[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cookie island is pure struggle

Comments

  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,320
    Posts: 6,229
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Fighting a beautiful woman is the most painful thing I have ever done. I am a lover, not a fighter. Why cannot we make love to the Cookie Witch? :(

    Do you want to make love with Succubuses, Sirens and Merrow too? Maybe even Duke? :D

    Woof.
    Radiant DawnAeolys
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,170
    Posts: 696
    Member
    edited May 27, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Fighting a beautiful woman is the most painful thing I have ever done. I am a lover, not a fighter. Why cannot we make love to the Cookie Witch? :(

    Er... because she steals children... Incase you forgot that part... Lol.
    giphy.gif
    Sherri
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    Posts: 254
    Member
    edited May 27, 2018
    Dianusia wrote: »
    Nexon, why
    This is saltiest event I ever saw here, after getting my whole eq blessing killed by cookie witch (is this really solo?!) and whole dura eaten on FOUR WEAPONS before making this quest....
    .....just to see that I will fight her again tommorow
    IS THIS A JOKE

    u strugglng with fighting her ive been defeating her with soft serve ice cream short swords
    that i got from fishing with baits from this event (or maybe picking up the ones dropped by others )
    and i dont think im that strong at all im just using final hit but if my final hit is still in cool down
    i just run around and do a bunch of smash-bash combo to her
    and u dont even have to take out all her hp yet just around 20% or something(not really sure)
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    The Kupas don't always appear when fightin' Minty. I've only had them spawn twice so far and I'm doin' the snack tent quest 4 times a day (my main plus 3 of my 4 other chars Bloody giant is too weak for anythin'). I think the Kupas were there last year but don't hold me to it.

    Me? welp I just use chain blade and if Minty starts hittin' me too much I just summon an AoE pet, usually a nimbus. And derp! I always forget to divine link, that would definitely keep her off me.

    As for my other 3 chars:
    My 2 other elves I just use ninja and my bone dragon or nimbus
    For my human (note: she's my oldest and first char) I use FH and a nimbus (good grief FH is so ridiculously OP like sickening so)

    Would use my giant but she's useless, if I'd take the time to acquire the ninja skills for her then she MIGHT be somewhat useful lol

    she summons Kuppas never seen her do that

    Greta wrote: »
    Ugh... I don't see the difference. She's still weak and it's easy to dodge her Fireball. If i somehow fail to dodge it, i only deal like 300-500 damage from it (i have like 1400 HP), so yeah... The only difference i notice is that someone pointed out that she was alone in a that room last year and now she has a Kupa spawn with her this year. Remembered it after reading that statement. I can still kill her with few r1 Chain Crush uses, even though she can't get knocked out.

    never seen her attack me with fireball either (maybe because i got mini effects checked)
    i think there is a blue bar floating maybe above her same to when e use snap cast
    i attack her and some how get her stunned whether im using final hit or smash-bash combo
    Greta wrote: »
    Fighting a beautiful woman is the most painful thing I have ever done. I am a lover, not a fighter. Why cannot we make love to the Cookie Witch? :(

    Do you want to make love with Succubuses, Sirens and Merrow too? Maybe even Duke? :D

    Yes to everyone sans Duke. What kind of question is that?!

    I mean, have you seen Succubus Kristell? The Succubus Queen? The Succubus Queen from Vindictus?

    Succubus_Queen_%28Enemy%29.png

    a45d4c41fa05d670faaadd2e99a552e0.jpg

    I mean, look at them! They are almost as beautiful as you!

    Not sure why'd you mention Duke though. He isn't even on Griffith's level of attractiveness. 3/10 would not let him go Eclipse on me.

    its good to find someone that thinks the same thing
    like if I could just control what to say to her on our first meeting
    I would say that I want to friends with her, even better i would say that I want to be more than just a friend to her
    shes so adorable and sweet her kidnapping the kids
    just adds to her charms shes childish, innocent and naive
    (is duke a guy) greta dont add guys on the list thats just disgusting
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Fighting a beautiful woman is the most painful thing I have ever done. I am a lover, not a fighter. Why cannot we make love to the Cookie Witch? :(

    Er... because she steals children... Incase you forgot that part... Lol.

    Because she's lonely as heck? I am lonely as heck! Put us together and I'll give her all the children she will ever want!

