Check out the patch notes for the June 18th content update, My Little Pet: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23192/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"New and Powerful Enchants"

Comments

  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,865
    Posts: 2,755
    Member
    Trythis wrote: »
    @Blissfulkill I should of elaborated.

    The guns ( the officer girg dowras ) for example wotg does not use dura for normal attacks just like FH for humans.
    As for my Axe I could use it for wiz elite run but my tuanes and shuriken still do a great job and wave clear. So I'm not using my conqueror girg axe too often , infact most of the time I use FGS is if my parent is in danger of wipe in phant or alban so no I don't even use it casually in endgame either.
    Basically this just falls under different point of views, people like you want efficeny over anything else while others want the absolute best min/maxing and then people like me in the middle.

    Also I don't afk with that equipped since it uses dura.

    So a limited last time resort? I see, I think it sounds fairly agreeable. Maybe I am wrong.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    @blissfulkill re editted my posts spell check sure is annoying " if my parent is in danger of wipe" lol
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,335
    Posts: 197
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »
    There are enough gold sinks in game, and a lot of gold inflating factors are gone(Girg VHM,Saga 2 and conflict got nerfed). There is no need to push absurd repair fee with new content.
    Name a few that everyone uses. Because about the only ones I can think of are the NPC bought dungeon passes that are too cheap, and repairs. If I'm missing a few, please inform me of what they are.
    It's nice that they've removed some of the abused gold sources from the game, but none of that will remove the gold they generated and is currently being stagnated in the market to increase prices of mundane items.

    well how about not introducing absurd unregulated gold sources to the game "for teh lulz" that anyone with 2 fingers of forehead could tell was a bad idea?

    the only alternative after the market crashed is to make gold worthless and just use bound new currencies every new patch like every other MMO out there does

    kind of absurd to expect a free market to self regulate when you basically have infinite money honestly

    scrap that, it's stupid to expect a free market to self regulate at all, inb4 kelp is a commie
    Sherri
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,110
    Posts: 661
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    I am banging my head at having that argument misunderstood, though perhaps I am failing to comprehend yours. I believe I should ask for a source, but where is specific usage of this weapon sustainable, that isn't gained through any other method, and is consistent enough to pay for the expected duration lost?

    I specifically mention a subset of players because the inflation is heavily favored more than what the developers expected due to certain events, to the point they shut specific methods down so that the value of gold wouldn't become worthless except in the bulk only the top players had achieve in that time frame.

    I can believe you when you say luxury for the sake of pride is a viable goal, but I fail to see where the profit margins are not red across the board. Though I am honestly not familiar with preventing or slowing duration loss. As an elf, we don't have access to final hit, so that skill is out.

    I suppose I should clarify, gold has dropped in value because overall, we earned more of it, yet the distribution is way off more than it should, due to the aforementioned factors. While higher geared players should pay more to use their gear, I also expect a certain amount of profit for higher geared players, to cover costs and make dough.

    And I'm saying that if you know you can't afford to support it, then just don't get/use it. There are people that can, will and do use them. If you went to obtain these, with the intention of using them, then you went in fully knowing what you are building and what it will cost to maintain. None of it is forced upon you you simple decided that you wanted more power but don't want the cost associated with said power.
    ShouK
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,295
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Ask some questions before using your insane repair rate weapons:
    Am I gold farming? If yes, use that one sword I can full repair for 50k and still one shot everything thanks to power creep.
    Am I material farming hard content? Let's use that 100k/point weapon so that I can effectively farm for a material I could easily sell for that plus a little profit, or maybe even use it to make an even pointy-er sword.
    Honestly the game needs a fully required gold sink like repairs. We've had some monstrous inflation over the years and I'd much rather slowly fix that instead of having to continuously add more trade window capacity so that I can put 500 million in checks for a single item down the road.
    Rhey wrote: »
    Aren't they divine wep exclusive as well?
    The previewed ones appear to be, yeah.

    Wouldn't it be 140k for one point at 98%? I cannot imagine many rewarding content that wouldn't make up for spending one point. ONE POINT.

    It seems that something like Shadow Wiz Elite Spam with Crystals would be "one of the few" given time and durability spent, and one certainly do not need weapons like this for such content.

