Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Little Orphan Alyn Event

Comments

• KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Updated post with correct title names!
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Oh "Quilted Memories" sounds nicer C:
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Eralea wrote: »
    Oh "Quilted Memories" sounds nicer C:

I still don't trust quilts and for some reason "Quilted Memories" reminds me of this.
    165903.jpg
    MizukiHayamaOneConfusedMilletianSoraHakuDAVeylaine
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    *Does everythign in her place*

"Did you see that!? I did that! I'm so great!"

Yeah, you sure are.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I'm working on my second music quest after doing the other two dreams, did the two daily SM's while waiting to talk to Rua, and now I cannot progress even after retrying one of them and attempting the VIP, though I myself am not a VIP. Is there seriously no way to progress this quest now? Do I seriously miss out on a day of this just because I did my dailies ahead of time?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    VIP dailies do count if you are a VIP member. I did one cause it was a shorter mission and I wanted to get back to Rua before she vanished for the day.
    Sylek wrote: »
    I'm working on my second music quest after doing the other two dreams, did the two daily SM's while waiting to talk to Rua, and now I cannot progress even after retrying one of them and attempting the VIP, though I myself am not a VIP. Is there seriously no way to progress this quest now? Do I seriously miss out on a day of this just because I did my dailies ahead of time?

sucks you might have to miss a day. VIP is only 1,490K NX for one day, that may be your only other option to get a count for today.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940

Failed three times for the same reason *finger guns*

yeah my memory's trash.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265

Poorly planned mission based event as usual.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited May 1, 2018
    Starrie wrote: »
    So I'm trying to do the second music quest for the event, and it isn't giving me the completion for running the daily shadow mission. I had already run my daily shadow mission prior to doing the event quest. Does this mean I can only get the completion if I haven't run the daily yet and still have that quest? I'm so confused right now.
    Daktaro wrote: »
    have a friend who has the same issue ^
    @Katherz do you or any of the nexon team know anything about this?
    if there is no fix, many players can miss out on a whole day of the event without knowing which is really not fair :'c
    so may need another note on the announcement telling players to complete the event quest first before any daily shadow mission

Yes, it only counts if you haven't started the daily yet. I had to learn this the hard way. It might not be a glitch since it worked the exact same way for another event quest with a similar structure, but I don't think they should keep it this way for future events if it can be changed.
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    So I have an odd glitch (again)... I'm at 3/5 of the music path and I'm on the Adult portion right now (which will be 4/5 when I'm done). I only did the Child portion once, Teen twice, and now on the Adult quest... was I suppose to do the Child portion twice for this path as well? I somehow skipped one! If so, I may be locked out of the "Dreams Do Come True" rewards since the Adult quest is the final one for a path...

I already completed Cooking and Warrior path prior to this and they had the same pattern: 2 child quests, 2 teen quests, 1 adult quest.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    LongSly wrote: »
    So I have an odd glitch (again)... I'm at 3/5 of the music path and I'm on the Adult portion right now (which will be 4/5 when I'm done). I only did the Child portion once, Teen twice, and now on the Adult quest... was I suppose to do the Child portion twice for this path as well? I somehow skipped one! If so, I may be locked out of the "Dreams Do Come True" rewards since the Adult quest is the final one for a path...

I already completed Cooking and Warrior path prior to this and they had the same pattern: 2 child quests, 2 teen quests, 1 adult quest.

No, you are fine. I completed the musical path and it supposed to be like this. There is one Child quest, two Teen quests, and two Adult quests. There are two Adult missions for a reason; Alyn has to be an adult in order to consider working at Bean Rua--that is the bare minimum. Then, once she becomes an adult, she still needs work experience in order to be considered by Lucas.
  • YukirenYukiren
    Mabinogi Rep: 950
    I finished the music path yesterday and when I got that homestead seed with alyn's portrait, I used it immediately on my hs. Today when I finished the combat path,I got another seed as reward, but the weird thing is the homestead portrait I used yesterday is gone. I can't find it anywhere in my hs. Is it only a once time use only? Does anyone have this happen to them?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited May 2, 2018
    Yukiren wrote: »
    I finished the music path yesterday and when I got that homestead seed with alyn's portrait, I used it immediately on my hs. Today when I finished the combat path,I got another seed as reward, but the weird thing is the homestead portrait I used yesterday is gone. I can't find it anywhere in my hs. Is it only a once time use only? Does anyone have this happen to them?

It removed the old version, and gave you a new version that has both pictures of Alyn available to look at when you click on it.
    The object itself looks the same, though.

When you finish the third questline, the 2-picture version will get removed, and you'll get the 3-picture version.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    AfcRt.png

I've noticed that the Portrait automatically updates itself to show all the relevant options for you even if you don't use the letter (which is still in my bag, unread).

I suppose removing the portrait and putting it back into your inv is just to alert players that it's been updated? Just seems unnecessary though.

Also the "Super Parent" title appears as "Super Parent", not Super Mom/Dad, but this is fine. Gender-neutral titles are probably easier to implement anyway.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Never got that second quest after you do all three.
    Anyone else have this issue?
    DueFuss
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Opalthira wrote: »

Maybe it takes another day to pop up?
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Updated the post once again
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited May 4, 2018

Same here. I'm guessing you get the quilted title from the extra quests? I've waited 24 hours, relogged and got no new quest.

Edit: I got it. Now I'm just waiting for her to return to her usual spot. She's still not there after relogging.
  • DueFussDueFuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    jjeremy wrote: »

Same here. I'm guessing you get the quilted title from the extra quests? I've waited 24 hours, relogged and got no new quest.

Me too. Shouldn't the extra part have kicked in by now?
    Another quest will unlock once the you complete the quest "[Event] Girl's Dream Come True." -from the announcement
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    ^
    this is why we need another note on the announcement, at least
    the issue was found a while ago and unless someone reads through the whole thread they won't know and will miss a whole day
    it's really not fair
    Fluorette wrote: »
    LongSly wrote: »

No, you are fine. I completed the musical path and it supposed to be like this. There is one Child quest, two Teen quests, and two Adult quests. There are two Adult missions for a reason; Alyn has to be an adult in order to consider working at Bean Rua--that is the bare minimum. Then, once she becomes an adult, she still needs work experience in order to be considered by Lucas.

wha?! how do you know how old she is in each quest?
    would have been cool if she had a character portrait that changed each time :c