Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alyn Musical Quest Teen

BlunessBluness
Mabinogi Rep: 700
in Help
So tell me how are you supposed to complete the "do a daily shadow mission" part of the rua quest when you had to wait 5 real hours for rua to spawn? If anyone has any info other than im SOL until tomorrow it would be appreciated.

Comments

• downbookdownbook
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    edited April 27, 2018
    5 Real hours? the next two times she appears after the time of your posting and according to the tracker is 10:39AM Pacific Time and 11:15AM Pacific Time (Which is roughly 1 hour and 1.5 hours from the time of your post)

Also not sure if this works, but you can go to her house and talk to her when she is not working if you completed her side quest or have someone who done it get you in through a pet.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    http://archive.mabi.world/
    Right side of the screen.
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Rua has to be talked to at the club, you can't go to her house.
    And you can do the daily shadow mission even if you don't have the quest for it.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    And you can do the daily shadow mission even if you don't have the quest for it.

I completed both daily shadow missions along with their daily quest before taking on the Alyn quest. After finding Rua, I was not able to complete the Alyn quest that day because re-doing that day's daily missions did not count. Sadly, the Alyn quest in progress removed itself overnight and on the next day I was back to the "choose path" stage.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Yokkaichi wrote: »

I completed both daily shadow missions along with their daily quest before taking on the Alyn quest. After finding Rua, I was not able to complete the Alyn quest that day because re-doing that day's daily missions did not count. Sadly, the Alyn quest in progress removed itself overnight and on the next day I was back to the "choose path" stage.

Same, and then the day after I fell asleep waiting for Rua, lol.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited April 30, 2018
    ^ Same story, except I missed it a second time because my Shadow Mission expired and disappeared a few days ago. I really should have checked the wiki first.

On another note, I was expecting Alyn to take music and composing lessons from Briana, Yvona, and/or Nele when it said "something fun and musical", not mess around in an adult club with Rua. =/

Edit: Oh... fun and musical, emphasis on the fun part. Guess I didn't expect Alyn to want that kind of "fun", heh. >.>;
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    So I've continued failing at doing this event as quickly as I'd like, but thankfully they've been quite lenient.

On the positive side, I've unwittingly tested and confirmed that the 'daily bonus' is what needs to be done for the quest.

Yesterday I ran the Tara daily, did NOT complete the quest, and then ran Tail. Afterwards I started the quest for Alyn, completed the Tara daily quest, then ran the Tail daily and completed that quest, and it still didn't count for 'Complete a Daily Shadow Mission'.

I have also tried doing the VIP daily, but it hasn't counted for me (a non-member). I'd be interested in knowing if it has counted for others.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 3, 2018
    So I've continued failing at doing this event as quickly as I'd like, but thankfully they've been quite lenient.

On the positive side, I've unwittingly tested and confirmed that the 'daily bonus' is what needs to be done for the quest.

Yesterday I ran the Tara daily, did NOT complete the quest, and then ran Tail. Afterwards I started the quest for Alyn, completed the Tara daily quest, then ran the Tail daily and completed that quest, and it still didn't count for 'Complete a Daily Shadow Mission'.

I have also tried doing the VIP daily, but it hasn't counted for me (a non-member). I'd be interested in knowing if it has counted for others.

All you need to do is run the Daily Shadow Mission. Daily VIP only counts if you are a VIP player. You do NOT have to complete the [DAILY] quest. Do NOT run the Daily Shadow Mission BEFORE talking to Alyn.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    talking to Rua is a pain, the longest I waited was when she didn't show up for 7 mabi days straight which was like 3 or 4 hours or something. other times she will just show up in 1 or 2 days usually. really wish her spawn time wasn't completely random.
    KingEphy
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 5, 2018
    Negumiko wrote: »
    talking to Rua is a pain, the longest I waited was when she didn't show up for 7 mabi days straight which was like 3 or 4 hours or something. other times she will just show up in 1 or 2 days usually. really wish her spawn time wasn't completely random.

I agree. She works like ~15-20 minutes and then she rests for freaking like 2-3 hours. I still don't understand her spawning pattern, but i assume it's probably really long since i researched it in this website, pressing the "+" button and every time it was slightly different. It's ridiculously inconvenient, especially when i work and i try to catch her right before/after work, because she wouldn't appear for at least another 2 hours and i don't have much time since i need to work/sleep/etc. I was lucky enough that she spawned around time when i'm just back at home.