Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

re-texturing for some of the older outfits

KedaruiKedarui
Mabinogi Rep: 1,860
edited June 24, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
oh yes i'm back with yet another suggestion post!!!! recently i bought my friend an outfit that looked really cute and would suit their character, but once they tried it on we both noticed just how terrible looking the texture on it looked... which sparked a thought in my head. what if some of the older outfits (i'm talking really early mabi clothing, like 2011-era) got a new texture job? since then, i've noticed some of the older outfits have this strange metallic texture to them that really show their age. in some cases it looks nice, but in these cases... not so much.

this outfit in particular is the cause of my distress:
Premium_Winter_Fur_Wear_%28F%29_Equipped_Front.png

it's a really cute outfit, but the texture on it is so metallic and awkward looking that it takes away from just how cute it really is. i get that it's supposed to be a winter outfit, but that doesn't change that it aged poorly and just looks really weird. if it had the plain, soft texture like, say, the lily romantic dress (which is basically the same outfit but shorter and with a plain texture), it would look perfect! i'm sure that texturing and clothing and all that isn't left up to the localizers so i doubt this idea would ever become a reality, but i'd at least like to know if others feel the same way.
YangKoetePearpadBronzebreakNegumikoNeirenn

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I agree. There are a lot of outfits that needs to be remade. Like most of NPC shops offer outfits with very outdated textures, i'm pretty sure no one bought any outfits from there for ages now.
    YangKoete
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yes, I support this a ton!

Some of the old outfits are incredibly ugly, and not just from bad texturing.

They could use some MODEL updates.
    No more box-chests for Popo Skirts for example.
    YangKoete
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited June 26, 2018
    Can I add to this idea and suggest having better male Human/Elf chests? Because...I mean...speaking of box chests....

Seriously, for the longest time I thought they looked like they have two pieces of cardboard stuck to their bodies. XD Of course, I'm not expecting them to be as buff as giants or anything, but maybe retexture the male model just a bit so it doesn't look like box bodies. The texture for Merlin's outfit (and the shirtless jean outfit) looks a bit better, but still slightly odd.

I know a while ago, females got a retexture to make their chests less blocky, so it would be cool if males got a similar treatment and were made to look a little better.

EDIT: Queue my never ending disappointment that the Duke's Ancient Vampire outfit never looks half as good on your human char than the Duke himself does because of that dang cardboard chest.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    When they retextured a few outfits while doing Tir…..Everyone was hoping they would do all the old outfits sold by the NPC's there. People got excited for even the basic clothes like the Popo to be done. Alas our disappointment when the NPC's outfits were the only ones that really changed. =.=
    YangKoete
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    If we had some stuff even slightly updated for some outfits, hairstyles and heck, even areas, I'm sure more people'd stick around.
  • PearpadPearpad
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    I honestly feel the same way! I've been buying some clothes from NPC clothes shop lately, even Popo's shirt and pants. It was a bummer to see how blurred the lines are, and
    I mean.. Working on textures on clothes like these? Maybe Mabinogi's market would calm down a bit with fashion prices?! People don't even bother checking these out anymore..
    YangKoete
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Just goes to say the game's age is flat out there to tell us all of a tale of a game yet to be updated with its past content.

I support an update to old outfits.
  • RudeCrowRudeCrow
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    Supporting this. I'm tired of having my characters get their arms detached during certain gestures... =~=
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    Would be great if the older outfits could be reworked to be wearable by Giants, too.

Either way, support.