[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead Housing Update

Comments

  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,690
    Posts: 342
    Member
    ookie wrote: »
    the requirement is the problem for me....not what it is, but that there is even one to begin with......i've had a house on my main character for years....literal years when they came out with the homestead way back.....the belief the game instilled in the player was that THIS was YOUR home.....now, it is not......here, after all these years you can finally enter YOUR home.....but....it'll cost you because it's no longer YOUR home....you now have to rent it, or stay out in the yard....what once was no longer is....the concept of ownership has changed, and now when i see the house i'll know it's no longer mine.....whether i choose to use it, or not.....i'd like the option to get rid of the house all together so it doesn't sit there to taunt me.....again....it's not what the requirement is....it's that there is one.....i always knew years back that if they ever let us in that they would charge for furnishing it....i expected gachapon sales with event freebies....i didn't expect to have to pay (any amount) to enter my own home

    I get your point, your point being "dont put a feature in my homestead, which is distributed to each person as their own plot of land to decorate, and aspect me to pay for it"
    But the way you support your idea is inserting you are obtaining LESS then what you already had to begin with. - which for everyone reading this (you dont obtain less) -

    Also the homestead has already had maintenance standards to begin with, you need to farm hs stones, and even purchase pons if you cant handle maintenance your hs properly, meaning you lose items. Also not EVERY item in ur hs is craft-able, some are Pon ONLY
    This means you'll need to trade gold to a player who can purchase these pon items, or buy nx. (just like the house)

    If your going to argue about how insufferable it is to have a new feature that doesn't give you any form of back lash, then you might as well insert EVERY pon only item and how you cant obtain them either.- how Maintenance services forces the game to takeaway your items, and how your hs doesnt even feel it belongs to you entirely. -

    Like i said i GET your argument, its just a...your making it sound like ppl are getting less out of it cus its a thing.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,940
    Posts: 758
    Member
    They should change the word lease with tax. That way people won't complaint as much.
    Mabskmk
  • SephichiefSephichief
    Mabinogi Rep: 430
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited May 3, 2018
    Liyeta wrote: »
    They should change the word lease with tax. That way people won't complaint as much.

    Or, you know, make the leasing more affordable so that the more casual players don't get excluded. Is getting 700k easy to come by? Not for people who are either invested in other games (such as myself) or have responsibilities that eat up most of their time.
    Yoriden
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 22,085
    Posts: 2,534
    Member
    edited May 3, 2018
    I just want to move the brownie. He's a jerk. How am I suppose to think I own the place when the landlord is smack dab in the center of the room, eyeing my now drained pockets?

    I feel violated. Have you not heard of privacy?
    SherriDaktaroTwelie
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,455
    Posts: 941
    Member
    My god people 500k is like 2 hours of doing shadow missions or else.
    Its a joke how easy is it to get that much money. Swear free players are just always looking for something to complain about even if it means nothing.

    As for the whole "lease" thing, I'm surprised you'r getting offended over a simple word.
    You do pay taxes on your irl house right? This isnt any different in fact its 10000005 cheaper than it is irl....
    TheDumbOneGreta
  • LunarZeroLunarZero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,135
    Posts: 68
    Member
    edited May 3, 2018
    I wouldn't mind paying 500k if it was treated like a housing server, but we already paid with money, items, HS stones, building stones, etc. to build the house, OUR OWN HOUSE, IN OUR OWN HOMESTEAD. We paid enough to build it, now we have to lease something we built? Lolololol nope.
    Peloi
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,180
    Posts: 845
    Member
    It's 500k for first time purchase. To renew it is 200k You honestly need to make 200k a month which takes barely any time at all. You only pay 500k a month if you forget to renew it It says on the announcement page. So everyone complaining about how it should be free, needs to stop. The levels of salt in this thread are comparable to the salt levels when people didnt know what April fools was and though nexon was giving them free castles because they didn't read the announcement.
    SherriGreta
  • lilblkroselilblkrose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,665
    Posts: 54
    Member
    edited May 3, 2018
    Does anyone know if the house space is bigger with Mansion?