    So.... You're saying being lonely as heck makes it okay to steal children? xD Where I'm from, not only is it morally wrong, but it's also illegal. LOL.

    have u guys lived with 3-5 year old kids they take what they want since they dont know or care that its wrong
    besides she didnt kidnap the kids the kids were enticed by the sweet smell and went inside the tent
    she found them and decided not to let them leave besides the kids didnt seem to hate it there
    maybe she manipulated their sense of time
    try to listen to her in this event u might even feel sorry for her
    even the worst villains have a back story of their own it may not justify their actions
    but u could get an idea on how and why they became that way
    besides the second part of the event will start at may 31 "the run away ginger man"
    and we get to talk to the cookie wizard(cant remember talking to him last year tho)
    and we might get to understand a bit more to the reason behind the cookie witches actions

    i dont think shes a bad person at all she even put all those food just to gain some friends
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 37,870
    Posts: 5,423
    Member
    edited May 27, 2018
    noobodyzxz wrote: »

    have u guys lived with 3-5 year old kids they take what they want since they dont know or care that its wrong
    besides she didnt kidnap the kids the kids were enticed by the sweet smell and went inside the tent
    she found them and decided not to let them leave besides the kids didnt seem to hate it there
    maybe she manipulated their sense of time
    try to listen to her in this event u might even feel sorry for her
    even the worst villains have a back story of their own it may not justify their actions
    but u could get an idea on how and why they became that way
    besides the second part of the event will start at may 31 "the run away ginger man"
    and we get to talk to the cookie wizard(cant remember talking to him last year tho)
    and we might get to understand a bit more to the reason behind the cookie witches actions

    i dont think shes a bad person at all she even put all those food just to gain some friends

    The quotes overlapped so bad that i didn't notice the users name first, but the lack of punctuation and capital letters gave me the right guess who was writing and after scrolling up i realized that i was right after all. :D
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,010
    Posts: 495
    Member
    Been skipping the event, looks meh with meh rewards.

    There's a boss to fight though? Maybe I'll look into it.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,020
    Posts: 310
    Member
    Chuck Vs the Cracker Witch
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,050
    Posts: 2,444
    Member
    edited May 27, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Fighting a beautiful woman is the most painful thing I have ever done. I am a lover, not a fighter. Why cannot we make love to the Cookie Witch? :(

    Er... because she steals children... Incase you forgot that part... Lol.

    Because she's lonely as heck? I am lonely as heck! Put us together and I'll give her all the children she will ever want!

    So.... You're saying being lonely as heck makes it okay to steal children? xD Where I'm from, not only is it morally wrong, but it's also illegal. LOL.

    Understanding doesn't exactly translate to finding another's action to be morally correct. Sympathy that allows one to understand why someone did an act, or why they do things the way they do, but this doesn't necessarily encompass the idea of finding said actions justifiable.

    I sympathize for Cookie Witch, I empathize. One can do either of those things while precluding a lack of condemnation. If anything, it is important if we adopted a more understanding paradigm to how to approach people like her, not less.

    In the end, what most people need to hear in the end is not that they were doing the right thing, but to be understood as human beings.
    noobodyzxzJazmynRadiant Dawn
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,990
    Posts: 341
    Member
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Been skipping the event, looks meh with meh rewards.

    There's a boss to fight though? Maybe I'll look into it.

    You get a candy pet broom with it as well as a title. It's worth it for those who don't invest in the game...its another fun to have pet or more space. Other than that.....it's up to you.


    It's pretty harsh to fight if you're not setup for certain combat. In this one she's a mage with Kupas which is annoying. I've had it where she's done fireball and thunder almost right after each other. So it really depends on the AI rolls you get. I've always had to use mana shield to add to my HP pool. I would say that armor and mana shield will help those immensely if you ranked those. Humans still have final hit and elf's have final shot and their regular range which works well. Giants ....Wind guard and smash runs maybe? Transformation helps in all aspects to speed things up. Demi-god if you really get a bad AI.

    For those who are of higher ranks that see no point in this......I'm not sure if you should be in this thread posting advice that isn't condusive.

  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,680
    Posts: 342
    Member
    i just used sandburst. I did use barrier spykes but they do nothing to her magic spam prowess.
    My combo is: sand burst, powerful attack(maybe have blunt smash), crises escape, life drain- repeat
    Usually my bag of tricks is:
    Rag doll w/barrier spykes (haven't tried it)
    barrier spykes (doesnt work)
    sandburst (works)
    A cater/afk festia/shield and transformation. (doesnt work)
    Blunt smash with magic prevention (haven't tried it)
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,050
    Posts: 2,444
    Member
    Finallyfinishedsuncookiewitch.png
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,320
    Posts: 671
    Member
    I can't remember if she spammed so many shooting star fireballs last time we had this...

