Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Weekly Loc Discussion: Favorite Generation story!

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited June 6, 2018 in Weekly Loc Discussion Archive
We LOVED reading your responses to the topic last week, and you were right, the Erinn Holiday event was a reference to the classic film "Roman Holiday," starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck.

For this week's topic, with G21 just around the corner, tell us: Which generation is your favorite and why?

- The Mabinogi Localization Team
Sherri

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Yay, I got it right!

My favorite generation is the first Saga Season because it introduces more into the land of the Elves and Giants, as well as introduces two of my favorite characters: Dowra and Maike!
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    My favorite generations were by far G13 through G16; I can't pick a single favorite between them. I LOVE Avon. <3
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,640
    My favorite gen is G21 even though it isn't in NA yet.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 6, 2018
    Saga I since the story hooked me up with some cliffhangers and also the variation of characters and their story was nice.
    Hated Saga II with passion though... Mini-games were tedious and the story was so random, such a chaos. One minute you are in Dunbarton and another you are already in Iria just because you are trying to track down a kid. Most characters were made for comedy as well i guess. I couldn't take them seriously and the whole story was left with a lot of plot holes. We never even knew where Aces came from...
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited June 6, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Saga I since the story hooked me up with some cliffhangers and also the variation of characters and their story was nice.
    Hated Saga II with passion though... Mini-games were tedious and the story was so random, such a chaos. One minute you are in Dunbarton and another you are already in Iria just because you are trying to track down a kid. Most characters were made for comedy as well i guess. I couldn't take them seriously and the whole story was left with a lot of plot holes. We never even knew where Aces came from...

Yeah, I hated Saga II as well. It really annoyed me how the Aces were treated considering they were supposed to be this hardcore team, and they just spent the majority of the episodes acting incompetently. So glad they fixed the way they were treated with the Chain Blade content.
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    Generations 9-12 were my personal favorite. Fun characters, one of my favorite talent sets, good writing, some of the best OST, introduction of shadow missions, the works.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    My personal favorites were Generations 1 through 3. Disregarding the many grammatical errors and sometimes awful translations, the story of the Three Warriors, Mores, Lugh and Triona was something that mixed Irish mythology and anime fantasy perfectly.
    I have to admit, however, that Saga I was great as well. We got to see more of Tarlach and Ruairi, adding more personality to the elves and giants through Dowra and Maike, and get a better understanding of the soul stream. (Oh, and bearded Ruairi.)

And though these are not Gens, I liked Samhain and the Chainblade questlines a lot.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    so far i liked g20 the most
    a lot of the times i play the generations and forget the story almost immediately after, but this one had parts that were memorable and fun
    i like the banter between the characters and the slice of life stuffs
    i also liked kicking the xxx out of talvish and caswyn while they're kicking the xxx out of each other as well, balancing on that log in scathach lmaooo
    the avalon gate area is really pretty too
    only wish you can replay it, and collect all the titles
    or even just have only one at a time but switch the title you have each time you replay, and would have to play again to get it back or a different one

but in saying this i havent played g7, g8, g15 or g16 yet
    and i've been halfway through g14 for probably over a year :'D
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited June 7, 2018
    My favorite "Generation" would be (both) The Saga: Iria I and II. The way they were presented with openings before the episodes started, previews for the next episodes as they ended, the quotes, and even the side-story Q&A with the characters (in the first Saga, shame the second couldn't have one) worked very nicely. I enjoyed the cast, the story, the music, the adventure, and the fact that they're actually replayable so I can experience them again and whenever I want to. The Elf and Giant involvement, the dragons, the Courcle shamans, the Aces, the Cessair organization, the fact that both take place in Iria in all of its glory... Gods! Wish there was a third. :(

Generations 1-3 were also well done in many aspects. The story gave the game a slight darker, mysterious feel compared to other MMORPGs geared to a young audience and the maps were well designed (especially Albey and Baol) given their time. Memento was very short, but Sidhe Finnachaid was so beautifully designed (I like that the camera actually introduces you to the setting upon entering!), the music was amazing, and Enn (both of them) were interesting characters despite their very short appearances. The Chain of Destruction storyline was also great for similar reasons to Memento. It brought back most of the Aces and introduced Eiren, who was both an intriguing (hooray for another Fomor child!) and fun character. I patiently await the next Generations and side stories to come to see what they have to offer. ^_^
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I think my favorite is the Saga I or II.

Though I also like G20 and Pihne's backstory stuff.

Also, I wish more storyline stuff was repeatable like Saga, nerfed rewards on repeat playthroughs or otherwise.
    There's stuff fun stuff you can only do once per character, and that's lame.

There's also the oooold stuff like Nerys/Manus RP sidequests, or the Lassar/Dilys Alby RP.
  • KedaruiKedarui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,860
    edited June 7, 2018
    my favorites are g9-12 and g19-20! i also really love both sagas, but saga 2 was incredibly difficult to get through so i can't call it a favorite lol
    i'm sure when g21 is released it'll become a fave too ^^

g9-12 are the most important gens to me because they're the gens that were releasing when i first started playing, but in terms of characters and writing, g19-20's are the best to me. g19 gave me altam and g20 gave me pihne, two of my favorite characters in the whole game. also g20 made me cry a lot cuz of pihne's backstory aha
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    My favorite would be the divine knights, since in my opinion they bring back more of the shine from the g1-3, so it gives some hope of the future. Besides that. G1-3 would be my second favorites, because of all the memories I had from 10 years ago to now, doing it with people/ helping with it etc.
    Kedarui
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    My favorites are the classic G1 and Saga I (I miss Akule).
  • ReneranReneran
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    edited June 13, 2018
    I didn't really have a favorite until I replayed G16.
    Back in the day I just skipped through the dialogue (oh, to be young) and didn't think much of it.
    But what happened in that story changed everything...I already liked mabi's lore, but I love it now.

I dislike Saga II for sort of throwing Millia on the back-burner and making me fight a certain someone again.
    Ever since G20 I've been wondering if Morrighan is ever coming back...doesn't seem like it, but since G21 will be the finale of the current chapter...maybe?
    (Edit: I'm late, I know, but I wanted to post here anyway)
    I'll get back to actually reading dialogue on this new character....
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Reneran wrote: »
    I didn't really have a favorite until I replayed G16.
    Back in the day I just skipped through the dialogue (oh, to be young) and didn't think much of it.
    But what happened in that story changed everything...I already liked mabi's lore, but I love it now.

I dislike Saga II for sort of throwing Millia on the back-burner and making me fight a certain someone again.
    Ever since G20 I've been wondering if Morrighan is ever coming back...doesn't seem like it, but since G21 will be the finale of the current chapter...maybe?
    (Edit: I'm late, I know, but I wanted to post here anyway)
    I'll get back to actually reading dialogue on this new character....

Morrighan is tired of dealing with the mortal world and with the Millitian specifically. She eventually retires back to Falias and leaves protecting the world in the Millitian's hands. She won't appear unless the Millitian screws up or the world is in immediate threat. She may return in a future story, but for G21 she's not going to participate. The divine knights chapter actually has the world in a weird spot, Morrighan, the remaining deity that protects the world is retiring and no longer taking an active role in its protection. However, the events of saga has breached the barrier around Erinn, allowing foreign gods to invade where normally, Erinn's pantheon of gods would repel such an invasion, Erinn's gods are either dead, inactive, or sealed away.