Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

About the auction house and trade limitations

CalmWinterCalmWinter
Mabinogi Rep: 815
in Help
About the trading house:

If i put an item for auction asking for 10m and after few hours the best offer i get is 5m, what happens when the auction is over?

The item is automatically sold for 5m even if i asked for 10m?
I get to choose if i sell the item or keep it?
The item is automatically NOT sold and i get it back?

About trading items...

Some months ago i bought this item:

ne1Ck9C.png

It was a tradeable item (1 trade) but now it's at 0 because i bought it.

Is there an item (most likely in the cash shop) that can reset the counter allowing me to trade it once with another person?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 26, 2018
    Uhh... i don't understand the first question you are asking. If you ask 10m for an item then just make it 10m and hope someone will buy it??? Why should it be sold at 5m then?

About second question. The answer is no sadly.
  • CalmWinterCalmWinter
    edited June 26, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Uhh... i don't understand the first question you are asking. If you ask 10m for an item then just make it 10m and hope someone will buy it??? Why should it be sold at 5m then?

It seems the auction house has a feature where you can "offer" a lower price apart of the option to buy the item directly.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited June 26, 2018
    If i put an item for auction asking for 10m and after few hours the best offer i get is 5m, what happens when the auction is over? The person who placed a bid of 5m, buys your item for 5m.

The item is automatically sold for 5m even if i asked for 10m? Yes, it is sold for 5m if you had it set as an auction.

I get to choose if i sell the item or keep it? No, you do not have a choice to accept or deny the offer. The item is sold to the highest bidder.

The item is automatically NOT sold and i get it back? No, the item is sold to the highest bidder, in this example, for 5m.

Like Greta said, your best bet if you want 10m for the item and do not want to take less is to just put it for sale not auction.

@CalmWinter
  • CalmWinterCalmWinter
    edited June 26, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    If i put an item for auction asking for 10m and after few hours the best offer i get is 5m, what happens when the auction is over? The person who placed a bid of 5m, buys your item for 5m.

The item is automatically sold for 5m even if i asked for 10m? Yes, it is sold for 5m if you had it set as an auction.

I get to choose if i sell the item or keep it? No, you do not have a choice to accept or deny the offer. The item is sold to the highest bidder.

The item is automatically NOT sold and i get it back? No, the item is sold to the highest bidder, in this example, for 5m.

Like Greta said, your best bet if you want 10m for the item and do not want to take less is to just put it for sale not auction.

@CalmWinter

That sounds like an awful system.

You can't put something valuable but without demand, it would definitely under-sell, if not sell for a pittance.

Thanks for the reply.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    CalmWinter wrote: »
    Jazmyn wrote: »

@CalmWinter

That sounds like an awful system.

You can't put something valuable but without demand, it would definitely under-sell, if not sell for a pittance.

Thanks for the reply.

I feel the system would work well in a much larger community, or probably better if it was introduced years ago even with the smaller community. Good luck with your sales. :)