Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

@Nexon, it's time to stop.

OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
in Feedback and Suggestions
Gold buyers win out, every single time now.

I spent $60 on new gach, and got maybe a few mill in items, and not a SINGLE item from the new list.

Been playing Nexon games since 2007, and Mabinogi since 2009.

I AM one of your supporters, and the last 4 gach releases have given me jackall worthwhile, meanwhile, I'm undercutting other gachers by a couple hundred thousand gold on items I paid 1.50 USD for, and then gold buyers come around and get the newest, top tier items in the gach for 20m each (20m is like $30 or something), meanwhile I get next to nothing for supporting you directly.

I get nothing from the "new" items list for supporting you. Why do you do this to your supporters?

Yes, it is random, yes I know that; but how can you justify the outcome? Would it really hurt you to give me ONE new item?

You need to stop eyeing those Whales and take a step back and really see how bad you're making it for your longtime supporters by giving them crap for supporting you.

Now I'll talk about non-premium stuff.

Rare materials should be rare, but attainable.

High value items should be worked for, but not for months at a time.

So non premium players who can solo most end game stuff have to work WEEKS for a few mil? That's just ridiculous.

Whoever has you by the sensitive parts to make the game this way needs to be fired.
SorrowwolfeTHICCthighssavelivesSibTaboishiSheenaSunfallSkySoraHakuDAMaugre

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 26, 2018
    That's extreme, no one needs to be fired. You suck for saying something like that so blatantly.

Also you're probably trying to earn gold the wrong way or are just too lazy. If you don't like the gacha then don't buy it. A lot of us are actually skipping this one. You have only yourself to blame.

3HpWRPC.png
    LeineiBuffalosAzurexrinBronzebreakYangKoeteSoraHakuDA
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Just gonna say two words...

...Gambling addiction.
    LeineiCrimsọnAzurexrinYangKoeteSheena
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Gaea wrote: »
    That's extreme, no one needs to be fired. You suck for saying something like that so blatantly.

Also you're probably trying to earn gold wrong or are just too lazy. If you don't like the gacha then don't buy it. A lot of us are actually skipping this one. You have only yourself to blame.

3HpWRPC.png

Yeah no, one persons greedy decisions affect hundreds of players, so no, it's not extreme.

Also no one even likes you on this forum so shut it.

I wanted to get my wife the junior outfit because it's cute, also the Sonata burn is perfect for her.

But I got neither. I'd say a lot worse to you specifically but I shall refrain.
    NeynaChaosShadowSebastianTairiku
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Greta wrote: »

...Gambling addiction.

Try again, it's called disposable income.

Imagine if you had some if you worked for a living and then a company just gives you next to nothing for it lol.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited April 26, 2018
    I already voiced my opinions in the official thread about this gacha, although they're not the same complaints as yours. it seems like they didn;t try with this gacha. They just tossed in a bunch of crap from the previous gacha along with some more crap no one wants from a gacha in October, then threw the new items in at atrociously low rates. It's the worst gacha in months, that's for sure.... and I won't even say much about the horses. if someone wants to pay a little extra for a re-skinned cosmic stallion then that's their business. it doesn't bother me that much, but the price could have still been a bit lower with the ability to buy the horse by itself separately
    GretaSorrowwolfeCrimsọnSphyra21
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited April 26, 2018
    Odinwolfe wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

...Gambling addiction.

Try again, it's called disposable income.

Imagine if you had some if you worked for a living and then a company just gives you next to nothing for it lol.

Are they promising you will get something good? no.
    Are they forcing you to buy gacha? No.
    You are given a choice to spend your money on gacha or other things. You picked gacha.

Saying someone should be fired is disgusting, would you like it if someone told you that you should be fired from your job? No one likes that crap.

Also cry me a river with the whole "I wanted to get my wife something" My husband tried the whole time to get me two-toned eyes and didn't get them. Youknow what he did? nothing. He didn't cry on the forums or complain or anything.
    GretaLeineiShouKCrimsọnSurreptitiouslyAzurexrinTairiku
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 26, 2018

Wow...
    I wanted to get my wife the junior outfit because it's cute, also the Sonata burn is perfect for her.

More like.. Gaea burn. Heh.

*da bum tss*

P.S: Did you just try to mention (@) Nexon at the thread title? Lol? I hope this is not the case.

LeineiCrimsọnAzurexrin
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Gaea wrote: »

Also you're probably trying to earn gold wrong or are just too lazy. If you don't like the gacha then don't buy it. A lot of us are actually skipping this one. You have only yourself to blame.

3HpWRPC.png

Yeah no, one persons greedy decisions affect hundreds of players, so no, it's not extreme.

But I got neither. I'd say a lot worse to you specifically but I shall refrain.

hqdefault.jpg
    LeineiAzurexrinKtty
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Got-Ya.
    Crimsọn
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 26, 2018
    Yeah, I guess you could cure a ham with the salt here. OP, I get you're frustrated, but Nexon NA only implements what Nexon KR tells them to. They don't create the drop rates, that's KR. Saying someone needs to be fired for something and then being rude to Gaea for calling you out on it are the acts of a petulant child.

