Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Wait what's with those wigs?!....

Comments

• SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    edited June 23, 2018
    Xiokun wrote: »
    (...) that would be me thinking too highly for them to update every new hair to flow for free.

especially when they can't even update the old old hairstyles / swap them with the NPC hairstyles that -did- get updated. Or update the old blocky square-boobed outfits and old textures.
    Twelie
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Classic Nexon, releasing updated graphics in a GACHA instead of just updating the 5 versions of those wigs that already exist AND have a version as a hairstyle.
    KingofrunesSherriRadiant DawnTwelie
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    Vimi wrote: »
    Classic Nexon, releasing updated graphics in a GACHA instead of just updating the 5 versions of those wigs that already exist AND have a version as a hairstyle.

I do agree that it's very absurd how all the hair/cosmetic updates these days go the way of temporary gachapons. It's beyond stupid.
    Sherri
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I hate everything the beauty gacha represents.
    SherriImaizumiDarkpixie99TwelieMyuto
  • VimiVimi
    A much better idea would have been to update all the old versions of these hairstyles and then releasing a gacha with them all in it.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    edited June 25, 2018
    A much better idea would have been to update all the old versions of these hairstyles and then releasing a gacha with them all in it.

Make said Gacha be permanent similar to Eweca Orbs. If you are going to gacha facial beauty, at least make it permanent so people always have a chance to get the faces/hair/eyes that they want.
    VimiSherriImaizumiDarkpixie99Twelie
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I've come to the conclusion that Mabinogi doesn't like to update old things when it comes to cosmetics. They have gotten on the ball with fixing some glitches, lately, but all together over the years I just see Mabinogi releasing new stuff, and more new stuff, and more new stuff, and sweeping everything old under the rug.

I've been saying for years that the game is basically a collection of black boxes with bells and whistles taped to the sides. The original developers are long gone and nobody currently on the dev team knows what's in those black boxes well enough to give them a tune-up.

• VimiVimi

Make said Gacha be permanent similar to Eweca Orbs. If you are going to gacha facial beauty, at least make it permanent so people always have a chance to get the faces/hair/eyes that they want.

And that new permanent Gacha could be called "Ladeca Orbs"!
    ImaizumiKingofrunes
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Harukari wrote: »
    It'd be nice if they.. you know.. UPDATED the old wigs to have flow to them and not make new versions of said wigs and put them in gacha.
    But of course.. Nope.

So if these wigs happen to make it over here, they are gonna be stupid expensive.
    It'd be a nice update to the game, if they made all hairstyles/wigs animated like that.
    But gotta milk the players.

Oh yeah, gotta milk them dry.
    Why update the game and make it better when you can pop out more gachapons, am I right? :L
    Kingofrunes
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730

Personally I think that would have been fun. Because if an existing item is updated nicely (and Nexon *does* sometimes do this) it would be in higher demand.

That said, I don't think I'm going to go for the "updated" version of the Argenta hair. It seems only the front hair sways and not the back, so that looks kinda goofy to me. So unless it's released as a beauty coupon that's fairly easy to get, I think I'm just going to leave my hair as is.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100

It makes me curious. I'm not a big MMORPG player but, has there been an MMORPG that's gone ahead and updated a lot of their graphics considerably? A lot of games I've seen just keep them looking the same once they come out.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125

It makes me curious. I'm not a big MMORPG player but, has there been an MMORPG that's gone ahead and updated a lot of their graphics considerably? A lot of games I've seen just keep them looking the same once they come out.

Well mabi has under gone some graphical improvements that were not gacha related (Tir NPC got a make over, etc) But I think the fact that the system was built in-house, with the fact that the original team is more or less gone means that a full scale update uses too much time and effort to be worth it... Unless they attach a price to it.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    edited June 26, 2018

Runescape. It's had a MASSIVE overhaul of it's java based client into their NXT client which gave them a huge upgrade in graphic capabilities. Every so often Jagex will also go back and redo an older area and upgrade it's graphics to make it more inline with the rest of the game.

However, Jagex has the advantage of being Publisher and Developer and no branches. So everything is in house with no communication barriers. That simplifies things quite significantly.

Nexon's structure on the other hand is too fragmented, disjointed, and a ton of communication barriers in the way of accomplishing things in a timely and effective manner. Plus they have a ton of games they split their time between while Jagex pretty much has a core focus on their one game.

Also there's the matter of the constant changing of directors in Mabinogi which has constantly shifted directions and priorities to complicate matters as well.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Why release the updated free hairstyles as gacha. They should just freaking update them and stop deterring new players with crap options.

:|
    SpaceCat
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    edited June 26, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    Why release the updated free hairstyles as gacha. They should just freaking update them and stop deterring new players with crap options.

That would of course be the preferred method but Nexon seems to not want to do that. They see people still play their game and give them money no matter what they do with gacha's.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Policroma wrote: »

Personally I think that would have been fun. Because if an existing item is updated nicely (and Nexon *does* sometimes do this) it would be in higher demand.

That said, I don't think I'm going to go for the "updated" version of the Argenta hair. It seems only the front hair sways and not the back, so that looks kinda goofy to me. So unless it's released as a beauty coupon that's fairly easy to get, I think I'm just going to leave my hair as is.

I noticed that too. I have a feeling that it also won't sway when you move, and if that's the case than I'm not really interested at all. It's more of a gimmick.
    Blissfulkill
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

That would of course be the preferred method but Nexon seems to not want to do that. They see people still play their game and give them money no matter what they do with gacha's.

They have monetized everything. EVERYTHING.

I remember when we suggested that beauty coupons should permanently unlock styles once used. You could even charge a few pon to switch. That would of been completely fine. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    They give us hair style storage coupons, which you have to use EVERY time you want to change your hair and not lose a rare hair style or color. Worst of all it cost SIX FREAKING BUCKS A POP. SIX!!!

It's stupid, the "devs" are stupid and greedy. But mostly STUPID.
    Sherri
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 26, 2018

I noticed that too. I have a feeling that it also won't sway when you move, and if that's the case than I'm not really interested at all. It's more of a gimmick.

Nexon Dev #1: "Hey, shouldn't we make it so the hair physics show up while moving?"

Nexon Dev #2: "Naw, the people who want this aren't moving anyway." ;)

Nexon Dev #1: "You mean from their spot in Dunbarton? Oh, you clever rascal." :D
    WolfandWolfGretaVimiKingofrunesSherri
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited June 27, 2018

Yeah like for rushed crossover events that people throw a ton of money at. Just gotta do that and even people who are anti gacha load up that NX.

Nexon Dev #1: "Hey, shouldn't we make it so the hair physics show up while moving?"

Nexon Dev #1: "You mean from their spot in Dunbarton? Oh, you clever rascal." :D

It's gonna look pretty awkward while in combat or running, and your hair is just fluttering randomly around.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Yeah like for rushed crossover events that people throw a ton of money at. Just gotta do that and even people who are anti gacha load up that NX.

It's gonna look pretty awkward while in combat or running, and your hair is just fluttering randomly around.

Looks more bizarre if you are just standing still. If video games taught me anything, it is that hair doesn't flutter and jiggle around for 50 seconds after running like the almighty female bosom. It moves when you do, or when something moves it. :o