    Second time I fought her I FH'd immediately so she would have no time to cast her nonsense.
    Will see if I'm even able to get a second cotton candy broom since I got one last time. I might have suffered this questline for nothing lol.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,565
    Posts: 1,009
    Member
    edited May 28, 2018
    Finallyfinishedsuncookiewitch.png
    mLcWQdY.png
    xD

    [Her end story today was sad, just saying. She's still a bit nutty (hahahahaha, punny... some cookies have nuts) but we all have a bit of a crazy side to us sometimes.]

    On the topic of cookie witch difficulty, is it possible she is treated like the shadow mission difficulty in generation quests? I haven't had any kupa's spawn on me.... That being said, I'm still above 1000, soo.... not sure what to say here anymore.... I thought it was a good idea originally until I realized that is the capped difficulty....
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    Posts: 667
    Member
    edited May 28, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Fighting a beautiful woman is the most painful thing I have ever done. I am a lover, not a fighter. Why cannot we make love to the Cookie Witch? :(

    Do you want to make love with Succubuses, Sirens and Merrow too? Maybe even Duke? :D

    Yes to everyone sans Duke. What kind of question is that?!

    I mean, have you seen Succubus Kristell? The Succubus Queen? The Succubus Queen from Vindictus?

    Succubus_Queen_%28Enemy%29.png

    a45d4c41fa05d670faaadd2e99a552e0.jpg

    I mean, look at them! They are almost as beautiful as you!

    Not sure why'd you mention Duke though. He isn't even on Griffith's level of attractiveness. 3/10 would not let him go Eclipse on me.

    bliss, love me, for I am beautiful :D (I can also be the cookie witch if she's more your type)
    P2KQrYV.jpg

    jokes aside though, I like the cookie witch fight to be honest. my setup is gamyu armor + chain blade. I frequently use chain crush to daze and then just keep hitting her. the gamyu provides me with just enough defense to withstand her physical attacks without practically negaing them. as for the kupas, I like how they provide a little additional challenge. though I can understand newer players may have trouble with the fight
    Radiant Dawn
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,775
    Posts: 1,030
    Member
    The Witch says she's lonely, but she created everything to make friends. People come, and they're happy, but soon the sun sets and they must return home. Since she's been abandoned so often, she's afraid they won't come back. So she puts them under a spell to forget why they need to return. All they can think of is the fun days ahead with their cute witch friend, as well as all of the candy! You'd think this would be perfect, as she's done it before, but we're told everyone always leaves her. She always ends up needing to move elsewhere to find new friends. Why is this the case? You see, the answer is really quite simple.
    She puts those who oppose her into her candy. She told us she baked the cookies and caught the fish and made her home more welcoming, but she failed to mention where the candy came from. The gingerbread men and gummy bears always forget her over time. She said this happens every single time. They're the children who tried to leave. Her spell to make people forget their homes and everything important to them(as mentioned by Koo) is only temporary. When the spell wears off, they try to return home. Then she traps their soul into the gingerbread men and the gummy bears. No longer free, their only salvation is to stay within the tent that once appeared so welcoming. They quickly learn the harsh truth that the invitation was not of candy and fun and friendship, but only entrapment and existential horror. They can no longer exit the tent, as the sun would bake or melt them. What would happen to their soul after their sugary body was destroyed? Melted or baked, they'd merely be stuck forever. You could dispose of the body but as long as it's intact they will never be free. Their only hope is to dissolve in the waters surrounding the tent, but there are sugar fish who may tear them to pieces before they could have the sweet embrace of death. And what of the children who don't oppose to leaving, even after the spell wears thin? Look no further than at Koo's appearance after he is set free. He ate until he nearly tripled his size before entering. If the witch can't get you to stay with friendship alone, she'll make you eat until your heart gives out. When one child dies, they're turned into a sugar conch or a sugar flower and tossed aside as if it never happened. Then she drags in more friends in the hopes that her presence is enough to keep them to stay.What about the adults? or older siblings? Surely someone must notice eventually where all these children are going. And who better to send a message of to others when it comes to breaking the bonds of friendship? Anyone who enters to return the children home are met by entrapped souls, damned to a future of nothing but icing and sprinkles. After so long of nothing but songs about desserts and crepes and everything sweet and bad for your teeth, they've lost their touch to reality. They cannot remember the days they had fingers, and upon seeing a human/elf/giant enter the tent, they become sad, angry, and confused. They do the only thing children know how to. Revolt, fight back, have a temper tantrum. The gummy bear children, the youngest of them all, run around and cry. Their panicked screams alert the lower floors. The Gingerbread men, a little older than the gummy bears, know pack tactics because of their pre-teen ages. They work together to fight the thing that scared the young ones above. But, being elementary school kids. They're not enough.
    The older siblings and adults find their way into a room of kupas. The candies try to make noise, but no words come out. Upon being ignored, they hit the intruders or bite their ankles a few times. They're trying, desperately, to tell the intruders to leave while they still have a chance. That is why their face is of pure betrayal when they get hit. They know what happens next. The intruders make their way to the final floor and meet the Witch herself. She's angry that people would try to take her only friends from her. There are children, not yet transformed, enjoying their day with each other and eating candy. Some who have lost the will to return home have gained weight. The intruders try their best to reason with the Witch, but in the end it turns into battle. The Witch overpowers them, and a single fate is left for them. To become a creature that cannot speak words any humanoid could understand. A kupa. And thus, all the adults and older siblings that tried to save the children, become part of the damned. And watch the life drain from their eyes as the kids forget their reason to live. Why they want to go home. The will to go home. And all they can see and think and feel and want. Candy...