Moving on. Here's some info regarding earning money. I've mentioned it before and I'll do it again. Albey Red Dungeon in Tir Na Nog. Get a small red gem (literally called that, don't use a ruby/garnet) and go to Albey and drop it. You'll collect Skeleton/Red Skeleton/Metal Skeleton Fomor Scrolls. I easily can get a million in a day just by collecting these and turning them in for quests (in stacks of 10) sold by Eaven (Dunbarton, blonde lady in the middle of town), but I'm a bit on the lazy side. I also play on an alternate character, so if you're end-game, you can easily do this.

Skeleton Fomor Scrolls x 10 = 11,700 gold
    Red Skeleton Fomor Scrolls x 10 = 16,650 gold
    Metal Skeleton Fomor Scrolls x 10 = 23,850 gold
    Mimic Fomor Scrolls x 10 = 12,000 gold

Rinse, lather, repeat. So long as you keep dropping Small Red Gems, you'll continue fighting these monsters, among Wisps and Werewolves. Trade the scrolls in with the Quests and you get money. You can even use throwaway weapons (I use cheap Zeders and Mana Bullets), so you're not dinging your end-game gear.
    MizukiHayamaCrimsọnYangKoeteGretaChaosShadow
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I want to add that NA does cut out A LOT of junk from our gachas. They really do before the release the gachas here because our GM's know the rates are crap. They do what they can to improve the odds. If you think it's bad now - can you imagine how bad it would be if they released KR's version? I bet you would go ahead and drop those bombs you're refraining from stating on here to me.

I've been burned before by gachas, numerous times. I will admit I can get pretty salty, but I don't lash out at anyone because...I made a choice whether to buy the gacha or not. This one I am definitely skipping. Try and make more sound financial decisions in the future.
    LeineiYangKoete
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    edited April 26, 2018
    Man, that's just sad.

A whole lot of Masochists and Nexondrones on this forum.

How can you defend this? lol.
    @gaea I'll just support a game you enjoy FOR you. You're welcome.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    edited April 26, 2018
    If you're trying to get specific items, why not just buy them off other people? If you're going to spend real cash might as well spend it on something you're guaranteed a selling price on.

0de5dd243fb02f63ce2b04d689ed5a5cad514da4adec66f3da707f94b73372d7.jpg
    LeineiCrimsọnZero2021[Deleted User]PoyopoyoYangKoeteTwelieSheena
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 26, 2018
    Man, that's just sad.

Aren't you a masochist yourself for buying gachas? Lol. Kettle calling the pot black.
    Also can you educate me what is Nexondrone? Is that a drone ran by Nexon or what? Please tell me. I'm really curious. Google isn't helping.
    LeineiCrimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 26, 2018
    Man, that's just sad.

I support it when I can or want to. None of us here are masochists or nexondrones for our comments in this thread of yours. It's just we're at the mercy of KR's economy. You have to understand their business tactics are way different from NA's. We're trying to make them understand, carefully - because our community is at risk. It's like trying to talk to a brick wall, they don't want to introduce new stuff to North America differently from their community. If their business tactics don't work here, they will shut us down.

That's the awful truth. You disgust me with your comments because our staff really do try and do what they can for us. We've already lost a couple GM's this year. Please be a little more tactful with your frustrations, because we get it. We really do. Our GM's really do feel bad for our situation and comments like yours just make their jobs worse.
    LeineiSkaidrojumi
  • SurreptitiouslySurreptitiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,560
    edited April 26, 2018

Took me a while to find a family friendly one.

Anyways this is neither something new nor is it actually surprising/something to care about. If you tossed the 15~57$ away and actually expected Lady Luck to shine upon you, you gotta give me what you're on because it'd help a lot with the times of black despair and absence of hope... Like seeing this thread! If you're that worried about getting your money's worth try another game, cause at least nexon doesn't force you to tattoo "BORN TO LOSE" on your hands like most mobages.

Also great argument calling other folks "masochists and Nexondrones", really told us all there, I'll have to cry to me mum about how I was bullied online by some dork.
    LeineiCrimsọnYokkaichi
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 26, 2018
    Man, that's just sad.

Ok, buddy, you want to open that can of worms? Fine. You've played this game since 2009, by your own admission. Therefore, Nexon's gacha pattern should be nothing new for you, and yet you're still buying it even though it obviously bothers you how gacha is handled. So in that essence, who is the masochist? No one is forcing you to buy it. Give it some time, ask if others buy it and what their pulls are like, and base your purchases on such. It's called research. People looking to buy something that costs a good amount of coin tend to do that before spending it or at least they should. It's not like the gacha is here for a day and gone the next, you have plenty of time to look into it. If you ask a question on the page regarding the gacha, and find no one is replying, assume the pulls are bad and don't go for it. Save the money! Just because it's disposable income (good for you for having that by the way! (\(^_^)/)) doesn't mean you have to use it as soon as something comes out.

@Greta Awesome I see we're on the same mindset. I was still typing mine up while you posted yours. =D
    GretaMizukiHayamaCrimsọnPeloiRedetsuTairiku
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    True end gamers don’t need weeks to earn a few mil.

No one is forcing you to buy gacha lol Your decision. You can always just buy it off other players if there’s a specific item you want.
    LeineiCrimsọnPeloi
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    How do you spend 9 years playing Mabinogi and still not understand how gachapons work?
    LeineiCrimsọnMizukiHayamaPeloiShouKSunfallSky
  • EncrovianEncrovian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Well uh, i can understand the salt...and i understand the wanting to come to forums to complain cuz a lot of us experienced what ur dealing with, all i can say tho is....nexowned. :C RNG sucks gurl~
    Crimsọn