Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A Featured UCC Section, Your Thoughts

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited May 6, 2018 in Town Square
So for those unaware of the Korean Mabinogi site, they have this featured UCC section on the mainpage, with all kinds of amazing artwork.
For example:
319102332.png
Main Link, Featured Link, Link to the Artwork post is here.
So, what do you guys think? Would you like to have a section like this on the NA site as well?
Would it inspire you to pick up your drawing tools and enter more contests? (Free NX for talent, baby! Or... not, maybe.)
Maybe you'd just like to vote for UCC to see more Mabinogi wallpaper?
Leave a comment!
WolfandWolf
  1. Are you for or against a UCC Section on Mabinogi NA?14 votes
    1. For, as long as everything goes through monitoring properly.
       86% (12 votes)
    2. Against, I prefer the forum driven UCC and contests.
       14% (2 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 6, 2018
    May i ask what UCC stands for?
    Also if i remember correctly didn't Sabina try to make something similar like that? The weekly UGC thing. But i think it never happened anyway, lmao. And for some reason i still see it sitting in Contests and Events category like it's still on-going, but i'm pretty sure it's not.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 6, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    May i ask what UCC stands for?
    Also if i remember correctly didn't Sabina try to make something similar like that? The weekly UGC thing. But i think it never happened anyway, lmao. And for some reason i still see it sitting in Contests and Events category like it should still be on-going.

User Created Content, which mostly would contain art in this case.
    Hmm... if she did try, then maybe we still don't have as large of a community with as many artistic people. (Or willing to share their art.)
    In any case, such a section could help with the contests and events page in turn.
    For example, announcements will be posted on XX 20X of Skynet that submissions will begin, and all the accepted submissions will be displayed for the community to see or something. The winners will get placed in the featured section, while everyone at least in honorable placements gets uploaded into the general UCC section.
    That's the most I can suggest for now.
    Twelie
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    That mage is so angry at that poor horse!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 7, 2018
    That's another workload they don't need. DeviantART has tons of staff that -attempt- to keep questionable content off their website but after a while the moderation becomes futile the the more crap that gets dumped in there. As a senior member from there, this is a BAD idea. That said we have Fan Creations forum. It's good enough and doesn't require any extra anything.

So nope.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited May 8, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    That's another workload they don't need. DeviantART has tons of staff that -attempt- to keep questionable content off their website but after a while the moderation becomes futile the the more crap that gets dumped in there. As a senior member from there, this is a BAD idea. That said we have Fan Creations forum. It's good enough and doesn't require any extra anything.

So nope.

You make a fair point about KR having more staff.
    However, what if there was a waiting period after the IMG submission?
    Let's say you upload something, and get an automated email saying that it'll take 7-30 business days for it to appear on the public UCC section, or send a rejection email.
    Do you think it might work, or would people just spam submissions?