrange the drop rates for these items so that they are actually obtainable rather than being wasted on no one.

Why these items?
These items you have been releasing with in these events tend to be very combat oriented and give a big edge in combat (Festia wings, Possessed Erien Wings, Fully enchanted r1 Chainblades). They also end up selling for over 50+millions simply because of how good they are, which attracts attention and since they are so easy to get makes people mass account farm for them. Which should not be allowed.

Regarding other items and vanity items (Music boxes and homestead items)
These items I would argue are ok to be tradeable because they offer no benefit in game other than being something nice to look at.
As I said before that the top three items should be untradeable any other items such as platinum hammers, proficiency hammers, full recovery potions, etc. Should also remain untradeable. Items such as Homestead items should be tradeable because they are behind a RNG wall.

To summarize this post,
I suggest making the top three prizes and other prizes that affect gameplay should be untradeable to prevent people from spamming the events. Which is preventing other players on the server from getting said items.
GretaBlissfulkillSherriJazmyn

Comments

• DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    not that it matters much but just wanna clear up it took longer than 5mins for the wings to go on alexina, no spreading fake news
    (the festia wings in the 4th week at least and via coin entry)
    maint advertised to end 10:30am pst, servers went up around 9:45am pst
    first coin wing went within 5min, second within 15min, and the third went around 45min since the game went up
    the gold entries also gone on the first day but they stayed available longer than the coin ones
    Opalthira wrote: »
    I suggest making these prizes untradeable because people are exploiting this event and others like it by waiting until the moment the servers start up and getting all the prizes before anyone else is able to log into the game. This is extremely unfair to the community as a whole. Its not that there are limited items its the fact that they are gone within the time it would take someone to log in the game.
    i can understand wanting to change the mechanic to avoid this, don't get me wrong. but also wouldn't call this "exploiting" the event either in the sense of misuse/abuse/unfair advantage. feel like that's a bit of an exaggeration...

i saved all my coins til the last week, had 200+ idk exact i missed some days
    stayed up til 5am my time and got too tired so put an alarm on for every 30mins to check if the servers were up
    logged in around 6:05-6:10am and was able to roll all my coins before the wings disappeared on alex
    just saying this to show it's not just people multiclienting and making 100 alts. i only had 1 chara... so many others probably did the same as me
    alex has the biggest population..

regarding items being untradeable i'd only consider supporting the suggestion if it also meant they were able to go in dressing room
    too many untradeable items that can only go in your inv, or that plus your own bank tab only

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Daktaro wrote: »
    not that it matters much but just wanna clear up it took longer than 5mins for the wings to go on alexina, no spreading fake news
    (the festia wings in the 4th week at least and via coin entry)
    maint advertised to end 10:30am pst, servers went up around 9:45am pst
    first coin wing went within 5min, second within 15min, and the third went around 45min since the game went up
    the gold entries also gone on the first day but they stayed available longer than the coin ones
    i can understand wanting to change the mechanic to avoid this, don't get me wrong. but also wouldn't call this "exploiting" the event either in the sense of misuse/abuse/unfair advantage. feel like that's a bit of an exaggeration...

i saved all my coins til the last week, had 200+ idk exact i missed some days
    stayed up til 5am my time and got too tired so put an alarm on for every 30mins to check if the servers were up
    logged in around 6:05-6:10am and was able to roll all my coins before the wings disappeared on alex
    just saying this to show it's not just people multiclienting and making 100 alts. i only had 1 chara... so many others probably did the same as me
    alex has the biggest population..

regarding items being untradeable i'd only consider supporting the suggestion if it also meant they were able to go in dressing room
    too many untradeable items that can only go in your inv, or that plus your own bank tab only

I spent maybe 1000 coins on this event and never got anything from that gacha coin box (yes multiple accounts because the drop rate was so bad)
    At best I got two HS items. To say that regular players got lucky and got the wings without using multiple accounts just seems to far fetched to begin with.
    Besides want items to be tradeable just so they can go into the dressing room vs actually having a chance at items just seems like an unfair opinion to begin with.
    These items are worth far too much to be tradeable and besides every time this event rolls around its always wings with the same stats on them. Its not a big deal if you cant store them in dressing room especially if they all do the same thing you only would ever need the one pair of wings. Doesn't make sense that you would try to get the same thing just with a different look just so you could throw it in a storage box and never use them. Let other players have a chance at those items rather than people who never log off the game and spend all their coins before the server even goes up. Its unfair to the community as a whole.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I spent hundreds of coins, not even an HS prop. -_-
    ShoogGreta
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    I spent maybe 1000 coins on this event and never got anything from that gacha coin box (yes multiple accounts because the drop rate was so bad)
    At best I got two HS items. To say that regular players got lucky and got the wings without using multiple accounts just seems to far fetched to begin with.
    Besides want items to be tradeable just so they can go into the dressing room vs actually having a chance at items just seems like an unfair opinion to begin with.
    agree the drop rates in this event were terrible and too much RNG
    saying it's too far fetched for a regular player to have got the wings i can't agree with though. a regular player totally could have rocked up, spin a couple times and won the wings. sure the chance might be very low, but you can't say it didn't happen without proof of all 3 players on each server who won the coin entry festia wings and whether they used alts or not.

