Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Soundbox Heart of the Instrument

ArgenArgen
Mabinogi Rep: 915
edited January 5, 2017 in Help
Okay, so looking for this thing is starting to drive me crazy. I know the way that it's supposed to be found is either by clearing a "Barri Advanced for 3" (which is no longer implemented), or by fishing at Port Cobh (currently on day 3 of fishing with someone else, neither of us have had any luck). So... my problem is, how does finding this thing work now? I know that how many people you go into a boss room with changes the boss but does it also change the reward and that's how you're supposed to find it? Or have all the rewards for Barri Advanced been added regardless of how many players clear the dungeon?

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    If you're going to get a book by fishing, it could take up to a month...as far as I remember, every time I fished in Avon I never got the cooking book I needed. You're probably better off just using training seals than grinding, as the rates are absurdly low on NA server due to the absurd population on the KR server that we just don't have, so we have hardly any overflow of materials and books. We're in a dire need of revamping difficult to get books, and training seals are only a temporary fix to a game breaking mechanic that hasn't aged well.
  • ArgenArgen
    edited January 5, 2017
    ....Goodie....

Thanks then, I'll try that.
  • SpringvioletSpringviolet
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    I have been fishing in Port Cobh for more than a week, still no book. Which training seals is best for music knowledge rank 6
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Adventurer Seals can be traded in for 5 or 15 point skill training seals on Sundays. Those should work amicably.
  • ArgenArgen
    @Leinei I forgot about those but the wiki has them listed as... pretty pricey...

Skill Training Seal (5) x1 25
    Skill Training Seal (15) x1 70

Guess I'll do a combination of the event and buying these with spamming of Dailies. Was hoping to spend those on something like the Royal Knight Armor. Everything is too expensive these days.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    You can spam the non-battle dailies on your main and alts and transfer them to the character that needs the book. That's what I did.
    ErydanosKingEphy
  • ErydanosErydanos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,295
    Don't forget to get those ducats ready for Ivonna's books too :/

*continues Commercing*
  • ArgenArgen
    @Leinei I'll do my best between IRL stuff.
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    IIRC my friend got it just running the dungeon. I believe she said 4 people. So probably all Barri adv rewards are avaliable.
  • PyroPyro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    I got myself up to Rank 1 Fishing in Cobh with no luck, and did about 10 runs of the dungeon (post-revamp and with 4 players). I gave up though and decided to advertise that I was interested in buying it from someone. No luck there either though... I was able to save up 11 music skill seals from the cheering event, so I'll probably just use those instead. The current event's skill seals woulda been nice for it too if I hadn't gotten some from cheering xD
  • SpringvioletSpringviolet
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Thanks everyone! I just rank the skill using 10 Skill Training Seal (10) from the event.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Erydanos
    Erydanos said:

Don't forget to get those ducats ready for Ivonna's books too :/

*continues Commercing*
    Luckily those books are able to be player shopped.