    In any case, tailoring the economic gold sinks to the 10% who farmed VHM Girgashiy in its heyday hurts the rest of the playerbase. You could say most are not in content that would greatly benefit from such weapons, and that is true. Yet, it is inane to assume that just because a player is strong, that they have mountains of gold sitting around.

    In which case, points to the bigger issue for all of us. This weapon isn't efficient, and many people are adverse to loss in profit already.

    Look at me, I'm pretty strong (I usually solo rooms in phantasm when I do run it) and I'm constantly broke for one reason or another. But being where I am, unless you're trying to hit specific break points *Like vhm girg where the extra few damage can mean something* the extra bit doesn't mean anything. I've tried to explain this to newer players who I see using the floor enchants on crks but always get flammed for it. If something has 10k hp, and you hit normally for 5k hitting 6k-9k literally will not make the run any faster as a crit would kill it in both cases. Hitting that 10k would make it faster as you won't be relying on crits at all.

    Obviously for bosses this is a bit different but it seems a lot of players think end game is quick shadow wiz farming (Spoiler, it's not any human with FH gear can do that).

    I do hope I'm not coming off as elitist because I really don't care if I get carried, or carry people. What annoys me is spreading of misinformation OR people talking "endgame" while being unable to run phantasm in a group. I honestly don't view myself as endgame right now yet either, I'd say the min req is probably 15-20k total.



    EDIT: reminded me of a pet project I'm doing, gonna see if I can get an R7 beginner chainblade and slap conquerer/67th on it. It won't be missing hardly any damage from a r6 celtic chain and will cost like 100g a point at 100%
    TrythisVeylaineImaizumi
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,865
    Posts: 2,755
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I am banging my head at having that argument misunderstood, though perhaps I am failing to comprehend yours. I believe I should ask for a source, but where is specific usage of this weapon sustainable, that isn't gained through any other method, and is consistent enough to pay for the expected duration lost?

    I specifically mention a subset of players because the inflation is heavily favored more than what the developers expected due to certain events, to the point they shut specific methods down so that the value of gold wouldn't become worthless except in the bulk only the top players had achieve in that time frame.

    I can believe you when you say luxury for the sake of pride is a viable goal, but I fail to see where the profit margins are not red across the board. Though I am honestly not familiar with preventing or slowing duration loss. As an elf, we don't have access to final hit, so that skill is out.

    I suppose I should clarify, gold has dropped in value because overall, we earned more of it, yet the distribution is way off more than it should, due to the aforementioned factors. While higher geared players should pay more to use their gear, I also expect a certain amount of profit for higher geared players, to cover costs and make dough.

    And I'm saying that if you know you can't afford to support it, then just don't get/use it. There are people that can, will and do use them. If you went to obtain these, with the intention of using them, then you went in fully knowing what you are building and what it will cost to maintain. None of it is forced upon you you simple decided that you wanted more power but don't want the cost associated with said power.

    I know I am not the best previously at addressing some of your major arguments, but you yourself haven't specified how, only that it is "possible". I proposed a specific inquiry several times, regarding the mathematical drain, and you have failed to provide an answer.

    You cannot expect me to agree or capitulate if you do not provide specifics; otherwise, it sounds like you are pulling my leg.
    How, exactly, do I make more money than I lose from duration, if my repair rate is 143k a point at 98%, to 290k at 100%, maybe taking in consideration repair kits, which i surmise is around...250k each?

    I ask where it is does one save gold or preserve durability?

    The following parameters are in effect.

    -The gold generated must be from the weapon usage itself, and not merely banking with easier to maintain weapons. Intermixed combat is fine, but not merely generating gold with a Cardinal Chain Blade or a Black Dragon Knight Sword in order to use the weapon 1% of the time. That renders the entire practice null in terms of my efficiency critique.

    -Let us not involve the usage of actual currency, such as how Premium or VIP slows Durability loss by a third.

    While yes, general progression goes from harder content pays more, allowing players to use harder hitting weapons that cost more. Essentially, it costs more to be a better, high level player. However, the outpacing of durability fees outpaces the expected gain in gold, though I relinquish gold isn't merely the only motivating factor.

    The idea being that the weapon usage is seemingly more reserved to fight or die scenarios than something that could be adequately used in even the most difficult content to reap a profit.

