Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Does This Game Worth Playing?

truth7truth7
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in General Chat
Mabinogi is a awesome game with great ideas but not as good as I think. This mmorpg game is missing a major point there. Most of the players are playing pretty well in the game like doing whatever they want to be. But however, according to my experience, players wasn't playing as free as they wish to be because of two basic problems.
First, the durability system prevent most players from playing freely. That is the cause because once your equipment loss durability, then you have to repair it at the blacksmith and that cost you golds (the currency in game), the cost wasn't cheap either. By the way, it is very hard to earn more golds in the game because killing mobs only give you a little of golds so you have to do quest to earn more golds. In which most players spam the shadow wizard quest (the highest gold reward quest) almost everyday to earn more golds to repair or buy thing they want. As a matter of fact, I was one of them too but not too long because I quit pretty soon. Imagine that you keep repeating endless times doing the same quest over and over again is a nightmare. If you don't go to earn gold then your gears will probably be broken pretty soon and without gears you won't stand against the higher level monsters. Unless you don't like fighting monsters or pvp, otherwise you can't enjoy the game without gold.
Second, the style tab will be expired after 30 days. By the way, you can get free style tab coupons during the game events but that still have an expiration date. There is a glitched that the game will still display the clothes that you wore in the style tab before it expired until you rebirth or take it off and that only you can see it on. I mean what is the point of fashion without the style tab. Well, most people may figure out that they can put the fashion clothes on the equipment tab but that have two downsides. One is that the fashion clothes wore on the equipment tab will loss durability over time but the style tab doesn't. Second, if you wore the fashion clothes on the equipment tab then you can't wear the battle gears. Unless you switch the clothes and gears in different situation and doesn't want to show your fashion clothes during battle.

Comments

• ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    1.) The durability is there to add more realism to the game. Also to make it to where you need to actually think of how you wanna take a situation.
    Obviously if you are doing a easy shadow mission, you shouldnt use high equipment. As even with trash you'd 1 hit everything.

Players can fix this with a small easy fix called beginners weapons. These weapons cost only 1 gold to repair a point.You can use them for training/doing easy stuff.
    Players who are much higher don't need to worry though. As when you are high, it becomes more obvious how easy gold is to make. Though even when you are low it is still easy. Doing saga on daily days give you 30k, you have 9 possible character slots starting out as a new account, that's 270k a day You can just do ep 7 evey day and open it on it's daily days.

Selling drops like fine/st leathers will make it so you can make some side money. Also selling stacks of holy water will also be good for money. These are three things newbies can do. Not to mention there's even more. Even if we had someone who wanted to specifically do shadow missions, then all you have to do is make friends to do the missions with and they instantly become 10 times easier.

2.) The style tab is a feature to help them make money. It's a convenience thing. Wanna look good while you have your good stats? Gotta give up dem rl dollarydoos.
    A lot of games have a second section of the inventory that is only for purchase. Be happy mabi gives you a chance to earn it, as they are not obligated to do so. Also, when you get high enough there's very rarely a thing that you NEED battle gear for. The amount of times on my main that I switch to my good gear is maybe only 10% of my mabi time.
    BronzebreakTwelieMikuV3peloisan
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    edited May 14, 2018
    A rumour come out; Does Bruno Mars is gay?

Seriously though, what Zuomo said. There's so many ways around this. Just explore a bit. You may not get 1 billion gold in a day, but you can still farm well.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    I also wanna add on, for the newbies, making all 9 character slots (7 basic, 2 support from siding giants/elves) would allow you 9 bank slots, enabling you to store a lot more leading to more potential in making money, as you'd throw stuff out less with a clean inventory.

Also doing the whole saga on all 9 = 9 free pets with a aoe effect. Making missions easier and giving more space with its inventory.

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 15, 2018
    It is not realism, it is a gold sink. It is an inherent gold sink as it is nearly unfeasible to avoid this cost in any playstyle one wishes to take up. When you have infinite sources of money, one should have infinite sources of permanently destroying it.
    BronzebreakTwelieImaizumipeloisan
  • truth7truth7
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Well, maybe I use my good equipment all the time that why I end up like this. I should use different weapons in different situations as you said. Also good to know that if I use my other characters, then it will be much easier to earn more gold by doing the saga mission.
    Thank you very much, Zuomo and YangKoete for yours advises. ^^
  • violetkittvioletkitt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    When you are an older player and wasn't given the free character cards to have more moolah and have to actually buy them...
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    violetkitt wrote: »
    When you are an older player and wasn't given the free character cards to have more moolah and have to actually buy them...

They gave out the extra cards a long time ago to older accounts, if you didn't receive them send in a ticket.
    violetkittImaizumi
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    YangKoete wrote: »
    A rumour come out; Does Bruno Mars is gay?

