Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bamboozled again

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    LewnaJa wrote: »
    Rayka wrote: »
    i believe u got 6 days of leeway if you missed even these days it can't be helped

Yee but I have a job and rent though. Can't pay attention to video games 24/7. I tried.

You need to manage your time better if you can't click log in, and then click claim stamp an hour later
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited May 3, 2018
    Yee but I have a job and rent though. Can't pay attention to video games 24/7. I tried.

I commend you for having a job. *thumbs up* You can just buy a dragon later on with half an hour's wage and skip the 3 weeks of hassle. :)
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    i believe u got 6 days of leeway if you missed even these days it can't be helped

Incorrect. The event listed 29 spots. The event listed 29 days. "Extra days" are days that would not be applied to the calendar were you to fill it out entirely without them, regardless of the reward points needed for each award.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited May 3, 2018
    What I am NOT used to, is to have the daily reset happen BEFORE maintenance. This is, extremely rare.

Usually, daily event checks happens at 7AM, your american time, but this event decided to be a special snowflake and end at 12, midnight, whatever.

I've missed like, 6 days because of the time it resets.

Doesn't help that the event is a 1 hour check after log in. You're punished for checking early, and punished for forgetting that the event exists in the firct plac,e because it's about as noticeable as that boi in the old ship dock,
    Nobody remembers him.

At the very least, I wish they kept the reward exchange open a little bit after the event. But no. That would be too kind.

Attendance events are just terrible in design anyway, and they somehow managed to make it worse, like they're trying to compete with someone for an imaginary reward from the devil.
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

You need to manage your time better if you can't click log in, and then click claim stamp an hour later

If you wanna take over my job to pay my 2k+ monthly expenses while programming in your spare time, you're more than welcome to do it so I can have an hour or two to play mabi. :)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 4, 2018

If you wanna take over my job to pay my 2k+ monthly expenses while programming in your spare time, you're more than welcome to do it so I can have an hour or two to play mabi. :)

Programmer doesn't know how to multi-task.

28xp-pepefrog-master315.jpg
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited May 4, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »

Basically that ^

If one of my friends who's deployed right now can manage to do an hour of login dailies on runescape almost every day you can find the ~30 seconds it takes to login go do something for an hour then click 3 times and log out. I've worked fulltime while taking 20 credits, still had time to take 30 seconds and log in daily.
    MizukiHayama
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa

Basically that ^

If one of my friends who's deployed right now can manage to do an hour of login dailies on runescape almost every day you can find the ~30 seconds it takes to login go do something for an hour then click 3 times and log out. I've worked fulltime while taking 20 credits, still had time to take 30 seconds and log in daily.

I mean, I don't really care about the game enough to where I think about it 24/7. Having ADD doesn't help in regards to remembering things like this. lol

Your keyword was "deployed". Your friend has time management drilled into his brain. Rofllll
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

Basically that ^

I mean, I don't really care about the game enough to where I think about it 24/7. Having ADD doesn't help in regards to remembering things like this. lol

Your keyword was "deployed". Your friend has time management drilled into his brain. Rofllll

Then why do you care at all? To me all I see is you complaining you can't have something for putting in no effort, when the effort needed in the first place is incredibly trivial.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Complaints about work taking a lot of time...
    Ok.
    Complains about not being able to pay full attention for games because of it.
    Ok.
    Also mentions something about paying rent.
    Uhhh... What it has to do with gaming tho...? I mean... Then don't pay for internet/electricity to afford rent or something...? Mabinogi is free to play lmao.
    But then breaks the flow with a fact: "i don't really care about this game enough to where i think about it 24/7".
    What? You just made all your arguments invalid after this last comment. Lol.

MizukiHayamaTwelie
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    He has the time to argue his defense a lot, but didn't have the timer to log in for an hour? And just afk it? While doing other stuff?
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    edited May 5, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Complaints about work taking a lot of time...
    Ok.
    Complains about not being able to pay full attention for games because of it.
    Ok.
    Also mentions something about paying rent.
    Uhhh... What it has to do with gaming tho...? I mean... Then don't pay for internet/electricity to afford rent or something...? Mabinogi is free to play lmao.
    But then breaks the flow with a fact: "i don't really care about this game enough to where i think about it 24/7".
    What? You just made all your arguments invalid after this last comment. Lol.

