Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Math Musical Dungeon

BaineyBainey
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited December 16, 2016 in Help
I can't find any information on this Math Musical dungeon via mabinogi wiki, google, forums, anywhere. I'm so freakin' confused how this dungeon even works!!! Did anyone figure it out yet? First I have Lassar's quest. The second room I go into has four harps surrounding the room where orbs usually would be. I tried everything. I hit all four of them multiple times and nothing at all happens. My volume is on and the music doesn't change. I tried playing instrument several times and I did the music jam thing but the door doesn't open. Am I the only one confused here??? How the hell do I go through this door???

Comments

• KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    You need sound on for the harp rooms. Each one will play a small part of a song, you can continue to listen, or undo. Undoing it is like hitting the orb. Once you've done this to all four harps that red swirl will go away and you have to hit them all again and choose the correct song for each harp or end up fighting mobs to "Unlock" the room for each one you get wrong.

For the harp rooms with lots of harps, you need pages from the previous rooms with those letters on them and choose the correct one when asked.

If you don't want your sound on (It's BGM for the dungeon I believe, not instrument? I could be wrong) you'll have to pay attention to the words that appear on the screen when you're doing the above actions to continue.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    @Bainey ... Shii is correct about the sound being the BGM that needs to be turned on for you to hear it. And depending on the room there are different things needed to do to clear the harp rooms. They are more 'puzzle' like now. As this is something new it will take a bit for everyone to figure themout and a bit of time before it's added to the wiki.

As Shii said, some rooms you need to choose the song being played or if wrong/turn it off fight mob to clear it. Other rooms you need to place the note pages in a window in correct order. others you simple need to choose the correct note page for each harp. In one of the rooms I had to hit the 'odd' sounding harp with the corresponding instrument I picked up in the previous room. In the boss room I had to play the same score scroll as the boss in order to hurt him.
    Kryo
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    And what then when none of the four harps have a red swirl, nor make a sound after struck NOR any instruments dropped in prior room NOR have their been any notation sheet drops???

Just spent 40 minutes running from room to room and harp to harp trying to figure it out

• LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Sentenga said:

And what then when none of the four harps have a red swirl, nor make a sound after struck NOR any instruments dropped in prior room NOR have their been any notation sheet drops???

Just spent 40 minutes running from room to room and harp to harp trying to figure it out

This happened to me when I first did the dungeon. I found out that it's just a simple glitch, and it worked fine after exiting and re-entering with a friend. Once I ran it with a friend, I solo'd it and everything worked as it should have. If you still are having issues, even after trying it this way then I suggest you to send in a ticket for a bug/glitch.
  • rawrnyahrawrnyah
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    edited December 17, 2016
    Are you sure they don't make a sound when you hit them? There's one room with 4 harps in the corners and no red swirls but when you hit the harps, 3 of them sound like a stringed instrument while one sounds like a flute. To open that room you need to due the magic flute that drops from the fomor bard in the earlier room and freestyle jam with the harp that sounds like a flute.

Edit: Correction, turns out theres no need to freestyle jam. Just hit the harp with the flute
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Ah. I had totally spaced on that version of the room, where you need the instrument and hit the harp. Bah. Darn my forgetfulness xD
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Yeah mine glitched out too. It's in the "Chamber of Memories" and the harps load but there's no red swirls and they do nothing when you hit them.
    Had to go out and back in on another pass >_>