Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Who are Alyn's parents?

SoraHakuDASoraHakuDA
Mabinogi Rep: 1,545
edited May 2, 2018 in General Chat
By all means this is not to be taken seriously!

So... I've been thinking about this event related to the little girl. And i can't help but think that maybe.... just maybe...

HEAR ME OUT!

Maybe Alyn's parents are Delen and Galvin?

Now here's why i think this:
Maybe Delen and Galvin did become a couple (I am aware that Delen has a crush on Aodhan btw but just imagine! xD)? They had a kid but it turned out to be too hard for them after a while so they decide to one day go on a trip and leave her in Dunby church. Now i dunno much about Galvin and Delen's talents aside from managing each a shop but, suppose Galvin is good at playing piano and Delen at cooking (She kinda stands near a restaurant that she could visit often and learn a thing or two....), Alyn would be living in Emain for a short time, so she would admire the guards led by Aodhan(There's one plot hole and that is that if Alyn really was from Emain, she woulpoint it out since the musical quest takes place there). Also what makes me think about all this is that Alyn holds a teddy bear that could be the teddy that Galvin gives Delen in that one quest back in G2.

BUT OF COURSE I'M ONLY SPECULATING ALL OF THIS FOR FUN.

Comments

• pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    We are HowToBasic...I mean we are Alyn's parents
    SoraHakuDA
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Didn't Kristell say Alyn's parents died?
  • SoraHakuDASoraHakuDA
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,545
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Didn't Kristell say Alyn's parents died?

Nope, she tells the player that the 3 of them came to the church asking to stay for the night. After some time Kristell agrees and she lets them stay, but in the morning when she checks up on them, they had left the girl sleeping and with a note next to her with minor details (name,age etc.) which Kristell gives the player and that's where the quest starts.
  • KemalyKemaly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    edited May 2, 2018
    Most of the romantic pairs in Mabinogi seem like decent people. I only ones I can think of that would abandon a kid would maybe be Cichol and Morrighan, Belita and Lucus due to bad history, another Triona situation, maybe the woman who stole Macha's man is hiding her kid to keep her safe, or she may be a Homunculus.

I would hope whoever did it did it for a good reason, but it's possible it's just random people who couldn't handle it. The way she describes her parents (liking cooking and music) makes me think it's a couple we don't is a couple or even know of.
    SoraHakuDA
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 2, 2018
    Her parents were Millia's parents and they were too ashamed to have given birth to yet another horrible mistake -- J/K!

I don't think we're ever meant to know her parents, but I think it's safe to assume they're random milletians considering how fast she grows up??
    SoraHakuDA
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    Rua directly comments on the fact that Alyn grows up faster than normal, so it's almost assured that her parents were Milletians.
    SoraHakuDAVimiRadiant Dawnpawcalypselilblkrose
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    Rua directly comments on the fact that Alyn grows up faster than normal, so it's almost assured that her parents were Milletians.

I've heard stories of people that made "children" accounts when they were a couple irl and in the game. Maybe this is one of those characters and the parent Milletians/people quit the game.
    SoraHakuDAAellRaykapawcalypselilblkrose
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Vimi wrote: »
    Clovis15 wrote: »

I've heard stories of people that made "children" accounts when they were a couple irl and in the game. Maybe this is one of those characters and the parent Milletians/people quit the game.

Holy heck that hits so many interesting points in the nuts.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Ferghus and Nao obviously.
    SoraHakuDApawcalypse
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    You.

You is Alyn's parents.

At least you are now.
    Gaby5011SoraHakuDA
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I like your way of thinking, but I have my doubts about Galvin and Delen being the parents. They are both Tuatha de Danaan (unless it was implied otherwise somewhere in the story) whereas the questline suggests that Alyn is Milletian. How is this? Rua says "I've heard you age differently from the rest of us." Milletians (supposedly) perceive time differently from Tuatha de Danaan and seemingly age faster. Though this was pointed out already, haha.

On another note, the Milletian didn't even bother to buy her new clothes throughout all of that. In the Homestead painting, she is still wearing the same dress even as an adult. No doubt it's going up way past her knees with a new adult body too. Bad parent. :^(

Maia wrote: »

Ferghus plays piano, huh? Do his hands slip then, too? =p
    Gaby5011SoraHakuDApawcalypse
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 3, 2018
    @Fluorette I don't know about you, but in game my clothes grow and shrink as I grow or shrink XD Even more proof she's a milletian
    lilblkrose
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Maia wrote: »

This is interesting suddenly.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 3, 2018
    I assumed Milletian were sterile. You know, cause we are immortal? Maybe her parents found her, and taken her in, but realized as they were growing old, that they would be unable to take care of Alyn, leaving her at the church. Or maybe they were bigots who were afraid of her.
    SoraHakuDA
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Arjune wrote: »
    @Fluorette I don't know about you, but in game my clothes grow and shrink as I grow or shrink XD Even more proof she's a milletian

That's true, but the Milletian still didn't buy anything else for her to wear. Then again, I see other Milletians that can't afford new clothes so hahaha.... =p
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

So our clothes are milletian too?
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited May 3, 2018

So our clothes are milletian too?

The best clothes for Milletians, made from 100% genuine Milletians!!!
    It's for the best - however - that you don't look in the back of Simon's shop, take my word on this...

(What else do you think happens with all those many abandoned accounts?)
    SoraHakuDASoll