Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fair Warning about Black Swan coupons

WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
in General Chat
So. Because of the multitude of events this month, I completely forgot about the Black Swan coupons.

I was switching between characters to get adventure seals. And well. Just letting you all know that the coupons aren't bank transferable or pet storable so make sure you remember to log on to the same char every weekend. And make sure that char has the gender you want the coupon to be (although this may or may not be necessary, as the box itself might be bank transferable. Also, you could reborn into the gender you want before opening the box, presumably).

Just letting you all know. I hope I remember that it was a char I don't go on often ;-;
Sakura2503CarlizeImaizumiCDMarilSheenaRukiasakuraSherri

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 16, 2018
    R.I.P. Thanks for heads up though.
    WolfandWolfCDMaril
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    that the coupons aren't bank transferable or pet storable
    Ew. I hate when they do that. Good to know.
    CDMarilSherri
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Gee, this again?
    CDMarilSherri
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    Do you only get one coupon a weekend?
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Do you only get one coupon a weekend?

It seems to imply that from the Master Event description that you only get one per weekend. Especially since the Master event goes on for a while and you should be getting a total of seven. It looks like there's 9 weekends that do the coupon, so I guess there's room for a mistake like the one I did?
  • IrvynIrvyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 650
    Thanks for the warning. Also, may someone tell me what the Black Swan Outfit is? I can't find anything about it on the wiki.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Irvyn wrote: »
    Thanks for the warning. Also, may someone tell me what the Black Swan Outfit is? I can't find anything about it on the wiki.

They showed it on the Mabi twitch stream. You can watch it here https://twitch.tv/mabinogi
    Irvyn
  • RiddleTricksterRiddleTrickster
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,585
    Irvyn wrote: »

They have a picture of it on it's announcement page. It's similar to the regular swan outfit, just a dark version of it.
  • CDMarilCDMaril
    Mabinogi Rep: 990
    edited June 23, 2018
    I did that same thing log on with alt.........fix it Nexon why the heck you guys always do that to harm the players...
    Vimi
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Ugh why did they program it like this? The only reason I can think of is that they want to make things difficult for Support from all the tickets that are bound to be filled when players accidentally log in and lose a coupon on an alt.

Seriously. With events like this where the rewards are just instantly placed into your inventory on login, why can't all the stuff be bank/pet transferable so mistakes like these can be corrected without having to resort to contacting a mod to manually fix it?

Those coupons are absolutely useless unless you get a stack of 7 for the box. Even if there are multiple extra weekends to get more than the 7 required coupons, it can be very frustrating to be forced to wait extra weeks just because you logged onto the wrong character or lost track of time after reset happened.
    CDMarilImaizumiWolfandWolf
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Why do people even log onto Alts for their first time log on? I mean...Don't people log onto their main the first time they log on? Especially during log in/hot times. I guess you can fill out a ticket and wait a few days(Since it is the weekend they are not in their office)
    Greta
  • Kirby189Kirby189
    Mabinogi Rep: 690
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Why do people even log onto Alts for their first time log on? I mean...Don't people log onto their main the first time they log on? Especially during log in/hot times. I guess you can fill out a ticket and wait a few days(Since it is the weekend they are not in their office)

I play using two characters. Last night, I afk'd on my main, unlike the other nights where I afk'd on my alt, who I've been playing on more. Today I cc'd when I got up and got the coupon, while I got last week's (along with the other hot time items) on my alt.

Also, "not logging into their main the first time they log in" doesn't excuse a bad design.
    BlissfulkillCDMarilVeylaineJazmynVimiIyasenuWolfandWolfLiberateSherri
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 23, 2018
    A great deal of the anxiety only comes from the uncertainty of the outfits themselves being untradeable.
    Oh, right, you also need to stack 7. My mistake!

An alternative way seems to be just registering a main character who can only receive those rewards.
    ImaizumiVimi
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I have dye wells on my alts, so sometimes I log into the alts first to harvest dyes before logging onto my main to synth them together. I'm sure other people have their own reasons for logging onto alts first too.

It's just bad design. The coupons should at least be bank transferrable so people can put them on the right character if they need to.
    Vimi
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Well I got a hopeful response to my ticket regarding this issue:
    We've also forwarded this to the game team regarding the issue where you cannot trade these items between characters, so please keep an eye out for our July Patch Notes on the main website for any changes to game!

It's not an immediate fix but since the event is over 2 months long at least there's a chance it'll get fixed soon.
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    You can transfer them through the bank to the one character that you want the outfit for now, i did the same mistake with a new character but i was able to collect them all. :)
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Gremm wrote: »
    You can transfer them through the bank to the one character that you want the outfit for now, i did the same mistake with a new character but i was able to collect them all. :)

Yep! They did fix it in the latest patch, for which I'm so happy/grateful! :)
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Anyone wish that we could also get just the headpiece w/o the wig? I mean it's an AWESOME headpiece. But still soooooooooooooooo happy to have this outfit ^^. And really glad they fixed the coupon issue (not that I needed it but I know a lot ppl who did).
    BlissfulkillWolfandWolf
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The headpiece is kinda neat.
    It sort of looks like one of the Halo accessories that are in the game.

But the wig isn't really my style, so it is a bit of a shame the headpiece isn't a standalone item.
    Sphyra21Vimi
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    So I'm gonna only have 3 coupons in the end due to only returning the past week. Should I destroy the coupons as if they never existed or keep them as a sore reminder on not to take too long breaks from the game?