    I apologize for my prior behavior, I am calmer now.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
    Posts: 348
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

    EDIT: reminded me of a pet project I'm doing, gonna see if I can get an R7 beginner chainblade and slap conquerer/67th on it. It won't be missing hardly any damage from a r6 celtic chain and will cost like 100g a point at 100%

    can beginner weapons receive special upgrades?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,035
    Posts: 2,533
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Heehehe this is why I stick to my crappy store bought elven armor and only get a around 100-130 def (also depending if I use alchemy or not) but in return I save hundreds of thousands of gold. >:3

    Some people called me out on Ch 1 one day for having 3k CP and wasting my time playing music and not training. Bahaha that was hilarious x'D tryhards
    Zephyrmaru
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,865
    Posts: 2,755
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Ask some questions before using your insane repair rate weapons:
    Am I gold farming? If yes, use that one sword I can full repair for 50k and still one shot everything thanks to power creep.
    Am I material farming hard content? Let's use that 100k/point weapon so that I can effectively farm for a material I could easily sell for that plus a little profit, or maybe even use it to make an even pointy-er sword.
    Honestly the game needs a fully required gold sink like repairs. We've had some monstrous inflation over the years and I'd much rather slowly fix that instead of having to continuously add more trade window capacity so that I can put 500 million in checks for a single item down the road.
    Rhey wrote: »
    Aren't they divine wep exclusive as well?
    The previewed ones appear to be, yeah.

    Wouldn't it be 140k for one point at 98%? I cannot imagine many rewarding content that wouldn't make up for spending one point. ONE POINT.

    It seems that something like Shadow Wiz Elite Spam with Crystals would be "one of the few" given time and durability spent, and one certainly do not need weapons like this for such content.

    In any case, tailoring the economic gold sinks to the 10% who farmed VHM Girgashiy in its heyday hurts the rest of the playerbase. You could say most are not in content that would greatly benefit from such weapons, and that is true. Yet, it is inane to assume that just because a player is strong, that they have mountains of gold sitting around.

    In which case, points to the bigger issue for all of us. This weapon isn't efficient, and many people are adverse to loss in profit already.

    Look at me, I'm pretty strong (I usually solo rooms in phantasm when I do run it) and I'm constantly broke for one reason or another. But being where I am, unless you're trying to hit specific break points *Like vhm girg where the extra few damage can mean something* the extra bit doesn't mean anything. I've tried to explain this to newer players who I see using the floor enchants on crks but always get flammed for it. If something has 10k hp, and you hit normally for 5k hitting 6k-9k literally will not make the run any faster as a crit would kill it in both cases. Hitting that 10k would make it faster as you won't be relying on crits at all.

    Obviously for bosses this is a bit different but it seems a lot of players think end game is quick shadow wiz farming (Spoiler, it's not any human with FH gear can do that).

    I do hope I'm not coming off as elitist because I really don't care if I get carried, or carry people. What annoys me is spreading of misinformation OR people talking "endgame" while being unable to run phantasm in a group. I honestly don't view myself as endgame right now yet either, I'd say the min req is probably 15-20k total.



    EDIT: reminded me of a pet project I'm doing, gonna see if I can get an R7 beginner chainblade and slap conquerer/67th on it. It won't be missing hardly any damage from a r6 celtic chain and will cost like 100g a point at 100%

    I mentioned Elite Shadow Wizard Elite for a reason. Dungeons are terribly inconsistent, whereas Shadow Missions have a guaranteed gold reward at the end. Nothing more or less.

    It mystifies me how Dungeons take 10x as long to run, yet reward a fraction of the gold. I never stated it was endgame, only that it was "profitable", which I put in quotations as this is a team effort, which normally takes only a fraction of one point. If I were to solo it, I would lose a point of durability, and the expected gains would not suffice to cover the prohibitive cost.

    It is not only the amount, but the rate of return. Consistency. I apologize for not clarifying that earlier. Work and all.

    While a radiant string or broken seal chain can net a tidy profit, among a few other dungeon drops, the rates wouldn't cover 290k a point, anymore than I can expect to gain 40 million gold from a Black Dragon Raid every time.

    However, I relent, that the newer raids may help warrant such use in this regard. I heard they were terribly difficult.