Thank you.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    It is not realism, it is a gold sink. It is an inherent gold sink as it is nearly unfeasible to avoid this cost in any playstyle one wishes to take up. When you have infinite sources of money, one should have infinite sources of permanently destroying it.

I still think we could do with a few more, an example (Would maybe increase cash shop sales because reforge addiction too) this would be an NPC shop so gold gets removed, and make it all untradeable as well.

15x Fine reforges 300k ea
    3x Credine 900k ea
    1x Forgetful pot 2m ea
    2x Direct dye amp 1m ea
    2x Direct metal dye 1m ea
    1x Enchant protection 2m ea

Maybe some other things as well, have that restock on weekly reset. I really doubt it'd hurt cash shop sales, it would be an incredible gold sink as well. The other upside is it'd hurt the reforge selling bots, and make the game much less pay to progress.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

I still think we could do with a few more, an example (Would maybe increase cash shop sales because reforge addiction too) this would be an NPC shop so gold gets removed, and make it all untradeable as well.

15x Fine reforges 300k ea
    3x Credine 900k ea
    1x Forgetful pot 2m ea
    2x Direct dye amp 1m ea
    2x Direct metal dye 1m ea
    1x Enchant protection 2m ea

Maybe some other things as well, have that restock on weekly reset. I really doubt it'd hurt cash shop sales, it would be an incredible gold sink as well. The other upside is it'd hurt the reforge selling bots, and make the game much less pay to progress.

It does when you make the prices cheaper than buying them from other players.
    Twelie
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    The NX item sellers will just sell for less.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Hmm no, mabi is originally build with glass canon single target in mind. Then they screw things up and make everything too tanky. Now they have a problem with the repair mechanic being too expensive.

because they sell stats and progression, any form of rebalancing will screw the paying player. So now they just give up and spit out gacha every week.

Too tanky? Have you actually done sidhe/phantasm? Repairs are fine, if you wanna get that extra damage you gotta pay for it. Also when have they sold stats, aside from unneeded second titles? Crafted gear is still better than gacha gear too so...

It's a losing battle, but the dyes would at least provide a gold sink.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 17, 2018
    Also when have they sold stats .

Creepy...Haunted....Spooky...Eerie...Icarus..... do those names ring any bells?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Arjune wrote: »
    Also when have they sold stats .

Creepy...Haunted....Spooky...Eerie...Icarus..... do those names ring any bells?

Ah right, forgot about those entirely tbh. I guess in the same vein there was the floor enchants too.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Hmm no, mabi is originally build with glass canon single target in mind. Then they screw things up and make everything too tanky. Now they have a problem with the repair mechanic being too expensive.

because they sell stats and progression, any form of rebalancing will screw the paying player. So now they just give up and spit out gacha every week.

Too tanky? Have you actually done sidhe/phantasm? Repairs are fine, if you wanna get that extra damage you gotta pay for it. Also when have they sold stats, aside from unneeded second titles? Crafted gear is still better than gacha gear too so...

It's a losing battle, but the dyes would at least provide a gold sink.

Yup.
    Sidhe boss is too tanky. Nearly all dungeon mobs are too tanky.
    I don't want extra damage, i just want profit for running content in mabinogi. Not just junk and broken equipment. Especially when i paid lots of gold just for making adv hm dungeon pass.

I agree 100% that dungeon passes cost too much considering the rewards they give. I've probably done around 200 AAHM runs and I've yet to see a radiant string drop.
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    You could afk at crystal defender and get 14k x5 every day for doing nothing besides running to the safe spot and hitting one mob once, which is enough of repairs for a newbie. You could create a couple of characters in merchant talent and give those maces to your giant to dual wield. 1 point of 100% repair being 1 gold. You could add some goddess' or caliburn enchants on that later. Get a similar lance for your human this way. You use trash weapons on trash mobs.
    Basically, 1) the game doesn't spoonfeed stuff which does not necessarily mean there's none.
    2) repair fees are here for the extra fancy or effective gear so it feels fair.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Sidhne Finnecaid needs to be nerfed on its lower levels, if but to make a daily, casual run more feasible. It is such a hassle for the beginner difficult to be so time consuming with the amount of health points these creatures have. I feel bad wasting durability when those levels are hardly rewarding.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Sidhne Finnecaid needs to be nerfed on its lower levels, if but to make a daily, casual run more feasible. It is such a hassle for the beginner difficult to be so time consuming with the amount of health points these creatures have. I feel bad wasting durability when those levels are hardly rewarding.
    I also think if a stone hits a level X amount of times it should lock to nothing lower. I've had my dex stone at 29 6 times now and it's 24 atm. The rng there is brutal, step upgrading feels like a joke after sidhe.