to use myself as an example again, 1 chara, 300-350 ish coins spun by now, i got a music box in this 4th week but also have never got a platinum hammer. from opening the participation prize boxes got 1 homestead item. is that too far fetched for just 1 character? in a rng event like this the luck even regular players have is so varied. some can have super good luck, some super bad and others in the middle.
    These items are worth far too much to be tradeable and besides every time this event rolls around its always wings with the same stats on them.
    what kind of worth determines whether an item should be tradeable or not? o_o honest question, i don't understand
    when have permanent stat wings ever been given through an event before this? and what's to say they ever will be again? and if they are, there's a chance it could be a different method than spinning coins to get them too.
    the other stat wings from festia are not permanent, and the eiren wings with stats came from gacha right? correct me if perma stat wings did come from an event before i've been away from mabi for a while.
    Its not a big deal if you cant store them in dressing room especially if they all do the same thing you only would ever need the one pair of wings. Doesn't make sense that you would try to get the same thing just with a different look just so you could throw it in a storage box and never use them.
    "I suggest making the top three prizes and other prizes that affect gameplay should be untradeable to prevent people from spamming the events." from your first post implies that you're suggesting prizes that affect gameplay from any event be untradeable, not just festia wings. that would eventually clog inv. people get the same thing with a different look all time time and use them both..............
    Let other players have a chance at those items rather than people who never log off the game and spend all their coins before the server even goes up. Its unfair to the community as a whole.
    the servers were up.... they were just up before advertised. if they weren't active/online, players would not be able to log into the game.
    besides, on every maint notice they write "Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification."
    if nexon is not actively barring players from entering the game or requesting they don't, why shouldn't players enter? and why should players who log off more often have more right to prizes in game? everyone should have an equal right... and you can't always account for real life circumstance either. timezones.. people's lives.. example again: i was only able to log in asap and roll all my coins because the day after maint happened to fall on easter weekend. if it had been a day earlier i would have been at work.
    if it's a question of nexon only bringing servers live exactly on the time advertised, then sure that would probably be a good idea.

even if the wings were untradeable you would have players logging in as soon as physically possible because they want the wings for themselves, not to sell. to give players who don't or can't log in straight away a chance, they would have to either increase or just uncap the amount of wings able to be won rather than just 3. personally i wouldn't be against this, just saying.

mm this is a long reply... i just had stuff to say in regards to your points ^^

ShouK
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I think making items untradeable is bad idea. Yeah it sucks people use alts but what about the people who share their items with loved ones/friends? I would be super mad if I got something my finacee wanted and I couldn't let him even have it/use it, same wait with my fiancee, if he got something he knew I wanted then he would feel bad I could never use it. I'm against making top prizes untradeable unless they find a way to make it that an item can only be traded between two people and no one else. (like I get the item it binds to me but I can write his IGN name on it so we both can use it)
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    agree the drop rates in this event were terrible and too much RNG
    saying it's too far fetched for a regular player to have got the wings i can't agree with though. a regular player totally could have rocked up, spin a couple times and won the wings. sure the chance might be very low, but you can't say it didn't happen without proof of all 3 players on each server who won the coin entry festia wings and whether they used alts or not.

to use myself as an example again, 1 chara, 300-350 ish coins spun by now, i got a music box in this 4th week but also have never got a platinum hammer. from opening the participation prize boxes got 1 homestead item. is that too far fetched for just 1 character? in a rng event like this the luck even regular players have is so varied. some can have super good luck, some super bad and others in the middle.

Three accounts 1000+ coins 2 hs items. You had far more luck than the equivalent of three people in this event. If i add others in discords the number grows exponentially.
    what kind of worth determines whether an item should be tradeable or not? o_o honest question, i don't understand
    when have permanent stat wings ever been given through an event before this? and what's to say they ever will be again? and if they are, there's a chance it could be a different method than spinning coins to get them too.
    the other stat wings from festia are not permanent, and the eiren wings with stats came from gacha right? correct me if perma stat wings did come from an event before i've been away from mabi for a while.