    Unless I am mistaken, durability is the same per hit of the same type of attack, regardless of the tier of weaponry used.
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,335
    Posts: 197
    Member
    waddup with these thesaurus?
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    Posts: 139
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    The repair rates are there for a reason, to gold sink endgame players.

    If you can't pay that price, you aren't supposed to be using them : p

    Edit: Also, plenty of people can and will use them. I'll definitely take one over paying a bajillion gold to 67th my Life Exploration Fishing Rod, and I'm not even endgame. xD We payed way more to upkeep way less extra stats on our WoW weapons back in the day.
    Buffalos
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Posts: 616
    Member
    x10 too much... not everyone is stupid rich.
    Sherri
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    Posts: 139
    Member
    Its less about stupid rich and more about being smart about it.

    You shouldnt be swinging Ultima Weapon around to swat flies. Most MMOs let us do that very thing and we suddenly can farm anything and need additional gold sinks, but Mabi wants you to actually think about equips, change skillsets, and adapt so they goldsink us with dura and enchants like these. Its a game design thing.

    Crafting an Ultima Weapon is a fun(and popular) thing ppl do in MMOs, so don't think of it as your new walking stick and use it when it matters...or use 67th a beginners chain and get the best of both worlds :' )
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Posts: 616
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    I'm endgame and still don't have a good income of gold. So meh, seems like I'll skip even more content
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,295
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Ask some questions before using your insane repair rate weapons:
    Am I gold farming? If yes, use that one sword I can full repair for 50k and still one shot everything thanks to power creep.
    Am I material farming hard content? Let's use that 100k/point weapon so that I can effectively farm for a material I could easily sell for that plus a little profit, or maybe even use it to make an even pointy-er sword.
    Honestly the game needs a fully required gold sink like repairs. We've had some monstrous inflation over the years and I'd much rather slowly fix that instead of having to continuously add more trade window capacity so that I can put 500 million in checks for a single item down the road.
    Rhey wrote: »
    Aren't they divine wep exclusive as well?
    The previewed ones appear to be, yeah.

    Wouldn't it be 140k for one point at 98%? I cannot imagine many rewarding content that wouldn't make up for spending one point. ONE POINT.

    It seems that something like Shadow Wiz Elite Spam with Crystals would be "one of the few" given time and durability spent, and one certainly do not need weapons like this for such content.

    In any case, tailoring the economic gold sinks to the 10% who farmed VHM Girgashiy in its heyday hurts the rest of the playerbase. You could say most are not in content that would greatly benefit from such weapons, and that is true. Yet, it is inane to assume that just because a player is strong, that they have mountains of gold sitting around.

    In which case, points to the bigger issue for all of us. This weapon isn't efficient, and many people are adverse to loss in profit already.

    Look at me, I'm pretty strong (I usually solo rooms in phantasm when I do run it) and I'm constantly broke for one reason or another. But being where I am, unless you're trying to hit specific break points *Like vhm girg where the extra few damage can mean something* the extra bit doesn't mean anything. I've tried to explain this to newer players who I see using the floor enchants on crks but always get flammed for it. If something has 10k hp, and you hit normally for 5k hitting 6k-9k literally will not make the run any faster as a crit would kill it in both cases. Hitting that 10k would make it faster as you won't be relying on crits at all.

    Obviously for bosses this is a bit different but it seems a lot of players think end game is quick shadow wiz farming (Spoiler, it's not any human with FH gear can do that).

    I do hope I'm not coming off as elitist because I really don't care if I get carried, or carry people. What annoys me is spreading of misinformation OR people talking "endgame" while being unable to run phantasm in a group. I honestly don't view myself as endgame right now yet either, I'd say the min req is probably 15-20k total.



    EDIT: reminded me of a pet project I'm doing, gonna see if I can get an R7 beginner chainblade and slap conquerer/67th on it. It won't be missing hardly any damage from a r6 celtic chain and will cost like 100g a point at 100%

    I mentioned Elite Shadow Wizard Elite for a reason. Dungeons are terribly inconsistent, whereas Shadow Missions have a guaranteed gold reward at the end. Nothing more or less.

    It mystifies me how Dungeons take 10x as long to run, yet reward a fraction of the gold. I never stated it was endgame, only that it was "profitable", which I put in quotations as this is a team effort, which normally takes only a fraction of one point. If I were to solo it, I would lose a point of durability, and the expected gains would not suffice to cover the prohibitive cost.

