Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Maximum Permissible Inventory

BronzebreakBronzebreak
Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
edited September 12, 2023 in Game Guides
Obviously super outdated, and we still can't delete these. :^)

Feel free to me @ me on Discord for updated version(s).

Original Post:
I do the math so that you don't have to. I will attempt to update this as each item gets replaced with a more efficient equivalent.

Total permissible inventory for people who do not have VIP;

2.7m (50,000*54) Gold
Based on a Large Gold Purse filled with 27 each of Lorna and Pans' Special Gold Coin Box

plus

420 slots of equipment only
Based on one Simon's Equipment Bag, Luxury Equipment Bag, and Anniversary Luxury Equipment Bag

plus

1236 slots of any type
Based on one Lorna's 10th Anniversary Festival Bag, one each of Lorna's Adventure/Carasek/Black/Star Bag, one Birnam Mini Pouch/Knapsack/Flat Pouch, 7 Detective Squirrel Doll Bags, and a Moonlight Hammer Ferghus Doll Bag.

plus

96 inventory from Potential Level 1440

plus

60 slots of Special inventory.

MY SPREADSHEET HAS NOT FACTORED IN DRAWSTRING POUCHES YET.

Comments

• ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    17 Moonlight Hammer Ferghus Doll Bags
    You can only have one in inventory.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited April 10, 2018
    571c4c7f2a.jpg
    this is what I use (1735 squares granted some are specialized inventory like gold pouches/totems/etc.), granted i know the triple and double doll bags aren't technically "most efficient" (I use them for convenience and stats), the most efficient being just using 8x7 bags and then probably a birman vertical thingy for the last 3 squares (or literally a birman flat pouch and have 1 lingering square; doing this would give an extra 24-25 squares total). I could be way wrong since I took about 3 years off.

Out of 1735 squares:
    420 (lol) equipment only
    120 bard only
    54 gold only
    48 totem only
    1093 free inventory
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    edited April 16, 2018
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited April 10, 2018
    Maia wrote: »
    571c4c7f2a.jpg
    this is what I use (1735 squares granted some are specialized inventory like gold pouches/totems/etc.), granted i know the triple and double doll bags aren't technically "most efficient" (I use them for convenience and stats), the most efficient being just using 8x7 bags and then probably a birman vertical thingy for the last 3 squares (or literally a birman flat pouch and have 1 lingering square; doing this would give an extra 24-25 squares total). I could be way wrong since I took about 3 years off.

Out of 1735 squares:
    420 (lol) equipment only
    120 bard only
    54 gold only
    48 totem only
    1093 free inventory

I'm very confused, can you have more than one Birman mini pouch? Is that what I'm seeing here? Because I see three...I think?
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Wat

I didn't find this information anywhere, is the wiki stale... again? :P
    Some people already tested that out when it was released. Otherwise you would see ppl having tons of it in their inventory lol since many players alt abuse it
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    edited October 10, 2018
    *deleted* (lost my screenshot, so nvm) D:
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    courtneyy wrote: »
    pzsDLQEZ

Pretty sure my bag collection illustrates the maximum amount of 'general' item space you can obtain with bags (also not shown is max soul stream). The only thing I'm missing is a black bag in place of that birnam knapsack. If anyone knows a current better bag method for the most space share it with me, I love looking at bag collections!

Also, I'm not using bard bag or chef bag because I go for the maximum amount of "General" item space. I don't like bags that restrict me to only being able to hold certain items, since I can just tag a normal bag to hold whatever specific item I want for the most part.

Sidenote: When trying to pick up another Moonlight Ferghus Doll Bag it states "You can only have one of this bag".

But you can have more than one Birman mini pouch?
  • ShroomsterShroomster
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    edited April 15, 2018

those are probably the new gold purses

I think if Maia replaces her starlet and triple bags with Squirrel detectives (and trading the bard for flat pouch if you don't use music), she would have essentially best bag setup. I'd keep the hunter/chef duo bag because it gives the best damage bonus when summoned alongside moonlight ferghus.

squirrel bags naturally decrease if you want the special function bags : alchemy, chef, hillwen, shyllien, bolt/javelin (NOT arrow). as those are more efficient if you keep those kinds of things around like I do.

The most essential bags are 11x11 shop bag (event), Carasek, Star, Black (barely even exists), Moonlight Ferghus (event, quintessential doll bag), the 3 equipment bags (unless well organized/focused), Lorna, Large Gold Purse (+ Medium Gold Purse because why not, beating out your birman mini by 1 row)

The rest are up to what you want, as half your screen is gone to your inventory by now.
    WolfandWolf
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Shroomster wrote: »

those are probably the new gold purses
    Maia wrote: »
    571c4c7f2a.jpg

54 gold only

Has to be a single large gold pouch, as even medium + small =72.

I think if Maia replaces her starlet and triple bags with Squirrel detectives (and trading the bard for flat pouch if you don't use music), she would have essentially best bag setup. I'd keep the hunter/chef duo bag because it gives the best damage bonus when summoned alongside moonlight ferghus.

squirrel bags naturally decrease if you want the special function bags : alchemy, chef, hillwen, shyllien, bolt/javelin (NOT arrow). as those are more efficient if you keep those kinds of things around like I do.

The most essential bags are 11x11 shop bag (event), Carasek, Star, Black (barely even exists), Moonlight Ferghus (event, quintessential doll bag), the 3 equipment bags (unless well organized/focused), Lorna, Large Gold Purse (+ Medium Gold Purse because why not, beating out your birman mini by 1 row)
    hammer, nail.
  • ShroomsterShroomster
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    The totem bag also has that shape. I forgot about it, lol.
    Birman Mini, Gold Purses, and the Totem bags all look the same, I think. I haven't seen a Small Totem Bag but I assume it's the same.
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Shroomster wrote: »
    The totem bag also has that shape. I forgot about it, lol.
    Birman Mini, Gold Purses, and the Totem bags all look the same, I think. I haven't seen a Small Totem Bag but I assume it's the same.

No, the small totem bag looks exactly like a Birnam Flat pouch; 2x1