Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why do we delete everything and get a new forum?

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    @Iyasenu Here is the link to the old forums while they're still there.

mabinogi.nexon.net/Community/forums
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Community/forums#/forumdisplay.php?10&nxid=10
    Crimsọn
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    @Greta

I have intermediate knowledge with HTML and know what was used to break the forums, but even I can't quite figure out a way to fix it. Sure they could take the easy route and disable all of tags used to break things, but I highly doubt that's the approach they want to take since you're then punishing everyone else. It's definitely not an easy thing to fix, so don't down play it.

@Iyasenu

You can access the old forums here: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Community/forums#/forumdisplay.php?10&nxid=10
    The URLs are all the same, it's just that the community links on the main site direct to these new forums instead of the old ones.
    Crimsọn[Deleted User]
  • AxelrodAxelrod
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,165
    These forums are better than the last, and that's the main reason the shift was necessary. Avatars will be customizable in the future, so using that as a reason to hate this set is immature at best. A reset post count means all of your past mistakes are essentially whiped along with the best memories, so it balances out.

Literally the only thing I hate about the new forum is its shift from bbcode to HTML. So far the results have been great seeing as we've lost image and quoting privileges. But hopefully things will get better... sooner rather than later preferably.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    I wish we could go back to BBcode so we could post images again. Because I don't think is a way they can enable images again without enabling html with this particular forum. Rip images.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Literally me right now http://imgur.com/a/t2mEs
    I made it since i was bored while maintenance was going.
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 12, 2017
    @Raelia So you are using dummy accounts to like your own posts? Very smart, but kind of abusing when you are looking at badges.

Got a "very cute" proof: http://imgur.com/a/5FOxK
    [Deleted User]
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    @Greta

That picture collage...jeez.
    [Deleted User]Crimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 12, 2017
    @BerrySwirl I like to gather evidence. I'm too into detective stuff probably... XD Since it would be too uncomfortable to upload every single image lol.
    Berryswirl[Deleted User]
  • LetusLetus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,130
    At least it is mobile friendly?
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    lol@Hardmuscle No kidding! XD
    [Deleted User]
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    edited January 13, 2017
    lidiya
    Lidiya said:

I'm on the side scrap this new, and "improved" forum, and go back to the old one... the one we could set our own avatars, quote people properly, link videos properly, and use images properly until they figure out these new crap forums.
    the html is disabled due to exploits they dont know how to lock off just yet
  • SphereSphere
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    These forums feel like a downgrade. Thinking about searching for a fan made forum.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    edited January 13, 2017
    Sphere
    Sphere said:

These forums feel like a downgrade. Thinking about searching for a fan made forum.
    There's already one out there that everyone knows about but it's somehow dead.
    [Deleted User]
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited January 13, 2017
    Just so you guys know, they are working on fixing all of the forums.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/31605/#Comment_31605
    [Deleted User]MissFortunePoxie
  • GretaGreta
    Wow just wow. Why don't they inform Mabinogi players like that? Smh. If it still doesn't get fixed in a month i'll be flipping tables.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    At least they informed someone. OneLetter doesn't really post these things anywhere because that's not their job. They are only being active in Maple's forum because they don't have a replacement CM yet, and that's also probably why Maplers are the first to get informed of this stuff.
    [Deleted User]
  • HabinogiHabinogi
    Mabinogi Rep: 735
    edited January 14, 2017
    Habinogi@Buffalos : The fix is most-likely to simply set a limit on the amount of characters per form/post that can be submitted.
    Breaking something (computer-wise) is often/usually due to exceeding the memory capacity of the system after all.
    Well, what is this, formatting and quoting on this version of the forums seems to be less... aesthetics-able.
    ..........................................................................................................................................................................

Buffalos
    Buffalos said:

@Greta

I have intermediate knowledge with HTML and know what was used to break the forums, but even I can't quite figure out a way to fix it.

Buffalos@Iyasenu

You can access the old forums here: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Community/forums#/forumdisplay.php?10&nxid=10
    The URLs are all the same, it's just that the community links on the main site direct to these new forums instead of the old ones.

• ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    Despite the issues of the previous forum, I certainly liked it a whole lot more than this current one. The reloading issue users had was due to the browser they were using mostly. On Chrome it always had issues and I saw it when I was using my tablet which has Chrome as the main browser. So I understand there, but when I am on my pc like I am now, I use Firefox since I've never been a fan of Chrome itself. I never had issues on the old forum and was able to navigate easily and was willing to browse it everyday.

For this forum, I don't really like having to restart the post count again, nor the loss of the forum title for now. (if we can even get those back here?)
    The forum is too white, and while I can make it a dark theme if I choose to do so it just doesn't have the same feeling as the old forum did.

I'm also not a novice with html or bbcode so either works for me but having to read the quotes while it's being fixed is really annoying. I know it'll be fixed eventually though, but hope it's sooner than later. The same applies to the avatars as well, having custom ones available changes a lot of things.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 15, 2017
    Sorry but I am kind of happy that the forum titles are gone. I think they created a level favoritism and imbalance in the old forums. I know Sabina was trying to do something fun but ultimately she couldn't do it for everyone and that left a lot of people left out.

However...I think it would be cool to see a feature implemented where we can add our own titles (as long as we are not impersonating employees or mods). :)
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    honestly? im willying to bet julie's discord server works better than these forums right now

but that's like deciding which poop is the tastiest, i mean it's the tastiest poop, but it's still poop
    HaruRinn