    Also, if you actively play (like, why would you want a house space if you didn't play actively), 500k is pretty easy to make and maintain with 200k... PS This is coming from a cheapskate who scarcely play or mission. I've been stocking up savings from just selling junk/event items onto the market.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,690
    Posts: 342
    Member
    lilblkrose wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the house space is bigger with Mansion?

    Also, if you actively play (like, why would you want a house space if you didn't play actively), 500k is pretty easy to make and maintain with 200k... PS This is coming from a cheapskate who scarcely play or mission. I've been stocking up savings from just selling junk/event items onto the market.

    no...V.V you can see in the forum selfies of ppls houses. BUT their are updates in kr allowing a expansion and ROOMS :)
    and i agree- when ppl have 30 days to make 200k and they state they cant..... then you just DONT play mabinogi. 2 hours of sm within 30 days.... and you cant do that?
    if u cant afford "TIME" to play, you have the option of getting premium, youll never have to log in/ remain afk forever.
  • lilblkroselilblkrose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,665
    Posts: 54
    Member
    edited May 3, 2018
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    lilblkrose wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the house space is bigger with Mansion?

    Also, if you actively play (like, why would you want a house space if you didn't play actively), 500k is pretty easy to make and maintain with 200k... PS This is coming from a cheapskate who scarcely play or mission. I've been stocking up savings from just selling junk/event items onto the market.

    no...V.V you can see in the forum selfies of ppls houses. BUT their are updates in kr allowing a expansion and ROOMS :)
    and i agree- when ppl have 30 days to make 200k and they state they cant..... then you just DONT play mabinogi. 2 hours of sm within 30 days.... and you cant do that?
    if u cant afford "TIME" to play, you have the option of getting premium, youll never have to log in/ remain afk forever.

    Thanks for that info! Looking forward to rooms AWAY from the immovable Brownie lol

    There's not much reason or customization to getting a homestead house (RP and immersion probably, but that brownie reduce style options...)
    ddcf3975d5.png
    I placed all the items (except the rooster and grape basket) and colored walls.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    Posts: 418
    Member
    So cheap.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,905
    Posts: 707
    Member
    A lot of people are saying 500k is cheap and 200k is even cheaper.

    I'm not disagreeing with that.

    My problem is that I have 6 maxed out homesteads and 16 more with houses/mansions getting built up.

    It's a pity, but the sheer volume of my decorating addiction does mean that I'll have to buy prem forever to fully enjoy this update.
    Peloi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,795
    Posts: 5,795
    Member
    edited May 3, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »
    My god people 500k is like 2 hours of doing shadow missions or else.
    Its a joke how easy is it to get that much money. Swear free players are just always looking for something to complain about even if it means nothing.

    As for the whole "lease" thing, I'm surprised you'r getting offended over a simple word.
    You do pay taxes on your irl house right? This isnt any different in fact its 10000005 cheaper than it is irl....

    Literally this. People QQ'ing over 500k. lmao. ANYONE can make friggin 500k in 30 days. Jesus Christ, end gamers can get 500k within hour or so. Also, it's purely cosmetic for now. Don't like it? Then don't buy it. Smh... Instead of wasting your energy on crying, maybe go and make that 500k? How about that? After you buy it, you can renew it for 200k. Just don't tell you you can't even make 200k as well, rofl.
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Posts: 48
    Member
    Sephichief wrote: »
    Liyeta wrote: »
    They should change the word lease with tax. That way people won't complaint as much.

    Or, you know, make the leasing more affordable so that the more casual players don't get excluded. Is getting 700k easy to come by? Not for people who are either invested in other games (such as myself) or have responsibilities that eat up most of their time.

    Any game you play obviously the more time you put in if you're a free player the more you should get out.

    Most of you all aren't complaining when you spend 1m+ per outfit (if you don't gacha) and if you do then buy vip and gacha less..