What? I'm not allowed to post on a forum on my couple days off? And yes, my friend -- Here in the adult world, we pay bills, which requires us to work a lot. I don't know about you, but I live in a county that likes to charge about 4x the average electric bill. Leaving my things on for hours while I'm at work would rack up that bill.

Also, your argument about spending a lot of time on here "arguing" is a low-effort argument itself. It literally takes me fifteen seconds to open up this webpage and another two minutes to write these posts when I remember to do so. And no, I don't care enough about the game to remember to check it every day. That's my point. You would do well to read more carefully before responding next time, yes? Take a chill pill, my dude.
    Then why do you care at all? To me all I see is you complaining you can't have something for putting in no effort, when the effort needed in the first place is incredibly trivial.

The thread was satire. In case you didn't read a few posts back, I already acknowledged the extra days were plenty of time. Calm yourself, my son.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Let's see here.

The thread was satire. In case you didn't read a few posts back, I already acknowledged the extra days were plenty of time. Calm yourself, my son.
    You claim other people have weak arguments and then you pull the "it's just a joke" line. Right. You can drop the condescending tone by the way.

compared to "And no, I don't care enough about the game to *remember* to check it every day. That's my point." Maybe you should be more specific in what you mean rather than giving a blanket statement.

You started the post off with no implication of sarcasm at all, then when people start questioning it you go "it's just satire".
    MizukiHayamaTwelie
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    Let's see here.

You claim other people have weak arguments and then you pull the "it's just a joke" line. Right. You can drop the condescending tone by the way.

compared to "And no, I don't care enough about the game to *remember* to check it every day. That's my point." Maybe you should be more specific in what you mean rather than giving a blanket statement.

You started the post off with no implication of sarcasm at all, then when people start questioning it you go "it's just satire".

I didn't realize I needed to emphasize on the sarcasm when the poll in the OP is literally "Is life suffering? Yes or Yes". Either way, I apologize you feel that I am being condescending. I'm simply stating that the thread was satire and that I feel you and Greta are taking it a little too seriously. Like, I'm just messing around, man. It was never a huge deal to me. It's just one of those "Aw dammit Nexowned again" threads.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Let's see here.

I didn't realize I needed to emphasize on the sarcasm when the poll in the OP is literally "Is life suffering? Yes or Yes". Either way, I apologize you feel that I am being condescending. I'm simply stating that the thread was satire and that I feel you and Greta are taking it a little too seriously. Like, I'm just messing around, man. It was never a huge deal to me. It's just one of those "Aw dammit Nexowned again" threads.

And now you're taking an emotional standpoint.

You apologize because you think I'm misunderstanding you?
    *Here in the adult world, we pay bills
    *You would do well to read more carefully before responding next time, yes? Take a chill pill, my dude.
    *The thread was satire. In case you didn't read a few posts back, I already acknowledged the extra days were plenty of time. Calm yourself, my son.
    *I apologize you feel that I am being condescending
    Are you seriously trying to tell me that those lines aren't condescending at all? Yeah right. I also hope that "2k a month" in living costs wasn't an attempt at a humble brag.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Ok your rent is 2k and you pay 4x the normal eletric bill. Dare I say you live in California?
    GretaRadiant Dawn
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    edited May 6, 2018
    Ok your rent is 2k and you pay 4x the normal eletric bill. Dare I say you live in California?

Nah. It isn't that horrible. My town used to borrow its electric and water from the main city back when the town was a baby and then the town leaders responsible for the debt skipped town leaving the debt in the town's hands. Taxpayers here have been overpaying ever since. I'm moving pretty shortly to hopefully save on these costs.
  • aaaaaaawaaasdsdewaaaaaaawaaasdsdew
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Speaking of bamboozled, all the rewards from the Treasure Chest got deleted, and we didn't even get a warning for that one.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015

Nah. It isn't that horrible. My town used to borrow its electric and water from the main city back when the town was a baby and then the town leaders responsible for the debt skipped town leaving the debt in the town's hands. Taxpayers here have been overpaying ever since. I'm moving pretty shortly to hopefully save on these costs.

I would honestly move as soon as possible. Unless you're living in a high end place, and are leaving every light and machine running 24/7.
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    Speaking of bamboozled, all the rewards from the Treasure Chest got deleted, and we didn't even get a warning for that one.

Even the complete commerce reforges??