Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

We need animu graphics 2018

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
edited April 16, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
SwordArtOnlineFatalBullet5_thumb.jpg

Mabinogi is like a rare gem that can be polished and kill a good % of the MMORPG competition and advance to the next generation, but before all that we need a new engine too.

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I feel like this is a joke, yet it got moved to the Suggestions thread

But if it's serious, yeah new graphics would be nice but it's not really needed. That'd probably be the last thing we'd get.
    A new engine definitely. Pleione engine needs to go or have some serious work on.
    GretaYangKoeteTairikuSunfallSky
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited April 17, 2018
    (edit* corrected. Thanks, Giegue) Mabinogi: Heroes, AKA Vindictus, looks like this:
    vindictuss24726Q1fW4g72.jpg
    2012_06_22_0030.jpg

Mabinogi Mobile looks like this:
    04.jpg?type=w1200
    03.jpg?type=w1200

And, just for reference, here is a ps4 game with high quality anime graphics.
    maxresdefault.jpg

• SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Harukari wrote: »

But if it's serious, yeah new graphics would be nice but it's not really needed. That'd probably be the last thing we'd get.
    A new engine definitely. Pleione engine needs to go or have some serious work on.

Well, first I posted this in general talk, but then someone moved it here and makes no sense since this kind of request have never reached the devs or they dont care....
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Mabinogi 2, AKA Mabinogi: Heroes, AKA Vindictus, looks like this:
    2012_06_22_0030.jpg

04.jpg?type=w1200
    03.jpg?type=w1200

maxresdefault.jpg

And i still prefer current Mabinogi look. These look so awkward. Especially mobile one.
    SunfallSky
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Sheena wrote: »

Well, first I posted this in general talk, but then someone moved it here and makes no sense since this kind of request have never reached the devs or they dont care....

it is probably a little of both. we have to post a lot about something before it reaches Nexon KR or before they bother reading it and even then there is probably only a 1% chance they will take it seriously or do something about it for the NA version. a new engine or finally updating pleione engine would be great but I see nothing wrong with the current look mabi has.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Mabinogi 2, AKA Mabinogi: Heroes, AKA Vindictus, looks like this:
    2012_06_22_0030.jpg

04.jpg?type=w1200
    03.jpg?type=w1200

maxresdefault.jpg

Vindictus technically isn't Mabinogi 2, Because this is Mabinogi 2:
    mabinogi2_02.jpg
    mabinogi-2-arena.jpg

(This game was cancelled due to negative reception, and is newer than Vindictus)

Anyway.
    I think a stronger graphics engine for Mabinogi would be nice! though I have to say the screenshot used by OP is one ugly example. Just a better engine and some smoother, HD versions of existing models would be nice.
    YangKoete
  • HarukariHarukari
    Giegue wrote: »
    Anyway.
    I think a stronger graphics engine for Mabinogi would be nice! though I have to say the screenshot used by OP is one ugly example. Just a better engine and some smoother, HD versions of existing models would be nice.

I would also like to see realistic physics to characters.
    Examples: Hair flowing when walking around(Same for wigs when equipped), instead of just being stiff all the time, outfits that have flow to them like SAO outfits when you use the Action skill. Jiggle physics for females(Like Nao)

THICCthighssavelivesSunfallSkyTwelie
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Please just repurpose the peria engine. It has all the cool stuff this game needs and it looks beautiful. It also retains the anime style unlike vindi.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited April 18, 2018
    Jiggle physics for females(Like Nao)

If we're gonna do that I want it toggable. I don't want to see 10 year olds running around with bouncing boobies. I want the option to NOT see any boob physics.
    NifanityTairikuSunfallSkyTwelie
    10 year old characters are all flat.
  • HarukariHarukari
    If we're gonna do that I want it toggable. I don't want to see 10 year olds running around with bouncing boobies. I want the option to NOT see any boob physics.

I lol'd.
    I was mainly joking about that part anyway.
    I was being more serious about the hair/wigs having flow to it and outfits not being so stiff.
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900

I lol'd.
    I was mainly joking about that part anyway.
    I was being more serious about the hair/wigs having flow to it and outfits not being so stiff.