Like i stated these events are worth over 50 mil and people were trying to buy wings for 150+Mil on the possessed Eiren wings.
    Wings with stats have been given out in every single one of these events (which is currently at two); The possessed Eiren wings and the festia wings. Both were from the same event in every way minus the fact that you need 15 coins to roll for the Eiren wings instead of 1 coin.
    "I suggest making the top three prizes and other prizes that affect gameplay should be untradeable to prevent people from spamming the events." from your first post implies that you're suggesting prizes that affect gameplay from any event be untradeable, not just festia wings. that would eventually clog inv. people get the same thing with a different look all time time and use them both..............

The top three prizes do affect gameplay. The top three prizes have been Wings that give "10 attack speed, and 10 Attack delay reduction", Fully enchanted r1 chainblades, an 5 million gold boxes, Platinum hammers, and the Rose garden musicbox. The only one these that don't affect gameplay is the music box. All other ones greatly affect end game or give you and edge in combat in some shape or form.
    Regarding the thing in bold; I never stated all events should be like this I only want this type event to be barred off because the prizes are too valuable and makes people make multiple accounts just to get the items. If they make them untradeable no one will farm for them with multiple accounts and theres less accounts being used thus giving more chances at an item. As for inventories getting clogged i'd imagine with the current drop rates literally no one is gonna get duplicates of an item let along top prizes every time the event rolls around.
    the servers were up.... they were just up before advertised. if they weren't active/online, players would not be able to log into the game.
    besides, on every maint notice they write "Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification."
    if nexon is not actively barring players from entering the game or requesting they don't, why shouldn't players enter? and why should players who log off more often have more right to prizes in game? everyone should have an equal right... and you can't always account for real life circumstance either. timezones.. people's lives.. example again: i was only able to log in asap and roll all my coins because the day after maint happened to fall on easter weekend. if it had been a day earlier i would have been at work.
    if it's a question of nexon only bringing servers live exactly on the time advertised, then sure that would probably be a good idea.

What I said wasn't meant to be literal. I was trying to say that there are people who are always sitting at their computers waiting until the server starts up mashing login.
    Sure if it were real players i wouldn't care but there are people who use multiple accounts and do this. Log in with multiple accounts right when the servers go up and lowers your chances at items.
    even if the wings were untradeable you would have players logging in as soon as physically possible because they want the wings for themselves, not to sell. to give players who don't or can't log in straight away a chance, they would have to either increase or just uncap the amount of wings able to be won rather than just 3. personally i wouldn't be against this, just saying.

If the wings were untradeable there would be far less accounts trying to get the wings thus giving you more chances at the items. Also with the drop rates it only makes your chances higher and have chance at lasting longer than that 5-30 minutes it did.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I think making items untradeable is bad idea. Yeah it sucks people use alts but what about the people who share their items with loved ones/friends? I would be super mad if I got something my finacee wanted and I couldn't let him even have it/use it, same wait with my fiancee, if he got something he knew I wanted then he would feel bad I could never use it. I'm against making top prizes untradeable unless they find a way to make it that an item can only be traded between two people and no one else. (like I get the item it binds to me but I can write his IGN name on it so we both can use it)

All the prizes should be untradable everything else is already untradable in the coin machine its only fair that everything else be locked too.
    I could care less about the people want to trade the items to their friends cause the chance of them ever getting one of these items and trading them to friends is just a bs arguement to begin with. No one would ever give away one of kind wings that give the equivalent of "p2w" wings.
    As for the Music box there is already like 4 different kinds of these music boxes. All they needed to do would be increase the drop rate for them anyway. Since there were 120 chances for them that is a considerable amount of them and i would say a fair amount of them per server.
    Besides if the items were increased in drop rates and untradable it would make more people happy than unhappy.
    /quote]
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    edited April 4, 2018

I can asure you that it's not a BS argument, you have clearly never played this game with the same people/person for long enough to trust them. Me and my fiancee have shared everything for 4 years now. If there was some super-ultra-rare golden colored wings and I got them, I would glady hand them off to him because he uses gold/orange/red. The same would go if there was some super special ultra blue wings, I know he would ask me first if I wanted them and he wouldn't make me pay for them. Come back when you can prove 100% that No one (even couples/best/friends/lovers) would never ever ever give away top tier event items to their significant others. Please, I want you to prove to me.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira

I can asure you that it's not a BS argument, you have clearly never played this game with the same people/person for long enough to trust them. Me and my fiancee have shared everything for 4 years now. If there was some super-ultra-rare golden colored wings and I got them, I would glady hand them off to him because he uses gold/orange/red. The same would go if there was some super special ultra blue wings, I know he would ask me first if I wanted them and he wouldn't make me pay for them. Come back when you can prove 100% that No one (even couples/best/friends/lovers) would never ever ever give away top tier event items to their significant others. Please, I want you to prove to me.

