Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[solved] Nexon Launcher won't open at all

papatuluspapatulus
Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
edited April 26, 2018 in Technical Support
Hi,

Since this morning whenever I have tried to open the nexon launcher I have been unable to. It will load briefly, before closing. I've uninstalled, reset my computer, tried running as an admin and tried disabling my antivirus. Nothing.

I peeked into nexon_runtime_stderr.log which threw this at me:
2018-04-26 19:26:12 Exception in thread Thread-22:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python34\Lib\threading.py", line 911, in _bootstrap_inner
File "C:\Python34\Lib\threading.py", line 859, in run
File "<string>", line 3, in __run_modules
File "modules\m_loader.py", line 434, in run_modules
File "modules\m_loader.py", line 196, in fix_autorun_shortcut
File "C:\Python34\Lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 351, in __init__
OSError: [WinError 1005] The volume does not contain a recognized file system.
Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted
2018-04-26 19:26:12

Now, for a long while I've had a hardware problem with my old d:/ drive, where it got stuck inside the machine and without basically tearing the whole thing apart I've been unable to get it out. Because of how it's in there the PC thinks it's still connected and won't believe it's been removed. I don't really know whats up with it and I'm scared to like, format or force disconnect it incase I lose what was on there.

BUT that has been an issue for well over a year by this point, and up until today I have had no issue opening up the nexon launcher. Neither mabinogi nor any of the other nexon games are anywhere near the d:/ drive, and it shouldn't be looking at it. (I am assuming here it's the d:/ drive its referring to since none of my other drives seem to have problems).

This may be out of the scope of just the mabinogi forums, but if anyone has any ideas for getting this sorted, I'd really like to get my attendance stamps ;-;

Comments

• papatuluspapatulus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    edited April 26, 2018
    OK, so, I've solved this problem. For whatever bizarre reason, it WAS the frustrating broken d:/ drive. I went into device management and removed the letter from it and... it works? I can only hope I didn't accidentally break something somewhere else too, but for now it works again. Weird. unfortunately I can't delete posts!
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited April 26, 2018
    You don't have to delete such posts, and other people experiencing the same issues can see what there is in them and the history of your solutions =)