Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Little Orphan Alyn Event

Comments

• LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    DueFuss wrote: »
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Never got that second quest after you do all three.
    Anyone else have this issue?

Same here. I'm guessing you get the quilted title from the extra quests? I've waited 24 hours, relogged and got no new quest.

Me too. Shouldn't the extra part have kicked in by now?
    Another quest will unlock once the you complete the quest "[Event] Girl's Dream Come True." -from the announcement

I gotten it when it was the next day server time (Midnight). Seems to be a second wave of dailies, but you're only doing the last quest of each chain. Also, a special cutscene when you talk to Alyn after you completed all the routes. :D (Be sure to have music on before you talk to her.)
  • DueFussDueFuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Never got that second quest after you do all three.
    Anyone else have this issue?

Same here. I'm guessing you get the quilted title from the extra quests? I've waited 24 hours, relogged and got no new quest.

Me too. Shouldn't the extra part have kicked in by now?
    Another quest will unlock once the you complete the quest "[Event] Girl's Dream Come True." -from the announcement

Just kicked in this morning. I assume at 2am (central time). So it skipped a night.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Welp have to do the quest for 3 more days after parent title...
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited May 4, 2018
    Daktaro wrote: »
    wha?! how do you know how old she is in each quest?
    would have been cool if she had a character portrait that changed each time :c

"[Child]", "[Teen]", and "[Adult]" appear in the titles of the quests. As you progress, it goes from Child (the first one or two quests in a given chain) > Teen (the next two quests) > Adult (the last one or two quests).
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    So I got the new quest but Alyn is gone! I see the quest marker for her but she just isn't there. Where is she for the final quests?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    So I got the new quest but Alyn is gone! I see the quest marker for her but she just isn't there. Where is she for the final quests?

You need to use the item kristell gives you to "talk to alyn"
    JJSherri
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Mann I really hope they extend this event cause I has work with horrible hours, and missed a few days.

I love the event though, my heart !
    Sherri
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I love the event too. I just wish Alyn could have been a partner even if only temporary, as others suggested.
    YangKoete
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I feel uncomfortable having trained Alyn to work at Bean Rua. I wanted her to be a traveling bard like Yvona or a music idol like Starlet, but deep down, I feel that this is the most realistic and stable option. We all cannot do great things, and many of us do not get the opportunity. Sometimes, you got to make ends meet, and your dreams never come true.

Which I felt I did better job breaking it to her as a parent than my parents ever did. :(
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited May 4, 2018
    I feel uncomfortable having trained Alyn to work at Bean Rua. I wanted her to be a traveling bard like Yvona or a music idol like Starlet, but deep down, I feel that this is the most realistic and stable option. We all cannot do great things, and many of us do not get the opportunity. Sometimes, you got to make ends meet, and your dreams never come true.

Which I felt I did better job breaking it to her as a parent than my parents ever did. :(

You sound like a true parent. :D Alyn did what she wanted to do, not what you dreamed for her. I personally would've preferred she become a priestess like Kristell.
    Tsumikki
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    Eralea wrote: »
    Also the "Super Parent" title appears as "Super Parent", not Super Mom/Dad, but this is fine. Gender-neutral titles are probably easier to implement anyway.

Actually, it isn't easier or harder to implement. Something I learned from finding out how the game works is that each title actually has data for each sex. Which is why "the Married" title will appear as "[spouse name]'s Husband" or "[spouse name]'s Wife" based on your character's current sex. And why "the Lucky" title used to show as "the Lucky Guy" or "the Lucky Girl" (but then they changed it to just "the Lucky" for both).

So... would be nice if they changed it so I could be a Super Mom. :>
    Yoriden
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited May 5, 2018
    Erika wrote: »
    Actually, it isn't easier or harder to implement. Something I learned from finding out how the game works is that each title actually has data for each sex. Which is why "the Married" title will appear as "[spouse name]'s Husband" or "[spouse name]'s Wife" based on your character's current sex. And why "the Lucky" title used to show as "the Lucky Guy" or "the Lucky Girl" (but then they changed it to just "the Lucky" for both).

So... would be nice if they changed it so I could be a Super Mom. :>

That's not the only one. A previous event title, "Ruler of Rock", used to appear as either "Queen of Rock" or "King of Rock". One day the title untranslated itself and when they fixed it, it turned into the gender neutral "Ruler of Rock" for both.

Maybe it isn't easier or harder in terms of code, but it does seem like someone is making a deliberate decision to make titles neutral like this, for whatever other reason they might have.

I too would like them to reconsider making the titles gendered again, not because I want to be a Super Mom, but because I want my Queen of Rock title back thx.
  • DueFussDueFuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    OK, doing the follow up quests.

Took two days before they kicked in. And now I'm repeating the first quest, which i had already completed yesterday.

Seems there might be a glitch or two in the event.

(I am starting to build up my own personal database of when Rua bothers to show up for work, though, so i guess it's not all bad.)

OK, even though i repeated yesterdays mission, it still counted toward a "reminisce". Guess i got gypped out of one of the other missions. Not a biggie, but look forward to reading the "guide" once it is written.
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    Has anybody finished the "Reminisce about Alyn" quest? I already re-did the quest for the Royal Guard route yesterday and the enlisment form vanished after I completed it. How do you proceed to the second? third?

Already tried the her HS portrait but it doesn't do anything. Talking to Kristell is also a bust.

.../Is confuddled.
  • TetosanTetosan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035

Honestly i'm still wondering why you'd have her learn to be a BARD at a Pub where the only Musical thing is a Piano appearently nobody plays and the Ending has her be a Waitress....
    Becoming a Bard i would've liked a Storyline that included Yvona and Ailla (Y'know, Yvona for playing music and Ailla for the dancing part)
    But hey, that wouldn't have required players to spend hours waiting for Rua to finally pop up.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited May 5, 2018
    roastedpig wrote: »
    Has anybody finished the "Reminisce about Alyn" quest? I already re-did the quest for the Royal Guard route yesterday and the enlisment form vanished after I completed it. How do you proceed to the second? third?

Already tried the her HS portrait but it doesn't do anything. Talking to Kristell is also a bust.

.../Is confuddled.

N/M
    [I assumed it was in a set order. It's random, can't help.]
  • OpalthiraOpalthira

.../Is confuddled.

You talk to gordon for the chef quest then afk for 36 mins after clicking on the book and talking to shena
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135

.../Is confuddled.

I'm assuming you get one route everyday. so if you repeated the last cooking quest one day, you get the second one, either music or royal guard, the next day. and then the 3rd on the 3rd day.
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    edited May 5, 2018
    @Opalthira, @nevyn25, @Sai

I just kind of speed talked to kristell at the beginning of the quest and then got the royal guard quest...i may have missed an instruction or two xD;

Anyway, thanks a lot guys! This helps a ton :D

EDIT/Update: ...okay, i guess the event IS bugged/broken. I talked to Gordon and then Rua, still nothing to advance the quest... \(_ _\)
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    @Opalthira, @nevyn25, @Sai

I just kind of speed talked to kristell at the beginning of the quest and then got the royal guard quest...i may have missed an instruction or two xD;

Anyway, thanks a lot guys! This helps a ton :D

EDIT/Update: ...okay, i guess the event IS bugged/broken. I talked to Gordon and then Rua, still nothing to advance the quest... \(_ _\)

Pretty sure someone already said it's still one route per day. Kinda like how you could normally only do one actual career path per day.