Doesn't matter if you wanted to trade them because you'll never have them to begin with. Due the fact that the drop rates are bad and there are x3+ more population trying to get them. The items should not be tradeable simply because a small population wants to share an item doesn't mean everyone else should suffer because of it.
    On this issue along i have gotten tons of support and only maybe two people have opposed me in making these untradeable. Of which they then switched to my side when it was made clear that IT WOULD ONLY BE EVENTS OF THIS KIND not all events in general. Me saying it was a bs arguement was because it implies that you support the idea of people farming with multiple accounts for items to be sold rather than fairness of the entire community getting a chance at items.
    Greta
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited April 5, 2018
    Snip
    Personal side note, but I think you'd have a better time holding your argument if you made less generalizations and exaggerations, 'cause when your argument leans on those for effect and someone calls you out on them... not only is the discussion now a tangent argument, but I personally find it reduces your credibility. Not to mention you get all these long posts conflicting one another, lol.

Edit: See post comment for example.

On the note of staying on topic, I don't believe untradeable wings is anything more than a 'band-aid fix', on top of causing additional problems as listed above. I think the best solution to preventing the abuse would be of course being more vigilant in preventing/catching multi-users, and dealing out harsher penalties for those caught doing it (presuming it's still considered against the ToS). I would also like to see a row of rewards being something along the lines of good/better/best, rather than 3 (moreso due to quantity than functionality) garbage-tier rewards, 2 useful ones and one god-tier. If there were a series of wings offered with the more exclusive ones being of course less limited in functionality, we'd have less lynch mobs going around for the multi-users. Plus, even if you don't get the best of the best rewards, at least you have something in the same vein (rather than 200+ prof hammers), a partial reward of sorts I guess.

I also think that one of Mabi's biggest issues is the gamble-to-win mechanic's prevalence, more than the 'pay-to-win' aspect of something like reforges, but that's a discussion for a different thread.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba

Doesn't matter if you wanted to trade them because you'll never have them to begin with. Due the fact that the drop rates are bad and there are x3+ more population trying to get them. The items should not be tradeable simply because a small population wants to share an item doesn't mean everyone else should suffer because of it.
    On this issue along i have gotten tons of support and only maybe two people have opposed me in making these untradeable. Of which they then switched to my side when it was made clear that IT WOULD ONLY BE EVENTS OF THIS KIND not all events in general. Me saying it was a bs arguement was because it implies that you support the idea of people farming with multiple accounts for items to be sold rather than fairness of the entire community getting a chance at items.

Yep, me wanting to share with my friends means that I support people who abuse the events. Yep. Perfect. Of course. I totally and completely support the idea of people abusing events because that is what sharing is. Yep, totally.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Three accounts 1000+ coins 2 hs items. You had far more luck than the equivalent of three people in this event. If i add others in discords the number grows exponentially.
    yeah exactly, i used that example to support the point it's not so far fetched that some regular player had insane luck and pulled some festia wings with only one character
    just because 50 people have bad luck doesn't mean the 51st person will too
    Like i stated these events are worth over 50 mil and people were trying to buy wings for 150+Mil on the possessed Eiren wings.
    Wings with stats have been given out in every single one of these events (which is currently at two); The possessed Eiren wings and the festia wings. Both were from the same event in every way minus the fact that you need 15 coins to roll for the Eiren wings instead of 1 coin.
    oh so there was another event...
    then yeah i see where you're coming from if it's just making these type of wing items with stats untradeable and only from events with this format
    +_+b

feel like even with untradeable wings they would have still disappeared pretty fast especially on alexina, purely because of how they affect gameplay, like how you said. but since we can't get proof of who was online when and spinning how many times with how many characters and winning what prizes, it can only be speculation. agree making them untradeable would have deterred multiclienting and delayed it a bit more. but without that proof/data, can't say by how much and if it would be worth it to sacrifice being able to share items. can see where fayekaiba is coming from on that point too.