Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This Gen...

AlalaroseAlalarose
Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
edited June 15, 2018 in General Chat
Really makes me feel like mabi is coming to an end completely D: I dont want that to happen :(
I mean the bit where you are in the crystal... owch... really made me feel like the game was coming to a close D:
Kedarui

Comments

• 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    edited June 15, 2018
    one of the main points of g19-21 is to point out and acknowledge all of the past gens and the characters in them

i havent finished g21 yet but if that one part were you get drunk with a certain friend is anything to go bye. there setting up for more story after g21
    Imaizumi
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    I'm gonna say no. There's new content for newbies that was just released on the Korean server. Sounds like they intend to keep Mabi going as long as possible.
    Kedarui
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 15, 2018
    It isn't even part 2 yet bro. :/ What are they going to do? Cancel Mabinogi and cancel to black in mid sent-
    IyasenuMizukiHayamaSherriImaizumiLunaCatt
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    This has been the best Gen in a while. It added some extra depth to the new characters introduced in G19, and it was really nice to revisit all the places you helped in each previous storyline. Really added a lot of depth to just how large-scale this new threat actually is compared to the previous 2 Gens.

I lost it when even Morrighan and Cichol joined in with a G1-style cutscene (and after a night of drinking heheh).
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Vimi wrote: »
    This has been the best Gen in a while. It added some extra depth to the new characters introduced in G19, and it was really nice to revisit all the places you helped in each previous storyline. Really added a lot of depth to just how large-scale this new threat actually is compared to the previous 2 Gens.

I lost it when even Morrighan and Cichol joined in with a G1-style cutscene (and after a night of drinking heheh).
    G21
    when you get stuck in the crystal and all the characters are trying to guilt trip you, I really wish there was an option to tell them off. Half of you are literally villains and the other half is insufferable. I felt bad for shylock, maaaybe ruairi but the rest of them can go eat a sock.
    AeolysBlissfulkillVeylaine3rdyRadiant DawnSherriVimiDaktaroImaizumiLunaCattand 3 others.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

G21
    when you get stuck in the crystal and all the characters are trying to guilt trip you, I really wish there was an option to tell them off. Half of you are literally villains and the other half is insufferable. I felt bad for shylock, maaaybe ruairi but the rest of them can go eat a sock.

Everything is your fault
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955

G21

And thats why it makes me feel like its the end of mabi x3
    When Cessair's Heart, Dian, Millia, and Tarlach chew you all out.

Honestly? IDGAF about you people. I did nothing wrong. :/

Most of you people are culpable in your own suffering anyway.
    Raincloud95
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    TNinja wrote: »

G21

Everything is your fault

what are u guys talking about its all our fault why this npc's has to go through all the suffering they've been through
    they were created to go through that suffering for our entertainment
    and if they were brought to our world and found out that all they've been through
    is because of a simple reason such as they are part of a game for our entertainment
    they probably will kill us and the person who created them and made them go through all that
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    what are u guys talking about its all our fault why this npc's has to go through all the suffering they've been through
    and if they were brought to our world and found out that all they've been through
    is because of a simple reason such as they are part of a game for our entertainment
    they probably will kill us and the person who created them and made them go through all that

UIH27PD.jpg
    SaiBlissfulkill
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    nevyn25 wrote: »

UIH27PD.jpg

hahaha
    Re:creators
    nevyn25Sai
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    nevyn25 wrote: »

UIH27PD.jpg

cvfwqLg.png
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830

True I think the only person that got me was Elatha. I saw him and just SCREAMED because I'm still so mad I couldn't save him. When I saw Millia I chose the "keep walking" option because she annoys me XD

True I think the only person that got me was Elatha. I saw him and just SCREAMED because I'm still so mad I couldn't save him. When I saw Millia I chose the "keep walking" option because she annoys me XD

Oh hey, someone else who remembers Elatha! :D

This was basically my reaction. Of all the individuals, Elatha and Shylock were those I felt the most sympathy towards, with Elatha eliciting the most feels. :(

Mari did nothing wrong, but she was long since reincarnated as Nao before we took our first steps in Erinn and I felt no real responsibility, and Ruairi is...a stretch. A tenuous stretch, but he isn't that terrible, in context. His narrative paints him as more of a punching bag then Slaine Troyard, and not to mention he made some just as odious errors.

