Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Holiday in Erinn

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited May 23, 2018 in Vault
The Hot Days continue, but with a twist! Head to Dunbarton to register a main character, and receive a quest to keep track of your progress. Complete the quest to receive a brand new Balloon Puppy Whistle! Check out the full details here!

160129_milletianevents_head_2.jpg

Holiday in Erinn

Event Dates: May 23rd, After Maintenance - June 7th, Before Maintenance

Event Details:

• Talk to Annie in Dunbarton to register a main character.
  • After registering a character, you will receive a quest that will require you to log in for 9 days.
  • Each day begins at 7 AM PDT.
  • Stay logged in for 36 minutes each day for the quest objective to complete.
  • Once you complete all 9 objectives, you can complete the quest for a brand new Balloon Puppy Whistle!

Balloon Puppy Details:

• The inventory size is 6x10!
  • The Balloon Puppy's summoning time is 130 minutes.
  • It has the same stats and skills as the Balloon Pony!
  • It can be dyed with a Pet Dye Ampoule, but only the body can be dyed.

Rewards:

• Day 1: Full Recovery Potion (Event)(Quantity: 5)
  • Day 2: Golden Experience Fruit (500%)(Quantity: 2)
  • Day 3: Unlimited Shadow Mission Pass
  • Day 4: Unrestricted Dungeon Pass
  • Day 5: Rusty Hammer of Proficiency
  • Day 6: Double Combat EXP Potion (2 hr)
  • Day 7: Lucky Blue Upgrade Stone
  • Day 8: Lucky Red Upgrade Stone
  • Day 9: Spirit Liqueur of Blessing
  • Final Reward (Complete the quest to receive this item): Balloon Puppy Whistle

idhvjsfs.png
JazmynpeloisanFabe

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    OMG! That's so cute. Being able to dye it is really nice too!
    Fabe
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Oof~

The cries of players can be heard as yet another AFK event emerges.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Aw! It's adorable. <3
    I loved the Puppy Balloon. Now we get a pet version of it :D
    Fabe
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Well, it's only a full day in Erinn time, thankfully. It generally takes me around an hour to finish my dailies so this is do-able.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Zuomo wrote: »
    Oof~

If you read the conversation, she suggests hanging out and meeting new people. I don't think it was intended to be an "AFK event", but a "try and socialize with others" event...
    Fabe
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Zuomo wrote: »
    Oof~

If you read the conversation, she suggests hanging out and meeting new people. I don't think it was intended to be an "AFK event", but a "try and socialize with others" event...

Combination AFK and Attendance Event!
    Jazmyn
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Ah yes, another AFK event. Is this 36 minute afk event suppose to balance out the 10 hour one, cuz that's not how maths work.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    edited May 23, 2018
    I don't see how the event is offering incentives to to "try and socialize with others" though. The incentive is to AFK if you haven't already been AFKing for the sake of the other events.

One event I can think of that actually offers incentives to socialize with others would be the Hillwen defense mini game. You got decent exp and gold if you weren't a high to end game player for communicating and working together with others in order to fend off waves of monsters and zombies.
    CDMaril
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Imaizumi wrote: »
    I don't see how the event is offering incentives to to "try and socialize with others" though. The incentive is to AFK if you haven't already been AFKing for the sake of the other events.

One event I can think of that actually offers incentives to socialize with others would be the Hillwen defense mini game. You got decent exp and gold if you weren't a high to end game player for communicating and working together with others in order to fend off waves of monsters and zombies.

No one said anything about "incentives" to socialize. I read the story, and I was under the impression the character would like for us to socialize and just do whatever we want in order to get the reward; we aren't tied down to playing a mini-game, or delivering flowers, or caring for an egg; we can do whatever we please (as long as it is within the TOS, lol).

In my opinion, the reward is not an incentive to "AFK" anyways, it's to be logged in, which you can do things, as someone else mentioned their dailies take longer then one in-game day. With all of these events, that's one thing I cannot understand.... Most everyone on the forums say things along the lines of "they make me AFK for 10 hours, 2 hours, 36 minutes," whatever it is. But, no one is making anyone AFK. You CAN play the game AND socialize while waiting for the rewards, if you want them. You do NOT lose out on the rewards by moving around the world, running dungeons, shadow missions, or chatting with people....
    Bronzebreak
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    3 AFK events at a time... seriously?
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    *Unpopular opinion, it seems*
    I like the rewards from this.

I like the timeframe for this.

aaaaaand IDon'tMindAFKEventsAlthoughPhoenixISALittleOverkill.
    JazmynFluorette
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    AFK Events aren't classified as such because they incentivize or force you to AFK; the point is that they don't incentivize you to do anything significant other than staying logged in, which means people will end up AFKing for the reward. Whatever Annie says is entirely inconsequential if it has no effect on the event.

