Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Little Orphan Alyn Event

Comments

• roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    KingEphy wrote: »
    roastedpig wrote: »
    @Opalthira, @nevyn25, @Sai

I just kind of speed talked to kristell at the beginning of the quest and then got the royal guard quest...i may have missed an instruction or two xD;

Anyway, thanks a lot guys! This helps a ton :D

EDIT/Update: ...okay, i guess the event IS bugged/broken. I talked to Gordon and then Rua, still nothing to advance the quest... \(_ _\)

Pretty sure someone already said it's still one route per day. Kinda like how you could normally only do one actual career path per day.

I did the quest for the first route yesterday (friday). i figured that i’ll get a prompt for the next route today (saturday) after not getting any after completing said quest.

there’s no new quest in my event quest tab after the 7am daily reset. talking to rua, gordon, and kristell didn’t do anything. messing with the HS portrait also did squat.

...i didn’t really intend on doing this event let alone finishing it. now near the end and then possibly not completing it, it’s kinda frustrating
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Did you complete the first route before midnight (Saturday)? If not, it may have counted for Saturday instead of Friday as the reset time for this event is midnight PST for some reason.
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    edited May 6, 2018
    @Beryl, yep did it before midnight. i’m only actively doing stuff around 7am to 10am PST

i’ll check again after work. hopefully that quest prompt will kick in by then TnT
  • DueFussDueFuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    Opalthira wrote: »
    jjeremy wrote: »
    So I got the new quest but Alyn is gone! I see the quest marker for her but she just isn't there. Where is she for the final quests?

You need to use the item kristell gives you to "talk to alyn"

Kristell gave an item? What does it look like? What is it?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Its the enlistment form a 2x2 note
  • TetosanTetosan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    Enlistment Form a 2x2 Item probably in your Personal Inventory.

As for the Time Rua shows up to work, There's a Timer on the net, just not sure if you're even allowed to post the Link as it seems a bit like it isn't totally legal.
  • DueFussDueFuss
    DueFuss wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    jjeremy wrote: »
    So I got the new quest but Alyn is gone! I see the quest marker for her but she just isn't there. Where is she for the final quests?

You need to use the item kristell gives you to "talk to alyn"

Kristell gave an item? What does it look like? What is it?

OK, don't know when Kristell gave this, but instead of "talk to Alyn", go to your Special Inventory and use the Enlistment Form instead of talking to Alyn.
  • DueFussDueFuss
    Welp, my Easel was upgraded to an... ....Easel. >_>
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    That gives stats.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I had to reminisce the cooking quest line twice. is that normal? does it just randomly select one of three career paths to reminisce about? I mean, it still counts as having reminisced 2/3 times
  • EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    I had to reminisce the cooking quest line twice. is that normal? does it just randomly select one of three career paths to reminisce about? I mean, it still counts as having reminisced 2/3 times
    I got to reminisce about the cooking path for all three days, so I guess it's random.
    I'd much rather wait 36 minutes to use the reservation than wait hours for Rua, so it didn't bother me at all.
  • AavaAava
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,085
    edited May 6, 2018
    For once, I wish they'd extend the event.
    We only have four extra days for this one. With the Rua quest and working in real life, a lot of people I know are not going to be able to finish the second quest, including myself.

Here's to hoping **fingers crossed**
    Tsumikki
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I feel uncomfortable having trained Alyn to work at Bean Rua. I wanted her to be a traveling bard like Yvona or a music idol like Starlet, but deep down, I feel that this is the most realistic and stable option. We all cannot do great things, and many of us do not get the opportunity. Sometimes, you got to make ends meet, and your dreams never come true.

Which I felt I did better job breaking it to her as a parent than my parents ever did. :(

You sound like a true parent. :D Alyn did what she wanted to do, not what you dreamed for her. I personally would've preferred she become a priestess like Kristell.

Did she really want any of this? I could've encouraged her to reach for the Stars, not reach across the bar. Sure, I taught her practial stuff, but to decide you will be nothing more than a waitress at age 10 is depressing as heck.
    Yoriden
  • SyaohartSyaohart
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    As a foster child this event hit hard and I did cry. Sad that I can't finish all the dreams due to coming back to the game too late. Thanks for the event though.
    Fluorette
  • DormDorm
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    hi I am on the reminisce about alyn quest and i do not have any of the easel is there something I needed to do after finishing each route?
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited May 7, 2018
    For Reminisce about Alyn, I received the Life Skill path repeat yesterday and then I received it again today. Same procedure. I'm guessing that it is randomly assigned rather than you having to reminisce about all three paths.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    Already finished, and yet got a Reminisce quest again today. Guess it's gonna be like that until they remove the event. Well, more AP is always nice...
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    aI53q3x.jpg
    Quilted Memories actually gives max stam as well
    can confirm it does add +100, it's not just a typo
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Wow ok. First I'm given Musical part, and now I'm getting that one again.

Rua part is the worst, by the fact that Rua is on a timer.
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Erika wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »
    Also the "Super Parent" title appears as "Super Parent", not Super Mom/Dad, but this is fine. Gender-neutral titles are probably easier to implement anyway.

Actually, it isn't easier or harder to implement. Something I learned from finding out how the game works is that each title actually has data for each sex. Which is why "the Married" title will appear as "[spouse name]'s Husband" or "[spouse name]'s Wife" based on your character's current sex. And why "the Lucky" title used to show as "the Lucky Guy" or "the Lucky Girl" (but then they changed it to just "the Lucky" for both).

So... would be nice if they changed it so I could be a Super Mom. :>

Seconding this, I would also like if these titles were changed to the gender specific versions stated in the announcement. I am very disappointed, on my fifth day of waiting hours for Rua to show up, to learn that the title is just Super Parent and not Super Mom and Super Dad.