Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Launcher needs an update after a crash

ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
in Technical Support
Sometimes while playing Mabinogi the computer will freeze/crash/bluescreen and you have to restart it to fix it. While this isn't a huge problem, what happens after is sometimes you have to "update" on the Launcher for Mabinogi. Sometimes it's only a few mb update and its fine, but sometimes its way up there in the gb and it's like the game's reinstalling itself. I've had at least two ppl have this issue and am wondering if this is a known bug, or is something going on that needs to be fixed?

If this is a known issue, is there a way to avoid this? Moving the files around so far doesn't seem to help at all.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Zephyrmaru wrote: »
    Sometimes while playing Mabinogi the computer will freeze/crash/bluescreen and you have to restart it to fix it. While this isn't a huge problem, what happens after is sometimes you have to "update" on the Launcher for Mabinogi. Sometimes it's only a few mb update and its fine, but sometimes its way up there in the gb and it's like the game's reinstalling itself. I've had at least two ppl have this issue and am wondering if this is a known bug, or is something going on that needs to be fixed?

If this is a known issue, is there a way to avoid this? Moving the files around so far doesn't seem to help at all.

Well it's happened to me too but only since the update for Cookie Island. It will likely clear up after Cookie Island is over.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I had this happen due to a power outage shutting my pc off. When power was restored, I tried to log on again with the launcher but the darn thing kept stating that I needed to reinstall the game. I searched Google for some solutions but the few things that I tried didn't seem to work for me (changing the client folder destination within the launcher, doing game repair, etc.). I ended up just letting the launcher re-download the game. Just hope it doesn't happen again. It's frustrating.
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    That kinda thing is exactly what happened with me and some of my guildies. I dunno whats going on, but its frustrating when it happens.

If it happens after the Cookie Event ends, ill try to post here so we can see if its influenced by the Cookie Event or not.