Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Glorious Past of The Old Mabinogi Community!

Comments

• ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    edited May 27, 2018
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Zarozian wrote: »
    Well a majority of this community is plagued with people who are pessimistic, narcissistic and have severe social anxiety, low self esteem, and insecurity, much of it is linked to mommy and daddy issues, as well as impulsive spending and gambling addiction. That's all that's left anymore.

You wanna do God's work? Then fix this mess for me. I'm going to bed.

That’s a pretty inflammatory and insulting statement to make toward other players/forum members; if I can be blunt, that kind of toxicity is uncalled for, and not conducive for someone who believes they can “fix” a perceived problem with multiple threads showing off a server in the past.

You’re not going to win people over by insulting them or trying to force them to mold to your ideals.

Yeah you're right. I let the toxicity get to me a bit. But honestly there's no one I really wanna win over anymore.

There's really nothing I can work with here at all, Aqua, and it's pretty much demotivating me to try anything either, you ask yourself why invest or make progress in a game where there's really no one left that you'd wanna be around? =/

Cause honestly what made Mabi fun for me was just the great people that it had all along, not some fashion nonsense that no one really cared about, not how powerful you can become, but just a group of people you can do a lot of stuff together with. We just don't have that here anymore. Heck I even come back to these forums and I already got haters on me, like what do you want me to do? =/
  • KalephrexKalephrex
    Mabinogi Rep: 415
    what made Mabi fun for me was just the great people that it had all along

Well, at the end of the day, Mabinogi is a game. The social aspect is just a side effect of a multiplayer system. And people will play for different reasons, some you can call vain or narcissistic, but those are standards for a way of life and not a game. A "fantasy life" is supposed to be what you DON'T get in real life. The fancy fashion, the awesome weaponry, and the unique experience are all things that this game offers. So if you're looking for happiness, ask yourself why you play. There doesn't have to be an answer but it's good just to have that thought in mind. I, personally, am aiming for the Soluna Blade which is notoriously impossible to craft. But I'll grind into the sunset and I'll help others and get help as I go along. I don't expect to fix people; that's not how it works. At the end of the day, I play a game to get what I want to get out of it and I don't let other people stop me. I don't run into that many bad apples in Mabi, but sometimes an extra sugar coating cxan go a long way. And sometimes, you have to candy those apples yourself.

Mabi is what you make of it. People are what you see of them. And life is what you live of it. So make mistakes, see different people, and live on. That's all anyone can ask of another.
    Bronzebreak
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 27, 2018
    This is pretty much echoing what Kalephrex said, but really, the best thing that can be done is just to relax, let people enjoy themselves, learn a little about everyone, and have fun yourself. Force isn’t going to win out, flowing like water is. Mabi’s survived so long because of freedom and options. People don’t need to be locked down.

This extend to new players as well, not everyone wants to be followed around or hand-held; in most cases someone’s probably joining because of a friend, or will otherwise ask questions/opinions.

Trying to turn something into “what it used to be” is almost always a fruitless idea, because times, values, and people change. There are still deeply-rooted and tightly-knit groups all across the servers, but they may not be readily apparent. Those nostalgic pangs omit or downplay the negative, no matter what, because that’s just how human psyches function.
    Bronzebreak
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 28, 2018
    Buffalos wrote: »
    the mods keep moving the thread around. = ,=
    Mayhaps they moved this thread to the Alexina Server section because the thread has multiple screens shoots of Alexina characters enjoying events, the Alexina player, Zarozian, progressing through various content, and of Alexina Guilds gathering together.
    Or perhaps they have this made up vendetta against you. I dunno.

It's just this. Seen plenty of players talking about their experiences in Mabinogi and no one gave a crap about what server it did happen, so it stayed in General Chat category. Obviously Mods are biased on him at this moment.

Also Zaro is right about our community, this is a sad truth, if you want to see how trashy Mabinogi community can be, go and find some really really messed up Mabinogi Facebook groups where people literally make posts about harassing other people because of their looks or just of anything they can think of, and they are proud of doing it. I and my friends have reported that certain group multiple times for bullying and harassment posts and Facebook still shrugs it off.
    Imaizumi
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Greta wrote: »
    Buffalos wrote: »
    the mods keep moving the thread around. = ,=
    Mayhaps they moved this thread to the Alexina Server section because the thread has multiple screens shoots of Alexina characters enjoying events, the Alexina player, Zarozian, progressing through various content, and of Alexina Guilds gathering together.
    Or perhaps they have this made up vendetta against you. I dunno.

It's just this. Seen plenty of players talking about their experiences in Mabinogi and no one gave a crap about what server it did happen, so it stayed in General Chat category. Obviously Mods are biased on him at this moment.

Also Zero is right about our community, this is a sad truth, if you want to see how trashy Mabinogi community can be, go and find some really really messed up Mabinogi Facebook groups where people literally make posts about harassing other people because of their looks or just of anything they can think of, and they are proud of doing it. I and my friends have reported that certain group multiple times for bullying and harassment posts and Facebook still shrugs it off.

Yeah but let’s never forget the one time I really had to be cruel. A long time ago a certain girl got her pics leaked by this guy and she and her friends came to me cause they knew this guy hated me the most and I was the best at torturing and destroying him, so what they did was that they begged me to get revenge on him and provided me with all his information, his whole life story, his address, telephone, IP address and begged me to destroy him, they even got a lot of his friends on it too. I had everything I needed to ruin the guy’s life permanently if used right.

It was really that bad after I left. I didn’t major in psychology for this stuff you know!
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    haha
    i actually have one picture with zaro
    yxDTztF.jpg
    i was like ooo a shiny golem
    then like o, its that guy from the forums
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Daktaro wrote: »
    haha
    i actually have one picture with zaro
    yxDTztF.jpg
    i was like ooo a shiny golem
    then like o, its that guy from the forums

Oh hey I remember you!

And I remember that too! That was from that time I recently got that transformation and thought it was cool. There was never any true lore information about that token and we never see it ever again outside of G2.
    Daktaro
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430

That’s a pretty inflammatory and insulting statement to make toward other players/forum members; if I can be blunt, that kind of toxicity is uncalled for, and not conducive for someone who believes they can “fix” a perceived problem with multiple threads showing off a server in the past.

You’re not going to win people over by insulting them or trying to force them to mold to your ideals.

...As a neutral party, that logic is bad. While it's true that it was "aggressive", I have in the past 24 hours seen 'certain' people post way more toxic things at other people, usually at Zaro. And to pretend the forum mods aren't a little over-correct with Zarozian is a little naive. You can call him a drama baiter, or passive aggressive, but toxic is straight bias when half his topics are met with the same few people starting the issue. Either point the finger at all parties, or point em at none.

Personally, I'd prefer it if they were pointed at none. These forums used to be way more fun, and even back then there was Zaro and his haters and their rivalries...and that's perfectly fine to a degree. Players come to the forums less for help and more for a community to sink into, and like him or not you can already tell the forum postings are more active now that he's back. People keep throwing around the "community" being dead or reviving it, but from where I'm sitting the community is not far from where it used to be...it just needs room to breathe. Some drama, some friendships, some silly topics about what you just ate being more active. The community pieces haven't changed all that much, the forums themselves are far less personalized and less fun than they used to be.
    ZarozianDaktaro
  • ZarozianZarozian
    edited May 28, 2018
    Zephyrmaru wrote: »

...As a neutral party, that logic is bad. While it's true that it was "aggressive", I have in the past 24 hours seen 'certain' people post way more toxic things at other people, usually at Zaro. And to pretend the forum mods aren't a little over-correct with Zarozian is a little naive. You can call him a drama baiter, or passive aggressive, but toxic is straight bias when half his topics are met with the same few people starting the issue. Either point the finger at all parties, or point em at none.

Personally, I'd prefer it if they were pointed at none. These forums used to be way more fun, and even back then there was Zaro and his haters and their rivalries...and that's perfectly fine to a degree. Players come to the forums less for help and more for a community to sink into, and like him or not you can already tell the forum postings are more active now that he's back. People keep throwing around the "community" being dead or reviving it, but from where I'm sitting the community is not far from where it used to be...it just needs room to breathe. Some drama, some friendships, some silly topics about what you just ate being more active. The community pieces haven't changed all that much, the forums themselves are far less personalized and less fun than they used to be.

Man it's almost like real life, where those who get more offended wins. Unfortunately a tough cookie like me would be rather difficult to offend, as such I have little to complain about.

But thank you for always having my back Zephy. Ironically it's thanks to these things that I am able to find the best people, since it acts like a filter to keep those who are no good away from me anyways. = w=

Gotta take advantage of every disadvantage! Hardwork and sheer willpower and determination will always guarantee success! = 3=

However I don't think I will be exerting that much effort into this community anymore. I'll keep it lowkey. o 3o
    Zephyrmaru
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator

As a “neutral party” you’d be ignoring the years of flamebaiting, trolling posts and comments, as well as outright declarations of intent. Activity is nice and all, but not when it’s because of spam or harassment.

I’ve nothing against Zaro as a person, but constantly pushing the envelope to get a rise is what causes a lot of forum drama and headaches.

Not everyone is “in on the game”, nor does everyone want to play it, hence why I’ve been giving some advice here.
    BronzebreakMizukiHayama
  • ZarozianZarozian

As a “neutral party” you’d be ignoring the years of flamebaiting, trolling posts and comments, as well as outright declarations of intent. Activity is nice and all, but not when it’s because of spam or harassment.

I’ve nothing against Zaro as a person, but constantly pushing the envelope to get a rise is what causes a lot of forum drama and headaches.

Not everyone is “in on the game”, nor does everyone want to play it, hence why I’ve been giving some advice here.

I have no clue what you mean by any of that. o -o
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

I sincerely hope you're not calling yourself a neutral party either.
    Zarozian
  • ZarozianZarozian
    edited June 1, 2018
    Well it's pretty clear that he isn't. = w=

Pretty sure people would rather be on my side than anyone else's~ = w=

• ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    ... what's even going on in this thread. lol. .

Legit though mabi should get more social again. What with all the concerts, gatherings, etc.