Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can't connect FTP error. I'm going nuts. Pls HELP.

WertherWerther
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Technical Support
Okay, I downloaded the game a few days ago and since then I have not been able to play it. When I try to open it by means of the launcher, everything that appears to me is a blank screen, it lasts a few seconds and then it goes.

When I try to open it directly, in mabinogi.exe, it tells me the error: "Can not connect FTP error" "Error occurs while extracting".

I have already tried "repair installation" but nothing! I do not understand what it can be. Pls help.

Comments

• WertherWerther
    HELP
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Werther wrote: »
    ... When I try to open it by means of the launcher, everything that appears to me is a blank screen, it lasts a few seconds and then it goes.

"...and then it goes" I'm guessing means it shuts down and disappears? If that's the case then the problem is likely one or more security program on your PC stopping it from running. Add exceptions to your anti-virus, firewall and DEP (popup blocker if you have that as well). Also be sure to have the launcher and client set to 'Always Run As Admin'.
  • WertherWerther
    edited June 7, 2018
    Ktty wrote: »
    Werther wrote: »
    ... When I try to open it by means of the launcher, everything that appears to me is a blank screen, it lasts a few seconds and then it goes.

"...and then it goes" I'm guessing means it shuts down and disappears? If that's the case then the problem is likely one or more security program on your PC stopping it from running. Add exceptions to your anti-virus, firewall and DEP (popup blocker if you have that as well). Also be sure to have the launcher and client set to 'Always Run As Admin'.

Yes, by that I mean it shuts down and disappears. Thanks for answering, nobody has done it for days.

I do not have anti-virus. I deactivated the firewall and added both the client and the launcher as exceptions to DEP. (the original, not Nexus because it does not let me, it says "this program needs DEP to work").

I really do not understand why it does not work, it seems to be loading, but then the games shuts down, showing only a white screen.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited June 8, 2018
    @Werther
    A link to another thread with the white screen fix (you didn't mention that the first time). Try them in order. the first one is what likely happened to you (you used a graphics setting ingame that isn't compatible) but if not try the other one.
    forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion
    forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion