Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Coming back... Maybe..Why do you still play?

Comments

• TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    edited April 4, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Animemabi wrote: »
    So i had been watching a twitch streamer for a while yesterday i go to their channel and see them playing and i go....holy i recognize this person and after a while of chatting i download mabi. After i log in i noticed some things the population has taken a massive drop and the market is well last time i was on fine reforges sold for like 200-ish each now it is like 400k.I'm wondering about everyone elses take on this is it worth getting back into and why do you still play?

… No its not worth it.
    There is too many cheater and irl money trades.

Also the dev don't really care about their player base which is kinda sad.

Real world trades have been a part of every mmo since well... ever. And I think some of our GMs do care there just isn't much they can do.
    Tairiku wrote: »
    Not worth getting back into, no. Most of us are either delusional, pining off nostalgia, or invested so much time and crap into this game that we may as well go down with the fiery inferno and wait for the flames to be smothered. I m not saying the game can't still be enjoyable, but most likely unless you p2w hard or you're very casual (which given the sheer amount of gacha-only outfits being heavily inflated half the time might still bite you as-...buttox) you'll probably find the whole experience of improvement and gain to be more frustrating than pleasant.

and if you're a masochist well... you're in good company, I guess.

Maybe if you're low level or don't know what you're doing you can't progress. My s/o started playing mabi 2 months ago and only really has time to play less than 8 hours a week at most, and she's already progressed more than half the people I see in game grinding all day. Why are you still here if you hate the game so much?

You like to twist words I see. Not once did I say anyone couldn't progress be they new or not, I said it can be frustrating to improve nowadays. I also never said I hated the game either. Look by all means if you wanna go whiteknight so badly be my guess, but try reading what people say before ya do buddy boy.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Animemabi wrote: »
    So i had been watching a twitch streamer for a while yesterday i go to their channel and see them playing and i go....holy i recognize this person and after a while of chatting i download mabi. After i log in i noticed some things the population has taken a massive drop and the market is well last time i was on fine reforges sold for like 200-ish each now it is like 400k.I'm wondering about everyone elses take on this is it worth getting back into and why do you still play?

… No its not worth it.
    There is too many cheater and irl money trades.

Also the dev don't really care about their player base which is kinda sad.

Just recently on Mari ch 1, i saw somebody selling gold for real money. It's unbelievably pathetic.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    I'm still waiting for Nexon to bump up the level requirement for the G19 quests so I don't receive them while still working on G1. Making magic and especially alchemy attacks no longer hit like a freight train would be nice too.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 5, 2018
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for Nexon to bump up the level requirement for the G19 quests so I don't receive them while still working on G1. Making magic and especially alchemy attacks no longer hit like a freight train would be nice too.

Please don't tell me you're seriously thinking that alchemy is hitting like a freight train these days. If anything, it is a utility skill set, more than burst damage or damage per second.

I mean, is there something I am missing here? Is it sarcasm, because I was under the impression Magic is still quite viable these days.
    Twelie
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

Please don't tell me you're seriously thinking that alchemy is hitting like a freight train these days. If anything, it is a utility skill set, more than burst damage or damage per second.

I mean, is there something I am missing here? Is it sarcasm, because I was under the impression Magic is still quite viable these days.

Magic is viable, but could use some QoL love. When they're referring to alchemy I think they mean NPC water cannon smashing you for 2k+
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    Mostly just friends also I don't play hardcore, like always leveling and ranking skills, that way I don't burn myself out.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    I stick around for the free sandwiches after every maintenance.
    Kerowyn
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Magic is viable, but could use some QoL love. When they're referring to alchemy I think they mean NPC water cannon smashing you for 2k+

This. My problem is with enemy alchemy (which makes some Shadow Missions basically impossible for me).