    It is not only the amount, but the rate of return. Consistency. I apologize for not clarifying that earlier. Work and all.

    While a radiant string or broken seal chain can net a tidy profit, among a few other dungeon drops, the rates wouldn't cover 290k a point, anymore than I can expect to gain 40 million gold from a Black Dragon Raid every time.

    However, I relent, that the newer raids may help warrant such use in this regard. I heard they were terribly difficult.

    Unless I am mistaken, durability is the same per hit of the same type of attack, regardless of the tier of weaponry used.

    Ah I probably worded it poorly, but I was agreeing with you. The reason I mentioned the endgame point is because a lot of players that do use the X repair rate enchants assume they're doing endgame stuff, when they aren't. I've had a talk with people about the use of SMS crystals as well but I'll rant about that later. In terms of consistent gold gain via shadow missions if the average group is getting 3 min runs that's 528000 and say per orb you do you pick up 10k (I've found this to be pretty accurate about 10-13k in gold drops per orb.) for a total of 728000 gold an hour. Honestly, it's not much so using items that have a repair fee will cut into that profit even more. If you're one of the people that have repair fees of 50k a point you'd honestly be better off idk... making firewood or picking herbs instead.

    Veylaine wrote: »
    can beginner weapons receive special upgrades?

    Not sure, haven't looked into it yet too much thb.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    well how about not introducing absurd unregulated gold sources to the game "for teh lulz" that anyone with 2 fingers of forehead could tell was a bad idea?
    This is a South Korean MMO. Stupid and absurd mistakes that shouldn't have happened happening is kinda normal.
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    kind of absurd to expect a free market to self regulate when you basically have infinite money honestly
    scrap that, it's stupid to expect a free market to self regulate at all, inb4 kelp is a commie
    That's pretty accurate.
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    x10 too much... not everyone is stupid rich.
    Trivial thought, but don't use a x10 repair rate enchant if you can't afford it. There are plenty of max attack alternatives out there that won't break your bank each and every time you need to fix the weapon. They aren't super meta, but they are fairly affordable alternatives until you can get to a point where you can manage the meta enchants and their costs.
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    Posts: 139
    Member
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    I'm endgame and still don't have a good income of gold. So meh, seems like I'll skip even more content

    If you're 'endgame', you already have quite a few ways, you're just refusing to farm or leave dunby.

    The content's for those who put in the work, not to give you instant gratification : p
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,475
    Posts: 941
    Member
    GTCvActium wrote: »

    You may need to operate on a loss when your goal isn't to get gold from what your running but to simply complete it. The point is that there is a cost vs performance situation to consider, if you are doing things that are just simply build up gold or resources, then you aim for cost effective solution. If the point is to complete something challenging then you'd aim for performance. There are plenty of situations where one would use a high end weapon with little regard for the cost of using something like this. Its possible that people build gear that they cannot support the use of as a sort of limit breaker, switching over to these equipment would push them to be just strong enough to accomplish a goal even if its not economically efficient. One such example would be soloing a particularly difficult dungeon, one might use weapons gear, and items that are rare and limited in supply just to accomplish said goal. There is no regard for the rewards, the money earned, etc. This is because the challenge itself is the goal, and testing the absolute limit of the player at their absolute best.

    The whole point is that there will be someone that is very good at acquiring the resources required to use and maintain these weapons and the ridiculous repair fees are for those people that can and will amass large fortunes because this is an effective solution to remove gold from the biggest money makers playing the game. Furthermore, there is incentive to use high end expensive and inefficient weapons, to show off the status, wealth and prestige of the player. People forget that this is an MMO, items like cosmetics and extremely high end gear are used to show off that the progress of the player. The incentive isn't resource gain, but self gratification, the fact that you can field something that not everyone can readily use or support is one such reason. Basically the enjoyment of owning and being able to use something rare. Which is why these super high end enchants and weapons have such high repair fees. For people that CAN support these have amassed sufficient funds or have found effective ways to use them efficiently.

