Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

quiting and here is why.

MAENARAMAENARA
Mabinogi Rep: 300
edited April 12, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
here i am excited and ready to spend cold hard cash on avatar items like hair and face. then i see i need a beauty coupon for the specific hair i want. so i think to my self oh okay ill go buy it from the shop then... so i went to search for it and found out it wasnt there so i did some internet research and come to find out its in a gacha so thats when i started to get really irritated, i have to spend money on a gacha and end up with -removed- items i dont want, so i would have to just "HOPE" i get a hairstyle i want. i calmed down a little and said okay maybe ill give it one shot, then come to find out you get the beauty coupons from erinns purse or what ever.WHICH BTW IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE lol that is my point of being done. i may sound like a pouting princess. but im just being honest if i cant have the options i want for my character in game mainly hairstyle i will not play it and i will not pay to play it. it saddens me cause i did look forward to this game i seen the new long pretty hairstyles and got excited then BOOM shot down lol. okay its bad enough you make people play a gacha to hopefully get a hairstyle they like. and it is WORSE to make it available only for a limited time. you are basically -removed- on new players because they didnt get here fast enough to play your ludicrous gacha is was 1.500nix btw its 5 dollars for 5000nix so u would get around 2-3 tries which is bad depending on how many items is in the gacha pool but if its a smaller gacha pool its pretty decent. see the point of deciding just to uninstall mabinogi was the fact that its a limited time thing, because as a new player i dont have the means to buy it from another player well simply because im new and have no in game money. atleast thats assuming if what i read about them being tradable is true.and im not spending weeks or months trying to make enough to even be able to afford to buy one from another character, as it is a small population i doubt its cheap. im the kinda person who likes instant gratification when it comes to the hairstyle i want. and since you took away the option to obtain it. you took away my option to Play this game. this isnt a bashing thread. this is just an advice thread and maybe you will take it maybe you wont. here are two options i would purpose if u simply must make it into a gacha to milk some money, well then DONT make it only for a limited time. leave it up! whats the harm? u can only make more money off it. option two simply sell the hair beauty coupons or let people buy them with pons. i get population is low and you dont make a ton of money of this game but taking advantage of players isnt the answer, or hell let players get a one time chance to buy one hair style coupon they want. but i dont even know if u care lol.. guess its on to a new game toram online i guess

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    1) its hairstyle
    2) you can buy it from a player
    3) even if you blew 100 dollars you never would have gotten the hair style
    Welcome to mabi
    [Deleted User]SunfallSky
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited April 13, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »
    1) its hairstyle
    2) you can buy it from a player
    3) even if you blew 100 dollars you never would have gotten the hair style
    Welcome to mabi

yep, just like Opalthira said basically. hairstyle coupons are often far cheaper on the players market anywhere from 500k gold to around 5 mil and rarely a little higher then that. the key to getting what you want from a gacha is to somehow get a lot of gold and search for the items you wanted from the gacha on the player market about 3 to 5 days later. the reason to wait a few days is cause everyone is selling at the highest price for the first few days then things balance out and stuff gets cheaper. depending on the gacha and your luck 100 dollars could get you probably 15 to 20 mil in items in most cases then you can sell those and buy what you want :)

anyway this is no reason to quit the game. mabi is still very free to play with good quality event rewards and a lot hair styles can be bought with pon as well and we have had more events that give us free pon over the past year or so.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 24, 2018
    Quits the game because of customization limits without even trying to wait for gacha's return and meanwhile actually trying the game or even get it from other players.

Ok...

Just go play some kind of Barbie dress up game then, i guess. Maybe they will offer you some cute free hairs and dresses. There's no point for you to play an MMO like Mabinogi if you all want to do is run around with your cute hairstyle and do nothing else.

It's not like i'm defending gacha and limited sales or anything, but your arguments and complaints were so bad that i barely understood what's going on in that wall of text.
    LeineiSunfallSky
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    edited April 13, 2018
    I bought a face coupon for 10k.

You need to just look for the sellers who sell stuff for too cheap.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    YangKoete wrote: »
    I bought a face coupon for 10k.

You need to just look for the sellers who sell stuff for too cheap.

Well... Hair coupons are usually more expensive than that.

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    > Quitting because of a hairstyle.
    You're getting mad over something so trivial. Over something so completely and utterly stupid. Who cares if you can't have your character look a certain way. It's a game, get over it or deal with it or leave and no one will care.
    [Deleted User]
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 13, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Quits the game because of customization limits without event trying to wait for gacha's return and meanwhile actually trying the game or even get it from other players.

Ok...

Just go play some kind of Barbie dress up game then, i guess. Maybe they will offer you some cute free hairs and dresses. There's no point for you to play an MMO like Mabinogi if you all want to do is run around with your cute hairstyle and do nothing else.

It's not like i'm defending gacha and limited sales or anything, but your arguments and complaints were so bad that i barely understood what's going on in that wall of text.

Yeah, I wish a moderator would come in and deal with that mess.

As for you, OP, there are a decent number of options hair-wise to get started with. Just because you can't get the newest hairstyle right now doesn't mean you shouldn't give the game a chance. Heck, I started out with dark grey-violet pigtails on my main Human who wound up eventually having light brown hair (looks orange) in the Urban Hairstyle. Play the game, experience the different fighting styles, build your character on that. Instead of getting mad at what you can choose now, see what you can eventually grow into and forge ahead.

