Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cookie island is pure struggle

DianusiaDianusia
Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
edited May 25, 2018 in General Chat
Nexon, why
This is saltiest event I ever saw here, after getting my whole eq blessing killed by cookie witch (is this really solo?!) and whole dura eaten on FOUR WEAPONS before making this quest....
.....just to see that I will fight her again tommorow
IS THIS A JOKE

Comments

• YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Well, I can see how this is AGGRIVATING for many...This is my favourite event overall. In all honesty, I like this sheerly because she is so darn strong. I did this when I was a newbie with only fireball to my name for any mid-tier magic. I still beat her, it was hard. But worth it, to me.

My magic got stronger, I got my first pet from an event and it was the first pet I got when I moved to Alexina from Tarlach.

So...Pretty much, just keep tryin'. Use Mana Shield, Crises Escape and anything that can get out of her Candy Bomb's range/make her stop targeting you for a moment and just pray, really. Bosses are HARD.
    SoraHakuDA
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited May 26, 2018
    I don't know she seems a lot.. tankier, than last time.
    My sakura abyss usually took her out. but this time, didn't do much to her. But I couldn't do a full charge cause Kupas.
    Also don't remember Kupas spawning with her(Which can't be put to sleep). Maybe my memory is just god awful.
  • EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    I wasn't here for the event last time, but she was definitely a lot harder than I expected.
    Jazmyn
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    A good help for the Cookie Witch would probably be Blunt Weapon Smash (for Silence, hopefully) with a Guard Cylinder in off hand to use sand Burst if you fail to silence too much or need a breather.

Also Divine Link if ya have it.

But yeah, it may be best to just forgo equips to save on lost blessings.

You have infinite auto-revives, so not like you need to wear armor to live all that much.

Her Thunder would probably be the worst thing, since it hits multiple times, so wearing Lightning Elements could help.
    That'd make her Ice Spear hurt more, but it's still just one hit, you could Pot up from it.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Harukari wrote: »
    My sakura abyss usually took her out. but this time, didn't do much to her. But I couldn't do a full charge cause Kupas.
    Also don't remember Kupas spawning with her(Which can't be put to sleep). Maybe my memory is just god awful.

Kupas definitely weren't present last time around.
    YangKoeteImaizumi
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    chain blade for silencing could work too if you have a chain blade (which most people do) and have a decent chain crush rank. can't really give more advice atm myself, since I'm a few days behind on the quest. looking forward to it though. sounds like it'll really be a challenge. I mean, two years ago she was pretty weak
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    The Kupas don't always appear when fightin' Minty. I've only had them spawn twice so far and I'm doin' the snack tent quest 4 times a day (my main plus 3 of my 4 other chars Bloody giant is too weak for anythin'). I think the Kupas were there last year but don't hold me to it.

Me? welp I just use chain blade and if Minty starts hittin' me too much I just summon an AoE pet, usually a nimbus. And derp! I always forget to divine link, that would definitely keep her off me.

As for my other 3 chars:
    My 2 other elves I just use ninja and my bone dragon or nimbus
    For my human (note: she's my oldest and first char) I use FH and a nimbus (good grief FH is so ridiculously OP like sickening so)

Would use my giant but she's useless, if I'd take the time to acquire the ninja skills for her then she MIGHT be somewhat useful lol
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    The Kupas don't always appear when fightin' Minty. I've only had them spawn twice so far and I'm doin' the snack tent quest 4 times a day (my main plus 3 of my 4 other chars Bloody giant is too weak for anythin'). I think the Kupas were there last year but don't hold me to it.

Me? welp I just use chain blade and if Minty starts hittin' me too much I just summon an AoE pet, usually a nimbus. And derp! I always forget to divine link, that would definitely keep her off me.

As for my other 3 chars:
    My 2 other elves I just use ninja and my bone dragon or nimbus
    For my human (note: she's my oldest and first char) I use FH and a nimbus (good grief FH is so ridiculously OP like sickening so)

Would use my giant but she's useless, if I'd take the time to acquire the ninja skills for her then she MIGHT be somewhat useful lol

They were not there. I killed Cookie Witch several times during the original event, and she spawned nothing. (I was far weaker, so it took vastly longer)
    YangKoeteImaizumi
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    cool beans
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Harukari wrote: »

Kupas definitely weren't present last time around.

My rank 4 chain crush did jack squat she just ran up to me and punched my face in, still one cause I called my bone dragon and let it fight her while I healed when my health got low. I think she might be immune to typical crowd control.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Ugh... I don't see the difference. She's still weak and it's easy to dodge her Fireball. If i somehow fail to dodge it, i only deal like 300-500 damage from it (i have like 1400 HP), so yeah... The only difference i notice is that someone pointed out that she was alone in a that room last year and now she has a Kupa spawn with her this year. Remembered it after reading that statement. I can still kill her with few r1 Chain Crush uses, even though she can't get knocked out.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I did it on an alt that's only like level 300 total and no kupas spawned with her.... my guess is she was beefed up for players over a certain total level... maybe 500+ or 1k+
    Fighting a beautiful woman is the most painful thing I have ever done. I am a lover, not a fighter. Why cannot we make love to the Cookie Witch? :(
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 27, 2018
    Fighting a beautiful woman is the most painful thing I have ever done. I am a lover, not a fighter. Why cannot we make love to the Cookie Witch? :(

Do you want to make love with Succubuses, Sirens and Merrow too? Maybe even Duke? :D
    Greta wrote: »

Do you want to make love with Succubuses, Sirens and Merrow too? Maybe even Duke? :D

Yes to everyone sans Duke. What kind of question is that?!

I mean, have you seen Succubus Kristell? The Succubus Queen? The Succubus Queen from Vindictus?

Succubus_Queen_%28Enemy%29.png

a45d4c41fa05d670faaadd2e99a552e0.jpg

I mean, look at them! They are almost as beautiful as you!

Not sure why'd you mention Duke though. He isn't even on Griffith's level of attractiveness. 3/10 would not let him go Eclipse on me.
    Zarozian
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 27, 2018

Er... because she steals children... Incase you forgot that part... Lol.
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Because she's lonely as heck? I am lonely as heck! Put us together and I'll give her all the children she will ever want!
    YangKoete
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    DubenYz.gif

lol
    JazmynDaktaro
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 27, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Because she's lonely as heck? I am lonely as heck! Put us together and I'll give her all the children she will ever want!

So.... You're saying being lonely as heck makes it okay to steal children? xD Where I'm from, not only is it morally wrong, but it's also illegal. LOL.
  • GretaGreta
    LMFAO, thanks for making my day Blissfullkill. We can say it was a bliss.