    Literally this.
    You only use endgame gear when you need to not all the time.
    Even there is no set in stone rule saying you cant use them.
    Its up to you if you want to use them.
    Also there are TONS of items that repair items for 1mil or lower.
    All these alternatives but no one uses them then complains about a gold sink.

    Meanwhile i'll just be over here making 2.4mil a day off of 500 gold repair beginner weapons with 130 max damage.
    Buffalos
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    Posts: 182
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »
    There are enough gold sinks in game, and a lot of gold inflating factors are gone(Girg VHM,Saga 2 and conflict got nerfed). There is no need to push absurd repair fee with new content.
    Name a few that everyone uses. Because about the only ones I can think of are the NPC bought dungeon passes that are too cheap, and repairs. If I'm missing a few, please inform me of what they are.
    It's nice that they've removed some of the abused gold sources from the game, but none of that will remove the gold they generated and is currently being stagnated in the market to increase prices of mundane items.

    Adv hm dungeon passes needs money to make. Rabbie phantasm pass consumes 750k per run and you cannot use unrestricted dungeon pass. To become grandmaster you need to pay 1m.(Although Nexon screws themselves by releasing fake certificate in gacha) There's fee in dressing room. You need to pay to reset skills. There's fee in transactions in this game- Buying from personal shop through direct bank deposit(5%), making check(2.5%), selling through auction board(5%), direct deposit through mail (10%), and depositing item/money in your bank.
    I know repair fee takes good part of gold sink. I'm not saying that repair fee needs to completely be gone. I think it needs to be at reasonable rate.
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I am banging my head at having that argument misunderstood, though perhaps I am failing to comprehend yours. I believe I should ask for a source, but where is specific usage of this weapon sustainable, that isn't gained through any other method, and is consistent enough to pay for the expected duration lost?

    I specifically mention a subset of players because the inflation is heavily favored more than what the developers expected due to certain events, to the point they shut specific methods down so that the value of gold wouldn't become worthless except in the bulk only the top players had achieve in that time frame.

    I can believe you when you say luxury for the sake of pride is a viable goal, but I fail to see where the profit margins are not red across the board. Though I am honestly not familiar with preventing or slowing duration loss. As an elf, we don't have access to final hit, so that skill is out.

    I suppose I should clarify, gold has dropped in value because overall, we earned more of it, yet the distribution is way off more than it should, due to the aforementioned factors. While higher geared players should pay more to use their gear, I also expect a certain amount of profit for higher geared players, to cover costs and make dough.

    And I'm saying that if you know you can't afford to support it, then just don't get/use it. There are people that can, will and do use them. If you went to obtain these, with the intention of using them, then you went in fully knowing what you are building and what it will cost to maintain. None of it is forced upon you you simple decided that you wanted more power but don't want the cost associated with said power.

    I'm saying that these repair fees are set at wrong rate. People forget this game is from Korea where they have more ways around to avoid gold sinks and much more inflated. They say 'its for a reason'. No, its just copied and pasted like everything else. I know why KR pushes expensive repair fee(so people would pay irl to repair for free), but people who don't get it sit here and try to defend it while in fact Nexon is not considerate enough or just being too lazy to localize. KR's plan was to make repair fee too expensive for anyone to afford so people would pay to repair for free. That wasn't intended to be gold sink. We don't have it here so we're left with repair problems. FFS, just put free repair fee or discounted repair fee option in VIP service or something so at least people have option to pay irl to repair.

    And what's the point of adding fancy new stuff when even most of 'endgame' players cannot afford it? Unless its you who says you can still profit off somehow magically. You mentioned 'Economical progress' when you're still losing money from your weapon's repair fee. The stuff that makes you money don't actually involve your main weapon because if you use it you lose money.
    It's like opening up a business while having a job. While you lose money in your business, you say you're still profiting off from the business because you have income from your normal job that is not associated with your business.
    There's not so much you can do with your combat skills- unless you're human and only uses FH or WOTG dura loss is inevitable.
    I have done almost everything to make money yet literally 'Nothing' can profit you off when you decide to use luxury expensive fee weapons. People say then switch to cheaper weapon when you run easy stuff. What kind content deserve this luxury weapon then? Since there's nothing you can do to profit off with that weapon. You may say it's not about profiting, well it's a problem because you're losing money for being 'strong' in this game. The only people who can afford these type of weapons are gold buyers, or you're using it while pulling money from your own bank at your loss.
    Sherri
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,475
    Posts: 941
    Member
    Finity wrote: »
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »
    There are enough gold sinks in game, and a lot of gold inflating factors are gone(Girg VHM,Saga 2 and conflict got nerfed). There is no need to push absurd repair fee with new content.
    Name a few that everyone uses. Because about the only ones I can think of are the NPC bought dungeon passes that are too cheap, and repairs. If I'm missing a few, please inform me of what they are.
    It's nice that they've removed some of the abused gold sources from the game, but none of that will remove the gold they generated and is currently being stagnated in the market to increase prices of mundane items.