A good place to earn gold for starters is Albey Red Dungeon (go to Albey and drop a small red gem) in the Tir Na Nog area. You will have to kill a lot of skeletons and that can get difficult, but you can easily earn a lot of money going that route.
    Greta
  • SurreptitiouslySurreptitiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,560
    MAENARA wrote: »
    guess its on to a new game toram online i guess

Hold up, you decided to quit because a hairstyle, which may even be sold by someone else in your server for cheaps, wasn't able to be easily bought because it was in a previous gacha, and rolling for the gacha would be a snowball's chance in hell to get it supposedly; Just to decide to go to a mobage?

Hold my teeth, I need to chuckle for a few years.
    GretaSunfallSky
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Op must've had a lot of frustration trying to obtain the coupon(s) either bad luck on missed opportunities or being unfortunate consumer of the inflated Mabi economy. It gets rough out there, and it appears the anger, frustration, lack of morale has led to their rash decision.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    While I don't value hairstyles as much as the OP, I agree that there's something wrong if a potential customer gets this aggravated. The game is advertised as a lifestyle game with heavy emphasis on character customization, and they establish that you must pay for certain customizations. Yet, they make it so difficult to actually give them money.
    FinityTwelie
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Besides; Plenty of events give free Pon!
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited April 14, 2018
    While most of people are used to Nexon being Nexon...
    I hate limited sale, why 99% of new stuff have to be limited? I hate that every single new hairs are gachapon only. This probably means we are never, ever going to get polygon revamp on old hairs. They are going to stay fugly forever since Nexon won't want to discourage gachapon sales.
    To me, character customization is first impression when deciding game to play. I've given up on some games because I didn't like how the characters look. Only reason I stayed to play mabinogi is because I knew about game beforehand(and there wasn't any beauty gachas back then). As of now this game's customization option is very limited (and imo, ugly) compared to other games(which most customization options comes for free) IF you don't have a lot of money in game to buy beauty coupons/wigs- which many new players won't have.

I hope Nexon take a look at their 'first impression' and wonder why they are not getting many new player on mabi because this looks like they just gave up on getting new players. This isn't going to impress anyone in 2018.
    wAxi47d.jpg
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited April 14, 2018
    The game is "good enough" and will sustain itself for a long time without major work (money) going into it. Just a couple of events here and there, some new outfits, re-release old pets with a new hat, and it stays alive generating money for another year. In a way, this is fair, as the game is free and a lot of money already went into developing it in the first place.
    Greta
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Finity wrote: »
    While most of people are used to Nexon being Nexon...
    I hate limited sale, why 99% of new stuff have to be limited? I hate that every single new hairs are gachapon only. This probably means we are never, ever going to get polygon revamp on old hairs. They are going to stay fugly forever since Nexon won't want to discourage gachapon sales.
    To me, character customization is first impression when deciding game to play. I've given up on some games because I didn't like how the characters look. Only reason I stayed to play mabinogi is because I knew about game beforehand(and there wasn't any beauty gachas back then). As of now this game's customization option is very limited (and imo, ugly) compared to other games(which most customization options comes for free) IF you don't have a lot of money in game to buy beauty coupons/wigs- which many new players won't have.

I hope Nexon take a look at their 'first impression' and wonder why they are not getting many new player on mabi because this looks like they just gave up on getting new players. This isn't going to impress anyone in 2018.
    wAxi47d.jpg

True. I can't understand why they won't make the beginner hairstyles halfway passable. They don't have to be amazing, but they also don't have to look the way they do. A little touch up work on the texture could go a long way.
  • Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    I do think that they go too far with the exclusivity on beauty coupons. Not only did it cost me 3m, but I had to wait 4 or 5 months from my discovery of the hairstyle for any Male Patissier Hair Coupons to even pop up at all on Ruairi. That also happens to be the only premium hairstyle that I wanted.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    giphy.gif
    Let me play you a sad song on the world's smallest violin.
    Greta
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    This feedback/suggestion is basically "make coupon hairstyles buyable with pon" but written in a more longwinded, incoherent manner.

Almost everyone in this thread would have agreed with you, OP, if you had used different words.
    TairikuSunfallSky
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Punctuation...

Use it.
    LeineiGretaSephichiefSunfallSkyTwelie
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    You quit over... hair? My character has been the same for about 5-6 years...
    GretaSephichiefSunfallSky
  • SunfallSkySunfallSky
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    The only valid thing I see in this post is that the argument for improvement in graphics could be brought up. I'm not really active in the Mabi community so I don't know how much it gets talked about. But I wouldn't really care what hair my character had as long as the graphics weren't shoddy. And some of the beginning hair its just awful, so they could improve that. I have to say though, I would never quit a game over not having the hairstyle I wanted. Especially when there are so many other things to like about this game. And back on the subject of hair, after that re-release of beauty gach there were lots of good hair coupons being sold for a reasonable price, so I don't know if I'm missing the point here but this post seems petty to me.

But I don't think OP will see this anyway since they quit. Oh well.