    Story about Witch inside, she deserved to get her *** beat because that dungeon is tedious af.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,050
    Posts: 2,444
    Member
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Fighting a beautiful woman is the most painful thing I have ever done. I am a lover, not a fighter. Why cannot we make love to the Cookie Witch? :(

    Do you want to make love with Succubuses, Sirens and Merrow too? Maybe even Duke? :D

    Yes to everyone sans Duke. What kind of question is that?!

    I mean, have you seen Succubus Kristell? The Succubus Queen? The Succubus Queen from Vindictus?

    Succubus_Queen_%28Enemy%29.png

    a45d4c41fa05d670faaadd2e99a552e0.jpg

    I mean, look at them! They are almost as beautiful as you!

    Not sure why'd you mention Duke though. He isn't even on Griffith's level of attractiveness. 3/10 would not let him go Eclipse on me.

    bliss, love me, for I am beautiful :D (I can also be the cookie witch if she's more your type)
    P2KQrYV.jpg

    jokes aside though, I like the cookie witch fight to be honest. my setup is gamyu armor + chain blade. I frequently use chain crush to daze and then just keep hitting her. the gamyu provides me with just enough defense to withstand her physical attacks without practically negaing them. as for the kupas, I like how they provide a little additional challenge. though I can understand newer players may have trouble with the fight

    Mmmm, thighs. Delicious, Succubus Queen thighs.

    *Loves you

    The reason I am doing the event questline is to meet up with my darling Cookie Witch. I am uncertain as to prior, but the event notice conspicuously left out all mentions of the Witch and her questline, alongside the nifty McWaffles title. She's a rather challenging boss, and is far less difficult than Stacky Cake. >_>
    nevyn25Radiant DawnMizukiHayama
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,095
    Posts: 280
    Member
    my main can just trololol but also doing it on a 400 something ttl human, doesnt have final hit or anything except basic as combat. i just dual wield the phoenix feather swords from this event and use tuan pet from music Q event to help take aggro. die a couple times but it's not so bad.
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Fighting a beautiful woman is the most painful thing I have ever done. I am a lover, not a fighter. Why cannot we make love to the Cookie Witch? :(

    Er... because she steals children... Incase you forgot that part... Lol.

    Because she's lonely as heck? I am lonely as heck! Put us together and I'll give her all the children she will ever want!
    mhOFM2V.gif