    Just like the clothes in gacha, this isn't required and shouldn't be (because of it's future importance and even then as people said before you need homestead stones to maintain things too).

    This isn't some big thing you need to continue on with the game, it's just purely cosmetic.. and seriously if you can't get 200-500k from this game even if you work, then you shouldn't get the house anyway..

    Y'all are making it sound like every item must be unlocked for a low cost or free when in reality, it's so easy to get 200-500k. (If you did the last event there should be no reason you don't have that money from dyes AT LEAST)
    Greta
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,095
    Posts: 280
    Member
    i get that 500k initial and 200k to renew isn't way too much
    personally though reckon the creation and ability to decorate should be free, or a 1-time payment only (decorations themselves still cost). but then you'd have to pay the leasing fee in later update to sell things from your house etc
    Peloi
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,940
    Posts: 758
    Member
    lilblkrose wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the house space is bigger with Mansion?

    Also, if you actively play (like, why would you want a house space if you didn't play actively), 500k is pretty easy to make and maintain with 200k... PS This is coming from a cheapskate who scarcely play or mission. I've been stocking up savings from just selling junk/event items onto the market.

    Nope. I have a mansion but the house space is really small.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,455
    Posts: 941
    Member
    Daktaro wrote: »
    i get that 500k initial and 200k to renew isn't way too much
    personally though reckon the creation and ability to decorate should be free, or a 1-time payment only (decorations themselves still cost). but then you'd have to pay the leasing fee in later update to sell things from your house etc

    The whole reason theres a gold fee is because the update is supposed to make it so you can sell items in your house.
    However that hasn't been added yet.
    Greta
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,095
    Posts: 280
    Member
    Opalthira wrote: »
    The whole reason theres a gold fee is because the update is supposed to make it so you can sell items in your house.
    However that hasn't been added yet.

    imo regardless of if it was all added at once or not, it should still go like:
    house as basically just an extension of homestead with no functionality other than decorating > free or 1 time payment
    house with any other functionality than cosmetic > monthly fee

    kinda like hs items. the ones with actual functionality like cows and oven and things that give kons etc cost fees and the cosmetic only stuff just pay once
    there's exceptions to that like the long oven and sheep and production stuff etc, but as a general guideline you know

  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,690
    Posts: 342
    Member
    Daktaro wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    The whole reason theres a gold fee is because the update is supposed to make it so you can sell items in your house.
    However that hasn't been added yet.

    imo regardless of if it was all added at once or not, it should still go like:
    house as basically just an extension of homestead with no functionality other than decorating > free or 1 time payment
    house with any other functionality than cosmetic > monthly fee

    kinda like hs items. the ones with actual functionality like cows and oven and things that give kons etc cost fees and the cosmetic only stuff just pay once
    there's exceptions to that like the long oven and sheep and production stuff etc, but as a general guideline you know

    ive been discussing this with a few ppl, and....i think if they did turn it into housing, that only premium members would get housing with no additional gold fee cost. (sell items)
    so far, thats already better then the housing we have now. and even though free players wont get housing(sell items)... they can pay for a house to have, which they cant with housing unless they have premium (in a sense its better)
    (also in general removes having to get a house as well by allowing each person to have their own personal house to rent)
    im guessing this would be the WORST possible outcome, and thats not bad at all.

    They make money thats NOT gacha, which i totally support, and ppl get excess to some features that were pay features only, which i also support.
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,415
    Posts: 61
    Member
    Katherz wrote: »
    Everyone's most anticipated Homestead update is finally here!
    Kind of a cruel move to announce the "most anticipated" Homestead update with a 500k fee... I get that that's not hard to come by if you play this game all the time, but spending that kind of money when you only casually play every so often is just not worth it. So, kinda sucks if you're a casual player who was really anticipating ever being able to enter your house anytime in your Mabi lifetime. I'd rather have entering be free and have decorating cost Pon or reasonable amounts of gold, and then have the 'using it as a shop' feature cost the huge 500k/200k fee or be a Premium service.