Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The sound of rain ingame creeps me out

YssedkradYssedkrad
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in General Chat
Everytime it rains, and i hear it louder and better with my headset, it sounds like to my far left, someone is singing or something. It seriously gave me chills before i realised it came from the game and during the rain. I honestly would like to know if anyone else know about this and if anyone know what exactly it is.

Comments

• WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I don't hear singing, but a soft metallic clink every so often. I think it's just the sound bite restarting.
    pawcalypse
  • EncrovianEncrovian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Personally i think it's annoying as hell cuz it reminds me of a song i've heard before and to hear it on a constant loop...? -_-
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I don't hear singing, but a soft metallic clink every so often. I think it's just the sound bite restarting.

It's not every so often it's like every 2-3 seconds. O_o
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Gaea wrote: »

True enough. I try to ignore it, sometimes with success. I'm not sure what could be done to fix it other than for them to re-record the sound bite, which I'm not sure they'd do.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

True enough. I try to ignore it, sometimes with success. I'm not sure what could be done to fix it other than for them to re-record the sound bite, which I'm not sure they'd do.

That sound in the background of the rain has been there since game launch. It's almost like an affectation of the game and is something I highly doubt anyone would bother fixing. Honestly I kinda wouldn't want them to fix it. It's also part of the game's nostalgia.
    WolfandWolf
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    aah-yaa-yaa
    ah-ya-ya
    ah-ya-ya
    RedetsuRadiant Dawn
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    The rain... it speaks to usss...
    pawcalypse
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 20, 2018
    You guys okay? Someone is singing in rain? Wat...
    Maybe you just heard someone training Song skill far away... lol.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    After turning the volume up, I totally heard the call. Now I call out too.
    pawcalypse
  • YuuzuruYuuzuru
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Finally after a few years, someone mentions this.
    The rain sound reminds me of the Blink 182 song, "Down"
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Yuuzuru wrote: »
    Finally after a few years, someone mentions this.
    The rain sound reminds me of the Blink 182 song, "Down"

I think there was such thread like year ago or less.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I am curious what it is though. To me it sounds like an unhinged gate wafting in the wind somewhere. Or perhaps even a type of frog. I wonder if we could get the devs to reveal this 10 year old mystery.
    WolfandWolfOneConfusedMilletian
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    I am curious what it is though. To me it sounds like an unhinged gate wafting in the wind somewhere. Or perhaps even a type of frog. I wonder if we could get the devs to reveal this 10 year old mystery.

I always thought it was rain clinking on something metallic. At least I pretend it is, regardless of whether there is something metallic nearby in-game.
  • SoraHakuDASoraHakuDA
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,545
    I've heard it too! But to me it sounds like a rooster singing x'D Whatever it is, it's annoying. Because once you hear it for the first time, you can't unhear it.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    edited April 22, 2018
    it plays 3 descending notes over and over
    like some kind of wind instrument
    i hate it

i posted a thread about it years ago in the old forum so it's gone now but back then people told me i was hearing things >:[
    glad others actually hear it now

edit: made a dang video
    my chara goes into combat mode when the sound is happening
    lil bit delayed cuz my reaction time is terrible but should be good enough
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Some ppl notice it more than others. This has been going on since the beginning of the game as already stated. It is really annoying for those who can hear it and hear nothing but that. Most of the time people just move to another place that isn't raining or just have regular music playing while they play. One could request and petition for them to re-modify the sound of rain.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Its literally so quiet i don't even hear it over the rain noise
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Daktaro wrote: »
    it plays 3 descending notes over and over
    like some kind of wind instrument
    i hate it

i posted a thread about it years ago in the old forum so it's gone now but back then people told me i was hearing things >:[
    glad others actually hear it now

edit: made a dang video
    my chara goes into combat mode when the sound is happening
    lil bit delayed cuz my reaction time is terrible but should be good enough

Well since you guys got your COMMAS, maybe they will fix that. :|

But really, I really really do NOT want them to fix this. It's part of mabinogi's nostalgia. I remember that sound when I started playing 10 years ago. Please don't take it away. :(
  • WolfenstinWolfenstin
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    edited April 23, 2018
    At first I was wondering what the heck you were talking about, then I heard it. It's one of those things you don't really notice until someone points it out.
    Sounds to me like howling more than singing though.
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    You hear the rain getting progressively louder? And when you do something like open your inventory, the volume resets, right? This has been happening ever since I got this new desktop. If this is occurring for you, then maybe it isn't just me.