Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Obviously a bug topic, not a help topic. -shrug-

JazmynJazmyn
Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
edited June 17, 2018 in Help
What is the issue? Yesterday I used a Complete Skill x2 potion, logged out around 12 AM central time; logged in just now and it's down to 30 minutes. The issue is that the Complete Skill x2 potion time counts down even when logged out. Wasted over 16 hours of a potion due to sleep and work. =/ Not cool, Nexon, not cool.

What steps must be taken for us to recreate the issue? Use a Complete Skill x2 Potion, log out, wait, log back in at a different time.

What do you expect to happen instead? After using a Complete Skill x2 potion and logging out the time should stop counting down.

8TTdeVB.jpg

IGN: Jazmyn
SERVER: Ruairi

Comments

• MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    edited June 16, 2018
    I am pretty sure this is intended and not a bug. All double skill exp pots (music, Life, magic etc.) have worked that way.
    Wiki also states:
    Note: Effect duration lasts 24 hours and does not pause if player is logged out.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited June 16, 2018
    I am pretty sure this is intended and not a bug. All double skill exp pots (music, Life, magic etc.) have worked that way.
    Wiki also states:
    Note: Effect duration lasts 24 hours and does not pause if player is logged out.

I have used them multiple times and I have never had a potion expire like this. Some potions say in their description they will expire even if logged out; but the ones I used did not. I tested it on a different character with the 14 day expiring potion; the one I used on this character was not a 14 day expiring potion.

I haven't played on this character in months (besides login for advanced play) and he still has over 10 hours on his fighter potion.

1ScwQ2C.jpg
    edited June 16, 2018
    I've always had it expire while being logged out, I know I'd plan it in such a way I'd still have some time to train once I got home from work :).
    Can't say I did not wish it did work that way though, pausing while offline.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited June 16, 2018
    I've always had it expire while being logged out, I know I'd plan it in such a way I'd still have some time to train once I got home from work :).

This is a first for me and I've used plenty of skill potions. The potions that do NOT pause, say they do NOT pause in the description.

Apparently we have new moderators; cause no one was asking for help in this topic. Lol. Fail.
    MizukiHayama
    Jazmyn wrote: »

This is a first for me and I've used plenty of skill potions.

Apparently we have new moderators; cause no one was asking for help in this topic. Lol. Fail.

Yeah, was a tad confused about the thread moving choice.
    Also, only now saw the edit and pic. Peculiar for me :o, but intriguing nonetheless.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited June 17, 2018
    2HOS88d.jpg

New day and he still has his potion.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    2HOS88d.jpg

New day and he still has his potion.

Yes. 2x talent exp pots, atleast the ones you get from events stop timing when you log off ( I have a stash of puppet ones lol. )

For whatever reason the complete one doesnt stop, so it made it weird when i was training puppetry, as the next day I woke up with one almost expired and one with over 10 hours left .