Yeah I got to agree with you there. It would be nice if outfits and hair actually didn't act like cardboard lol. It's so painfully noticeable with the longer hair varieties and outfits with capes.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Lmao guys. I feel awkward reading all of this.
    HarukariWolfandWolf
  • KyaryKyary
    Mabinogi Rep: 650
    I agree, if they updated the graphics and fixed the lag I feel like it would bring more new players in, however I feel like this may not ever happen :-(
  • SephichiefSephichief
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    The way I see it, updating the engine to run better would be a higher priority than graphics. The problem is, the engine is only 32-bit, which means it won't be capable of using more RAM or multi-threading in order to make the game run better. The only way to fix that is to convert all of the code to be in a 64-bit engine. Sounds easy, but this is actually incredibly time-consuming compared to delivering a new or recycled event. Plus, the people responsible for Mabinogi itself still use Internet Explorer for their surveys and in-game shop pages, which makes it even less likely that Devcat will embrace "new" in general.
  • MIIUMIIU
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    edited April 20, 2018
    I'ts hard for me to play in shadow and dungeon with the lag killing me its like the monster can stop time to just have a chance to hit me Jesus Mabi still haven't fix the problem after I just return thanks for the title but hmm starting to thing they will never fix the problem with he lag. That's the only reason why I stop playing, cause its unplayable.
    https://gph.to/2vCbyCM
    Sephichief wrote: »
    The way I see it, updating the engine to run better would be a higher priority than graphics. The problem is, the engine is only 32-bit, which means it won't be capable of using more RAM or multi-threading in order to make the game run better. The only way to fix that is to convert all of the code to be in a 64-bit engine. Sounds easy, but this is actually incredibly time-consuming compared to delivering a new or recycled event. Plus, the people responsible for Mabinogi itself still use Internet Explorer for their surveys and in-game shop pages, which makes it even less likely that Devcat will embrace "new" in general.

To get past the 2GB RAM limit, just enable the "large address aware" flag. Not a good idea to do it blindly though.

Maybe mabi just uses the system's default browser. Have you tried changing your default web browser? I have not changed it, so I don't know.
  • SephichiefSephichief
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    edited April 21, 2018
    To get past the 2GB RAM limit, just enable the "large address aware" flag.

I'm tech-savvy enough to know how to use Regedit, but I have no idea what that means. I did it, and I'm not sure if it's making much of a difference. Either that, or the changes didn't take effect because of the game's launcher.
    Maybe mabi just uses the system's default browser. Have you tried changing your default web browser? I have not changed it, so I don't know.

I use Chrome.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Hair flowing and blinking eyes would be nice. Actual hands (fingers), feet (toes), navels, etc. would be nice. As for the graphics of the backgrounds and whatnot... that'd also be nice, but honestly, like some others here I don't truly feel like any of these are --absolutely-- needed. I find that cities like Emain Macha or the landscapes in Iria are still quite impressive given their time. Not to discourage the notion of upping the graphics... it's just... well that stuff might not do some PCs well, but then again I'm not well informed on that particular subject.

Other than Vindictus, which has a different style that suits it in its own right, I feel like all the pictures for the 3D anime games listed look rather awkward. Christa's hair... doesn't look/feel like its actually part of her head (I don't know--maybe its the angle? =S), I'm not a fan of the Sword Art Online art style (but that's just me), and Mabinogi Mobile looks... uh... I don't know how to say it. The 3D graphics look very... Remember that game Runescape (if I'm even allowed to say it here), it looks kind of like the old-school version of that. I'm sure I've seen mobile games with better looking 3D graphics. Huh. 0.o

Now, the in-game actions and animations you see used in the story quest cutscenes and whatnot... I think some of those could be improved on/delivered better since they do look pretty stiff at times, but that's a different topic and also not too much of a big deal. =p
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    I personally would like better models for players. Make the joints look better at the shoulders, give us proper hands and make some older outfits look slightly more detailed.

For environment, I want fewer 2D images placed over things (Potato barrels, railings, etc). That's about it.
    SunfallSky