You could see AFK Events as a betrayal of the player's expectation that an "Event" is a special occasion that offers entertainment through some significant form of active participation (or certain forms of passive entertainment like performances). From the company's perspective, events are about retaining or boosting player engagement and what we end up classifying as "AFK Event" is simply the cheapest and easiest version of that (next to "logintoimmediatelyreceivefreestuff" events). As you imply, "the reward is an incentive to be logged in so you can do all the same things you could do outside of the event". Does that excite you?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the freebies and I'll gladly take them but let's not pretend that the NPC's inconsequential flavor-text excuse makes this event anything other than what it is.
    YoridenIyasenuLalorikoBlissfulkill
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    Let's be honest, no matter what event they pick people are going to complain about it.

AFK Event: We wanna do something fun, wtc Nexon actually put some effort into it!
    Active Event: This is way too much work for a stupid event, people have lives outside this game Nexon!!
    Attendance Event: This is outdated and unfair Nexon, I couldn't get on because of ____ so I don't get a prize?!

That said, this is a social game and people shouldn't require an event to be social. It's only an AFK event if you're a lone wolf.
    JazmynMizukiHayama
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited May 24, 2018
    Zephyrmaru wrote: »
    Let's be honest, no matter what event they pick people are going to complain about it.

AFK Event: We wanna do something fun, wtc Nexon actually put some effort into it!
    Active Event: This is way too much work for a stupid event, people have lives outside this game Nexon!!
    Attendance Event: This is outdated and unfair Nexon, I couldn't get on because of ____ so I don't get a prize?!

That said, this is a social game and people shouldn't require an event to be social. It's only an AFK event if you're a lone wolf.

Exactly this. (Also on "Active Event: These rewards aren't even worth it! I wont bother!")

All my original point was, was that you DO NOT HAVE TO AFK. It's YOUR choice. You CAN do something productive or fun WHILE receiving FREE STUFF. You don't even HAVE to deliver bouquets if you don't want to. It's YOUR choice. Nexon does NOT force you to do anything, ESPECIALLY, AFK. The game was MADE to play, not made to AFK.

And that "inconsequential flavor-text" was translated by our localization team, and created by a developer or story writer, whomever. So yes, someone DID put SOME sort of time and effort into the so-called "AFK" events that many get so upset by. Look at how many events we HAVE going on. I can't imagine actually thinking that most events are "a special occasion". However, that doesn't change the fact that someone is putting thought and effort into something, but apparently for many, it will never be enough.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 24, 2018
    Smh, people complain for being forced to be logged in for 36 minutes to get a guaranteed item, meanwhile we got other two events which one require you to be online 2 hours for a better chance to get homestead stuff and other one for freaking 10 hours and you still get crap rewards from it.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited May 24, 2018
    All my original point was, was that you DO NOT HAVE TO AFK. It's YOUR choice. You CAN do something productive or fun WHILE receiving FREE STUFF. You don't even HAVE to deliver bouquets if you don't want to. It's YOUR choice. Nexon does NOT force you to do anything, ESPECIALLY, AFK. The game was MADE to play, not made to AFK.

Technically you never HAVE to afk for afk events. It's just the absolute minimum and generally what people do.

To be honest, AFK events seem like a good idea from a company perspective. It gets people into the game, it tempts them to play the game and potentially get hooked, invested, or whatever. The only problem is, it doesn't seem to work as well as active events (albeit, good active events [good being either entertaining or rewarding]). I've seen some pretty abysmal activity (Ruairi) on channel 1 and on my friends list since the treasure box event ended (the last worthwhile active event). There were some people who did the orphan event, sure I'm not saying there weren't, but even since that event ended (or as it reached the end) people stopped setting up shops and logging in.

Opinions, just my opinions and personal observations.
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    Zephyrmaru wrote: »

Exactly this. (Also on "Active Event: These rewards aren't even worth it! I wont bother!")

And that "inconsequential flavor-text" was translated by our localization team, and created by a developer or story writer, whomever. So yes, someone DID put SOME sort of time and effort into the so-called "AFK" events that many get so upset by. Look at how many events we HAVE going on. I can't imagine actually thinking that most events are "a special occasion". However, that doesn't change the fact that someone is putting thought and effort into something, but apparently for many, it will never be enough.

While I definitely agree with you, I'll warn ya now not to get too upset by it because it was like this half a decade ago and it'll continue like this for another half-decade xD

No matter the MMO, some people are born to complain. And not all complaining is bad, not at all. But I honestly love the nice buffet of events atm and how well they sync together. Was enough to bring me and quite a lot of my friends back for the summer, so that's saying something.
    Jazmyn
  • FabeFabe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,650
    Balloon Puppy !!!! <3 Ohmygerd!!!
    Jazmyn
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    pupperr!!!! <3
    JazmynZephyrmaru
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I'm surprised that the people who complain about the Scooters and Food Trucks existing haven't shown up to this thread. XD