Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[UPDATED] Mabinogi at Anime Expo!

Comments

• IcekatanaIcekatana
    Mabinogi Rep: 450
    Glad to see the dead bee is getting the respect it deserves!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 25, 2018
    Still better event than Tanacon. :trollface:
    IcekatanaVitulaArjune
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    This is so unfair to anybody that doesn't live in the US...
    Greta
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    Donk3y wrote: »

I do apologize if I sound rude, but I don't think it's about fairness or not. Many companies that do games and participate in such events give out some stuff to the people that can and are willing to come participate. It's not a free event (I think, only once participated in such a convention in my country and I did have to pay), so even NA people have to do something about it.
    And they are giving us the option of obtaining them via a contest + said on stream they would try to give out more in time in different situations.
    I am also in Europe, so outside of NA, but on this subject I have never thought "How Unfair"- did think that when NA was given much better prizes in Art contests though, but if there are rules or laws that I am not aware of to abide. C'est la vie.
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050

I do apologize if I sound rude, but I don't think it's about fairness or not. Many companies that do games and participate in such events give out some stuff to the people that can and are willing to come participate. It's not a free event (I think, only once participated in such a convention in my country and I did have to pay), so even NA people have to do something about it.
    And they are giving us the option of obtaining them via a contest + said on stream they would try to give out more in time in different situations.
    I am also in Europe, so outside of NA, but on this subject I have never thought "How Unfair"- did think that when NA was given much better prizes in Art contests though, but if there are rules or laws that I am not aware of to abide. C'est la vie.

The point wasn't that they have to pay to get in the anime expo, therefore it's not free, the point is, they only make it in the US, which means everybody else in EU or some other place, cannot participate (unless we're talking millionaires lol, or people willing to spend ~1k eur just for the flight...).

Basically, if you want to go to the expo for whatever other reason (I don't know if it's free or not, but let's just assume it's not), then you automatically get this privilege.

A good analogy for this is a store giving away a free book with the purchase of any pair of trousers (for example xD) but ONLY if you live on Balder Street.
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730

The point wasn't that they have to pay to get in the anime expo, therefore it's not free, the point is, they only make it in the US, which means everybody else in EU or some other place, cannot participate (unless we're talking millionaires lol, or people willing to spend ~1k eur just for the flight...).

Basically, if you want to go to the expo for whatever other reason (I don't know if it's free or not, but let's just assume it's not), then you automatically get this privilege.

A good analogy for this is a store giving away a free book with the purchase of any pair of trousers (for example xD) but ONLY if you live on Balder Street.

That is correct, but it's not like they can do the expo everywhere. I can't personally afford to attend conventions in my own country because they are held in the capital and not my city, so I'm missing out on different things, let alone go to America to attend one.
    And as I have said, they are giving the option of a cosplay contest here on the forums too. (I will not be participating because I don't have any costumes or such :D), but some people might.
    I personally find this perfectly normal, but that is my opinion on the matter. And they are just several items, cute yes, but there are multiple other cute things in game.
  • AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited June 28, 2018
    Pickles wonders if they will sell Mabinogi merch at AX..
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I live in the States and won't participate because I also simply can't afford the con and the plane trip, so I don't think the boat is that much different.
    Jazmyn
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited June 29, 2018
    Meh... I'm kinda totes out of place. When I have the time, I don't have enough money, and vice versa. Now I have just enough money and don't have any time to visit...
    Also, since I'm living neither in the US nor in South Korea (not even in Western Europe), I may appear to be poorly educated on such topics. Just wanted to know: are there similar animexpo things that take place in South Korea involving Mabinogi whomevers?
  • RukiasakuraRukiasakura
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    Hehe, I feel bad because I'm one of the few people who can actually make it just because I live nearby. *hides 4-day pass*

They have tried expanding AX to several other areas before, I think. (They tried holding AX in Japan once and that flopped.) And yeah, you do have to pay to get in, whether you're going for one day or for all four days. It's too big to be a free event now.

I remember when I went last year, it took so long to pick up our badges and go inside on the first day. The line to get in circled around the whole block (not just the convention center), and people had to walk through neighborhoods and the occasional homeless camp on a hot July afternoon in LA. I think we waited about three hours to get in. Glad they started mailing badges this year instead, but I'm not having too much hope about being able to get inside quickly still. XD
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Hehe, I feel bad because I'm one of the few people who can actually make it just because I live nearby. *hides 4-day pass*

They have tried expanding AX to several other areas before, I think. (They tried holding AX in Japan once and that flopped.) And yeah, you do have to pay to get in, whether you're going for one day or for all four days. It's too big to be a free event now.

I remember when I went last year, it took so long to pick up our badges and go inside on the first day. The line to get in circled around the whole block (not just the convention center), and people had to walk through neighborhoods and the occasional homeless camp on a hot July afternoon in LA. I think we waited about three hours to get in. Glad they started mailing badges this year instead, but I'm not having too much hope about being able to get inside quickly still. XD

Definitely not something to feel bad about. We all have a choice in whether we go or not, it's not like it's IMPOSSIBLE. We just would all have to give up things if we did want to go bad enough, or save up; by the sounds of it, it's not the first time Nexon NA/Mabinogi has even been there.

It's almost like the big deal with Pokemon GO fest last year; soooo many people were complaining about not being able to go because it was in the states. I'm literally like 6 hour drive away (according to Google) and I still couldn't go. Lol. (30 hour drive to L.A. haha.)
  • RukiasakuraRukiasakura
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Definitely not something to feel bad about. We all have a choice in whether we go or not, it's not like it's IMPOSSIBLE. We just would all have to give up things if we did want to go bad enough, or save up; by the sounds of it, it's not the first time Nexon NA/Mabinogi has even been there.

It's almost like the big deal with Pokemon GO fest last year; soooo many people were complaining about not being able to go because it was in the states. I'm literally like 6 hour drive away (according to Google) and I still couldn't go. Lol. (30 hour drive to L.A. haha.)
    Haha, that is true. And yeah, they were also there last year, which I didn't know at the time even though I went to AX last year as well. This was before I finally decided to get back onto Mabi, so that's why I missed out.

Oh yeah, I remember people complaining about PoGo Fest last year. In fact, people still complain whether Niantic does something anyways. XD

Jazmyn
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited July 4, 2018
    @mabiteam See you guys at AX. :)