It is is difficult to feel sympathy for character who essentially were made to suffer.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

I freaked out too. I was like "NO NO NO, NOT YOU IDIOTS AGAIN! YOU DID ENOUGH!"

And I'm like, who the heck are over HALF of these people to try and tell off Milletians? If I remember right, Shylock and Elatha both kind of committed suicide, both from their own grief (Elatha from his own existence and Shylock from the loss of someone he loved). Tarlach was the one who went nuts (and wanted us to kill ourselves in a fashion) and made friends with a group that was banished by the Goddess Neamhain. This group, led by Cessair's Heart and Dian, tried to KILL PEOPLE for no reason than revenge on the Goddess and her kids. Tarlach was about to end the darn world by helping with this (as was Ruairi) and were going to use Millia to do it. Millia was an idiot too, she ran off on her own and got herself abducted. If anyone was big time at fault for how Millia was handled, it was because of Akule because he a good chunk of Saga playing a fool instead of letting her know he survived and actively protecting her instead of letting her run around on her own. I think we (Milletians) were still kind of "out of existence" when she ran off from the Giants and Elves and got attacked before she used some magic to wind up at the oasis where she ran into Ruairi.

Also, Ruairi is an idiot who jumps to conclusions (especially in regard to what happened to Rian). I get that he left home so basically Rian could rule instead of him and so he could be free, but what was stopping him from going back and visiting? Heck, that could have prevented some of Esras' schemes if he were around enough to pay attention. He would have noticed "Oh hey, Rian's not talking to me. What's up with that?" and hopefully, those schemes would have fallen apart. But no... he shows up at the last second, sees his brother's body blow up with Tabhartas and then blames US for it. Whatever happened to that Esras person anyway?
    edited June 16, 2018
    Leinei wrote: »

I freaked out too. I was like "NO NO NO, NOT YOU IDIOTS AGAIN! YOU DID ENOUGH!"

And I'm like, who the heck are over HALF of these people to try and tell off Milletians? If I remember right, Shylock and Elatha both kind of committed suicide, both from their own grief (Elatha from his own existence and Shylock from the loss of someone he loved). Tarlach was the one who went nuts (and wanted us to kill ourselves in a fashion) and made friends with a group that was banished by the Goddess Neamhain. This group, led by Cessair's Heart and Dian, tried to KILL PEOPLE for no reason than revenge on the Goddess and her kids. Tarlach was about to end the darn world by helping with this (as was Ruairi) and were going to use Millia to do it. Millia was an idiot too, she ran off on her own and got herself abducted. If anyone was big time at fault for how Millia was handled, it was because of Akule because he a good chunk of Saga playing a fool instead of letting her know he survived and actively protecting her instead of letting her run around on her own. I think we (Milletians) were still kind of "out of existence" when she ran off from the Giants and Elves and got attacked before she used some magic to wind up at the oasis where she ran into Ruairi.

Also, Ruairi is an idiot who jumps to conclusions (especially in regard to what happened to Rian). I get that he left home so basically Rian could rule instead of him and so he could be free, but what was stopping him from going back and visiting? Heck, that could have prevented some of Esras' schemes if he were around enough to pay attention. He would have noticed "Oh hey, Rian's not talking to me. What's up with that?" and hopefully, those schemes would have fallen apart. But no... he shows up at the last second, sees his brother's body blow up with Tabhartas and then blames US for it. Whatever happened to that Esras person anyway?

@Leinei

Suicide is a pitiable state to be in. Even if is "their" responsibility, that doesn't preclude me from feeling sympathy. I put it in quotations, because it is a complex and individualistic issue.

If one thinks humans are beyond being merely piece of meat completely free from environmental stimuli, one is wrong. Strong visceral reactions are had differently and in different circumstances. Brain chemistry, genetics, all of that.

It is rarely a case of "Stop being sad".
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited June 16, 2018
    @Blissfulkill I know what you're saying, but I didn't say anything about that. I was asking why would the Milletian be blamed or at fault (which is how I read that scene in G21; that everyone was blaming them for everything, even in area's where it obviously wasn't called for like Mari, who had turned into Nao before we even arrived in Erinn) for it because we aren't. Cichol convinced Elatha to do what he did and Shakespeare essentially did the same to Shylock, allowing the writer to take over the man's vacant body.

edited June 16, 2018
    @Blissfulkill I know what you're saying, but I didn't say anything about that. I was asking why would the Milletian be blamed or at fault for it because we aren't. Cichol convinced Elatha to do what he did and Shakespeare essentially did the same to Shylock, allowing the writer to take over the man's vacant body.

