Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Turn Commas Off/On In Settings

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
edited April 5, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello! With the recent new update, there was an addition of commas into the game, except I dislike the option and I am sure others would agree with me as well. However, there are many people who have been awaiting the addition of commas.
You see, it was already in the games code so it wouldn't be too much to add this?
My idea is to make it an option within the game settings. Commas will be on by default and can be switched off to view gold without commas. It could be under Settings - Game - Etc.
This would please both parties. ..Of course, some would argue that it doesn't matter but news flash; to some people it does.

I hope my suggestion goes into consideration!

Mizuli of Mari
Zairak
  1. Did you like the addition of commas?41 votes
    1. Yes
       83% (34 votes)
    2. No
       5% (2 votes)
    3. I don't really care tbh
       12% (5 votes)

Comments

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited April 5, 2018
    I wouldn't consider the addition of commas a game-changing addition, but I am 100% for it as a quality of life update. That being said, I see zero reason to NOT allow it be to a toggle.

What is your reason for disliking it, if I may ask?

Edit: Forgot the not in the sentence, lol.
    Zairak
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Lol. Reason why you don't want to see commas???
    Zairak
  • KrissyPootelKrissyPootel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,445
    lol may i ask the reason for disliking the commas?
    Zairak
  • SherriSherri
    I just want it as an option to be on or off for people. :/
    Zairak
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 5, 2018
    I don't think that's necessary since most players were asking for this for about a decade. Unless you want to wait for another decade until they add On/Off button lel. Unless game gets shut down before that.
    Zairak
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Is it really necessary though? We see commas everywhere when it comes to numbers in real life.

I'm happy to see the commas so people don't get scammed anymore (regarding both buyers and sellers).
    GretaZairak
  • SherriSherri
    edited April 5, 2018
    I wouldn't consider the addition of commas a game-changing addition, but I am 100% for it as a quality of life update. That being said, I see zero reason to NOT allow it be to a toggle.

What is your reason for disliking it, if I may ask?

Edit: Forgot the not in the sentence, lol.

As a quality life update would be good. it's for those who dislike commas. I personally am not a fan only because i'm used to having no commas.
    Leinei wrote: »
    Is it really necessary though? We see commas everywhere when it comes to numbers in real life.

I'm happy to see the commas so people don't get scammed anymore (regarding both buyers and sellers).

Yes, it is.
    Zairak
  • GretaGreta
    You will get used to it.
    Zairak
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Some people just like entirely whole numbers.

Good thing there's no decimals, that would really complicate matters.
    Zairak
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    The commas look like periods, but I'll get used to them.
    Another option could be to remove the comma and leave a subtle spacing. Example: 1,000,000 turns into 1 000 000 (but with smaller spacing).
    Zairak
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    ... Or they could just revamp the chat and not fuse over the comma that.. should have been there already.

Im sure im the only one with this issue, but i dont like the whisper system. Its never been clear to me how to us it and the few times i get it to work, it still becomes a hassle. Or you know, the randomly banned words.. Can we have our own filter sitting please? So the word banning filter would be on by default and we can turn it off if went want it off? So we dont have to do "s&ucks" in chat or "s u c k s". Because you know "****" can have someone think its anything and make it even look like your telling someone off when you arent D:
    SherriZairak
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    ... Or they could just revamp the chat and not fuse over the comma that.. should have been there already.

Im sure im the only one with this issue, but i dont like the whisper system. Its never been clear to me how to us it and the few times i get it to work, it still becomes a hassle. Or you know, the randomly banned words.. Can we have our own filter sitting please? So the word banning filter would be on by default and we can turn it off if went want it off? So we dont have to do "s&ucks" in chat or "s u c k s". Because you know "****" can have someone think its anything and make it even look like your telling someone off when you arent D:

Whisper requires you to type the '@' symbol followed immediately by the person's name. Immediately after that, you press the Spacebar once, and then type your message.

If you switch over to the Whisper Tab of the Chat bar after your first Whisper, it will have the @[name] already filled in, and you can type as much as you want without redoing that portion every time.

Bear in mind that you can't Whisper at people who have their status set to 'Offline'.

The only other issue you might face is with people who decided, for whatever reason, to substitute the lowercase 'L' for an uppercase 'I' in their name, and that's not something that can be resolved without them fixing their font style.
  • tunafishytunafishy
    Mabinogi Rep: 540
    This isn't even a real problem. Who actually dislikes commas?
    ZairakChaosShadow
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Zairak wrote: »
    Tayloreski wrote: »

Whisper requires you to type the '@' symbol followed immediately by the person's name. Immediately after that, you press the Spacebar once, and then type your message.

If you switch over to the Whisper Tab of the Chat bar after your first Whisper, it will have the @[name] already filled in, and you can type as much as you want without redoing that portion every time.

Bear in mind that you can't Whisper at people who have their status set to 'Offline'.

The only other issue you might face is with people who decided, for whatever reason, to substitute the lowercase 'L' for an uppercase 'I' in their name, and that's not something that can be resolved without them fixing their font style.

>< thanks.. whispers have always been the one thing that never seems to work so i always just use notes- seems easier xD
    Zairak
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    tunafishy wrote: »

A few people, actually. Same people who like to fleece unsuspecting players.
    GretaZairakChaosShadow
  • SherriSherri

Wow.
    Thanks for the 'feedback'.
    T_T
    Zairak
  • SherriSherri
    But yeah, as a quality of life update, this could be added in. It may not be necessary but it would make both parties happy as well as improve the game itself, but that is just my ideas.
    Zairak
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    A few people, actually. Same people who like to fleece unsuspecting players.

I like the commas, but your comment is very insulting to those who prefer no commas. It's like saying the only people who like privacy are criminals with something to hide.
    SherriZairak
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    edited April 11, 2018
    Well, I haven't seen a single person provide a reason for wanting to turn commas off besides 'because I want them turned off'.

For that matter, I failed to conceive a reason myself, even for the purposes of playing Devil's Advocate.

Still, more customization is rarely a bad thing, so I'll support this suggestion. I see no harm, as long as commas remain turned on by default.