    Adv hm dungeon passes needs money to make. Rabbie phantasm pass consumes 750k per run and you cannot use unrestricted dungeon pass. To become grandmaster you need to pay 1m.(Although Nexon screws themselves by releasing fake certificate in gacha) There's fee in dressing room. You need to pay to reset skills. There's fee in transactions in this game- Buying from personal shop through direct bank deposit(5%), making check(2.5%), selling through auction board(5%), direct deposit through mail (10%), and depositing item/money in your bank.
    I know repair fee takes good part of gold sink. I'm not saying that repair fee needs to completely be gone. I think it needs to be at reasonable rate.
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I am banging my head at having that argument misunderstood, though perhaps I am failing to comprehend yours. I believe I should ask for a source, but where is specific usage of this weapon sustainable, that isn't gained through any other method, and is consistent enough to pay for the expected duration lost?

    I specifically mention a subset of players because the inflation is heavily favored more than what the developers expected due to certain events, to the point they shut specific methods down so that the value of gold wouldn't become worthless except in the bulk only the top players had achieve in that time frame.

    I can believe you when you say luxury for the sake of pride is a viable goal, but I fail to see where the profit margins are not red across the board. Though I am honestly not familiar with preventing or slowing duration loss. As an elf, we don't have access to final hit, so that skill is out.

    I suppose I should clarify, gold has dropped in value because overall, we earned more of it, yet the distribution is way off more than it should, due to the aforementioned factors. While higher geared players should pay more to use their gear, I also expect a certain amount of profit for higher geared players, to cover costs and make dough.

    And I'm saying that if you know you can't afford to support it, then just don't get/use it. There are people that can, will and do use them. If you went to obtain these, with the intention of using them, then you went in fully knowing what you are building and what it will cost to maintain. None of it is forced upon you you simple decided that you wanted more power but don't want the cost associated with said power.

    I'm saying that these repair fees are set at wrong rate. People forget this game is from Korea where they have more ways around to avoid gold sinks and much more inflated. They say 'its for a reason'. No, its just copied and pasted like everything else. I know why KR pushes expensive repair fee(so people would pay irl to repair for free), but people who don't get it sit here and try to defend it while in fact Nexon is not considerate enough or just being too lazy to localize. KR's plan was to make repair fee too expensive for anyone to afford so people would pay to repair for free. That wasn't intended to be gold sink. We don't have it here so we're left with repair problems. FFS, just put free repair fee or discounted repair fee option in VIP service or something so at least people have option to pay irl to repair.

    And what's the point of adding fancy new stuff when even most of 'endgame' players cannot afford it? Unless its you who says you can still profit off somehow magically. You mentioned 'Economical progress' when you're still losing money from your weapon's repair fee. The stuff that makes you money don't actually involve your main weapon because if you use it you lose money.
    It's like opening up a business while having a job. While you lose money in your business, you say you're still profiting off from the business because you have income from your normal job that is not associated with your business.
    There's not so much you can do with your combat skills- unless you're human and only uses FH or WOTG dura loss is inevitable.
    I have done almost everything to make money yet literally 'Nothing' can profit you off when you decide to use luxury expensive fee weapons. People say then switch to cheaper weapon when you run easy stuff. What kind content deserve this luxury weapon then? Since there's nothing you can do to profit off with that weapon. You may say it's not about profiting, well it's a problem because you're losing money for being 'strong' in this game. The only people who can afford these type of weapons are gold buyers, or you're using it while pulling money from your own bank at your loss.

    "Meanwhile i'll just be over here making 2.4mil a day off of 500 gold repair beginner weapons with 130 max damage."
    Buffalos