Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Has the game died?

Gagso20Gagso20
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in Mari Chat
I used to play when G1 was released and there were plenty of players throughout the years. I however over the last few years have only logged on to tell people I'm still here and to message me on something else if they wanted to talk and such again. I'm thinking of coming back but I'm curious, is it worth it? Is the community of the game still alive and well or has it pretty much died off and there is barely anybody playing anymore.

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Right now you can find most players on channel 1 (the current market channel). The population on our server has declined over the years, some going to other servers and others taking breaks from the game, etc, but imo it's still worth a return for any content you have missed out on.
    Rastlin
  • NanocaNanoca
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    G1, the "world" was much smaller. There has been some population loss, but what there is of that population, is spread over a MUCH larger area.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    At the end of the day I suppose it would depend on what you consider to be "alive and well" and "died off". As previously pointed out, the population has declined over the years, but I feel like that sort of thing is natural with these kinds of games as their age shows and newer ones come out. I think it's worth coming back to if you intend to do more than just dailies or go AFK-mode in towns. Most of the active, chatty people are in Dunbarton and Belvast Island on Channel 1. There's also the Royal Banquet in the Tara Rath Castle every Saturday which in itself is a social gathering.
    Rastlin
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    People age and grow and eventually leave the nest, but are still able to come back and roost from time to time.
  • Gagso20Gagso20
    Fluorette wrote: »
    At the end of the day I suppose it would depend on what you consider to be "alive and well" and "died off". As previously pointed out, the population has declined over the years, but I feel like that sort of thing is natural with these kinds of games as their age shows and newer ones come out. I think it's worth coming back to if you intend to do more than just dailies or go AFK-mode in towns. Most of the active, chatty people are in Dunbarton and Belvast Island on Channel 1. There's also the Royal Banquet in the Tara Rath Castle every Saturday which in itself is a social gathering.

I planned on going to the Banquet to see how many people there were to get a pretty good estimate. Unfortunately, I missed it this last Saturday but I plan on being there this upcoming one. I miss a lot of the old friends I had from the game so I'm hoping to see at least one or two of them there. I think that's a good idea though to check out the banquet.
  • RastlinRastlin
    I started in 2012 and then quit for a few years and am trying to get back into the game but find that most of the time people are just afk in Dun.
  • NanocaNanoca
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Rastlin wrote: »
    I started in 2012 and then quit for a few years and am trying to get back into the game but find that most of the time people are just afk in Dun.

Depends on what day and at what time you're on. I've seen times when I'll log in at 2AM (Insomnia), and Ch1 is full of life.
  • EastSeaEastSea
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,260
    Banquet is a good place to meet new people! Events are great for that too.

If you're looking for people to talk to, Electrolytes is usually active during banquet hours on Ch5. Just tell 'em East sent you! They enjoy new faces!
    Kranpho
  • KranphoKranpho
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I just decided to join the forum recently event though I've been playing since 2009.

Granted a lot has changed during the years like the moon gates and the re-birthing system. I feel like the game has really decreased in popularity over the years. I think certain servers are more popular then others as well.

I find whenever I do long on I don't really know what to do in the game and end up logging off after an hour or so. The main downfall in the game for me is that I'm level 2K and nothing really seems interesting to me anymore.

It would be nice if there were more dungeons...

I used to do dungeon runs a lot with my friends in the past and I found them really fun and challenging but now they are boring because they are too easy or I've just done them too many times.

I feel like if Nexon added more dungeons and other places to explore it would bring back a lot of excitement into the game personally especially for people who have been playing for almost ten years.

• MiDZMiDZ
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    I think the main idea is to stop looking for the old friends and talk to the people who are there. I know looking at my old friendlist can be a downer, since most of those people don't log on anymore. But things grow and change and that's what Mabinnogi's done. It's actually a still really innovated game and it always has new content. The only time it will ever 'die' is when Nexon stops holding events and shuts down the server.
  • IXRuairiIXRuairi
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    edited June 4, 2018
    I've been playing for a long time forget which year I official started probley like some were late 2008. Which would be when you had to pay for generation content and they allow you to skip generations if you wanted to which feels like a long time ago I used to play on all four servers but I've so far decided to stay with just Mari and Tarlach for now. But in terms of my personal opinion I would say that no server is really "dead" but rather you just need to know where to look where active players are at regardless of server.