Emotions sometimes do not obey logic. They can be as self destructive as they can be self serving. It is human weakness at it's most rudimentary, accepting responsibility for things we did not presage thinking it will empower us to know better, but most hardly do.

People have a strong desire to believe in cosmic fairness, something cited in psychology as the just world hypothesis.

It doesn't have to make sense, and that is what makes it so self destructive.

Altam couldn't have been expected to control his power anymore than Avelin could have known.

That's how we broke Altam out of his trance, and it helped Avelin in her's.

Keep on mind that these are illusions, hallucinatory states of mind; Avelin and Altam were stated to be seeing distorted views of their past.

It was simply our minds and our insecurities turned against us.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited June 16, 2018
    @Blissfulkill I know what you're saying, but I didn't say anything about that. I was asking why would the Milletian be blamed or at fault for it because we aren't. Cichol convinced Elatha to do what he did and Shakespeare essentially did the same to Shylock, allowing the writer to take over the man's vacant body.

Emotions sometimes do not obey logic. They can be as self destructive as they can be self serving. It is human weakness at it's most rudimentary, accepting responsibility for things we did not presage thinking it will empower us to know better, but most hardly do.

People have a strong desire to believe in cosmic fairness, something cited in psychology as the just world hypothesis.

Altam couldn't have been expected to control his power anymore than Avelin could have known.

Again, I'm aware of that. Part of the issue is if the crystal prison is a sort of magic that warps how things were perceived and therefore makes the person FEEL like they were the cause. Remember, Mari wasn't something we should feel GUILT for at all. Sympathy is one thing, but feeling like you caused the death of a little girl is another, especially when she died prior to our arrival in Erinn (something we didn't have the opportunity to do anything about. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE HERE.). It seems like the magic is attuned to finding those you've bonded with and amplifying and warping negative feelings in regard to them. It's to cripple the victim, to make them unable to fight back against the imprisonment. It's probably a similar method to what's done to turn people into Apostles (Remember how Pihne was? She killed her parents, but she was tricked into it. It took advantage of the weakness in her heart).

Bruillen was an illusion in the crystal, but she says that Avelin's hairbands were how they were tracking them? How would Avelin know that's true or not? That's supposition, not proof. Avelin could have suspected this at any given time having found Bruillen with her dead brother and cast the bands she found on him aside at any time before her imprisonment in the crystal. She also wasn't able to move in the crystal, so she would have had to cut her hair after her freedom, so she obviously took what was put before her in her vision to heart. I'm hoping that more is said about it in Part 2.

Again, I'm aware of that. Part of the issue is if the crystal prison is a sort of magic that warps how things were perceived and therefore makes the person FEEL like they were the cause. Remember, Mari wasn't something we should feel GUILT for at all. Sympathy is one thing, but feeling like you caused the death of a little girl is another, especially when she died prior to our arrival in Erinn (something we didn't have the opportunity to do anything about. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE HERE.). It seems like the magic is attuned to finding those you've bonded with and amplifying and warping negative feelings in regard to them. It's to cripple the victim, to make them unable to fight back against the imprisonment. It's probably a similar method to what's done to turn people into Apostles (Remember how Pihne was? She killed her parents, but she was tricked into it. It took advantage of the weakness in her heart).

Bruillen was an illusion in the crystal, but she says that Avelin's hairbands were how they were tracking them? How would Avelin know that's true or not? That's supposition, not proof. Avelin could have suspected this at any given time having found Bruillen with her dead brother and cast the bands she found on him aside at any time before her imprisonment in the crystal. She also wasn't able to move in the crystal, so she would have had to cut her hair after her freedom, so she obviously took what was put before her in her vision to heart. I'm hoping that more is said about it in Part 2.

So what exactly is the point of contention again? Your post seems to be decrying a lack of rational logic regarding blame initially.

To which I argued that emotionally logic may have been in effect.

I apologise if I am lacking comprehension, but what exactly do you wish to criticize?

You are correct with Mari, her inclusion was incredibly off due to a seemingly lack of intimacy.