    Blissfulkill
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    Posts: 661
    Member
    Its okay, all she needs its a swift kick to the face to prevent all those annoying magic candies.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    Posts: 254
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    The Witch says she's lonely, but she created everything to make friends. People come, and they're happy, but soon the sun sets and they must return home. Since she's been abandoned so often, she's afraid they won't come back. So she puts them under a spell to forget why they need to return. All they can think of is the fun days ahead with their cute witch friend, as well as all of the candy! You'd think this would be perfect, as she's done it before, but we're told everyone always leaves her. She always ends up needing to move elsewhere to find new friends. Why is this the case? You see, the answer is really quite simple.
    She puts those who oppose her into her candy. She told us she baked the cookies and caught the fish and made her home more welcoming, but she failed to mention where the candy came from. The gingerbread men and gummy bears always forget her over time. She said this happens every single time. They're the children who tried to leave. Her spell to make people forget their homes and everything important to them(as mentioned by Koo) is only temporary. When the spell wears off, they try to return home. Then she traps their soul into the gingerbread men and the gummy bears. No longer free, their only salvation is to stay within the tent that once appeared so welcoming. They quickly learn the harsh truth that the invitation was not of candy and fun and friendship, but only entrapment and existential horror. They can no longer exit the tent, as the sun would bake or melt them. What would happen to their soul after their sugary body was destroyed? Melted or baked, they'd merely be stuck forever. You could dispose of the body but as long as it's intact they will never be free. Their only hope is to dissolve in the waters surrounding the tent, but there are sugar fish who may tear them to pieces before they could have the sweet embrace of death. And what of the children who don't oppose to leaving, even after the spell wears thin? Look no further than at Koo's appearance after he is set free. He ate until he nearly tripled his size before entering. If the witch can't get you to stay with friendship alone, she'll make you eat until your heart gives out. When one child dies, they're turned into a sugar conch or a sugar flower and tossed aside as if it never happened. Then she drags in more friends in the hopes that her presence is enough to keep them to stay.What about the adults? or older siblings? Surely someone must notice eventually where all these children are going. And who better to send a message of to others when it comes to breaking the bonds of friendship? Anyone who enters to return the children home are met by entrapped souls, damned to a future of nothing but icing and sprinkles. After so long of nothing but songs about desserts and crepes and everything sweet and bad for your teeth, they've lost their touch to reality. They cannot remember the days they had fingers, and upon seeing a human/elf/giant enter the tent, they become sad, angry, and confused. They do the only thing children know how to. Revolt, fight back, have a temper tantrum. The gummy bear children, the youngest of them all, run around and cry. Their panicked screams alert the lower floors. The Gingerbread men, a little older than the gummy bears, know pack tactics because of their pre-teen ages. They work together to fight the thing that scared the young ones above. But, being elementary school kids. They're not enough.
    The older siblings and adults find their way into a room of kupas. The candies try to make noise, but no words come out. Upon being ignored, they hit the intruders or bite their ankles a few times. They're trying, desperately, to tell the intruders to leave while they still have a chance. That is why their face is of pure betrayal when they get hit. They know what happens next. The intruders make their way to the final floor and meet the Witch herself. She's angry that people would try to take her only friends from her. There are children, not yet transformed, enjoying their day with each other and eating candy. Some who have lost the will to return home have gained weight. The intruders try their best to reason with the Witch, but in the end it turns into battle. The Witch overpowers them, and a single fate is left for them. To become a creature that cannot speak words any humanoid could understand. A kupa. And thus, all the adults and older siblings that tried to save the children, become part of the damned. And watch the life drain from their eyes as the kids forget their reason to live. Why they want to go home. The will to go home. And all they can see and think and feel and want. Candy...

    Story about Witch inside, she deserved to get her *** beat because that dungeon is tedious af.

    so in other words u just hate the quest cause u find her hard to defeat
    and u hate her so much that u imagine her as that
    correction the kupas, gummy bears and ginger bread man are the only ones that would remember her

    tried to record my last time with her but video quality too low to read
    good thing i found this video on youtube

    note: not my video, not my account, not my character, im not as OP as this guy
    but i could beat her with final hit or smash-bash combo to stun while equipped with soft serve ice scream sword
    and run around to dodge shooting star didnt see her spawn kupas for me tho
    I still want to fight her again and see her and talk to her more
    (to the person who owns this video please tell me if u want it removed)
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,085
    Posts: 469
    Member
    edited May 29, 2018
    I was able to defeat her easily surprisingly. When the battle starts, I quickly snapcast a (rank A) Fireball, chuck it at her, then used my chaincast+4 firewand to pelt her with (rank 1) firebolts. Sometimes, I get a crit with firebolt and shes down in one hit. I am also not near mastering Magic Mastery, Magic Weapon Mastery, Bolt Mastery nor Fire Magic Mastery. I am surprised at how I was able to cheese this since I remember having trouble during the original release of this event and I am using a new-ish character in Alexina.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,615
    Posts: 818
    Member
    Missed a few days so I only got to fight her today and went in thinking it should be a challenge based on this thread. But it is a disappointment. She died in just a few seconds of final hit....
    Greta